PhotoVideo Network / Rip Offs

1 271 Route 46WestFairfield, NJ, United States
Phone: 973-276-800

For the past couple of years, I have been receiving post cards and mails from PhotoVideo Network. One day, I saw them in a wedding magazine. They pop up everywhere. I decided to call them and because the person I spoke with was so nice and pleasant, I agreed to meet with him on a Sunday afternoon. Besides, they came off as being willing to work with their customers, or potential customers. Long story short, my mother is very ill so she is back and forth in the hospital and that day she had to be picked up. So, In the middle of the shuffle, I had one of their representatives selling me their service and product while I was running back and forth to look at their video sample (which is not that great, I might add, ) as well as speaking with him. My fiancé and I finally had an opportunity to sit with him and discuss packages and pricing. The representative kept stressing that they always work with their brides, and that they never ever leave an event unless it is over. They kept emphasizing that we would have the videographer for the whole event from start to finish. Boy, was I an idiot for believing. It gets better! He kept badgering me that he had another prospective client to see who is having their wedding on the same day. I was a bride in distress and I felt very pressured. When I decided to go with him, I was going to give a check because it is the safest way to go. He told me that they do not accept check. Only cash and credit cards. I was shocked because I have never heard of such a thing. I know that companies do not accept check as final payment, but for first payment? That is bizarre. They know what they are doing, that's why they only accept credit cards, because when the customers read their contract themselves, they are going to want their money back. Anyway, my fiancé was taking a look at the contract and he had a 6-hour maximum on the contract. I remember him saying as long as the event. And he kept saying, "don't worry about it, don't worry about. You have nothing to worry about. You are well taken care of." He even told me that everything he is telling me is on the contract so I didn't have to read it. Stupidity on my part, I listened to him. I had other things on my mind. I gave him my credit card and he actually called it in right away. I'm telling you, he sat around my kitchen table and processed my card right away. So Odd! I called the company the following morning and spoke with the representative's boss, Wolly, and he refused to stop the charge. I explained the whole thing to him and he refused to reverse the charge. I have tried handling this with my credit card company; they are not willing to help me. If they stop and think about all the stuff that we have to deal with as brides and then have to think about videographers ripping us off, that would be nice. They seemed great. I should never have gone with them I regret everything. I just hope that this complaint will help another prospective victim of PhotoVideo Network. And WaMu Bank is awful too. They refused to help me dispute the charge with the company. I wish I had used a regular credit card. I wish I knew then what I know today. Our mistakes only make us wiser. Consumers, beware!

Bh