PhotoVideo Network / This has been the worst experience ever!

Please do not use PhotoVideo Network - Fort Lauderdale, FL for the most important day of your life!!! They lie and do not deliver as they say. They tell you one thing and then when it's time to get your pictures its "oh we can add that for an ADDITIONAL amount of..." TRUST ME.....This has been the WORST experience ever!! I got married in September of 06 and STILL have nothing to show for it except excuse after excuse!! They treat you like you are stupid and that you do not have any idea of what you are talking about. They twist your words around and make you feel like the bad guy! Again.... Please do not use them if you want your wedding pictures!!!

Va

Comments

• Al
      19th of Feb, 2007

I agree with your complaint; however, I used the New Jersey branch. My wedding was put off 2 times already; both times I was charged a fee for moving my date as well as a fee of the difference for my package each year (alone that cost an extra $1,000.00). I called the company a few days before my wedding to finalize times and locations I was tricked into using their services for an extra 1/2 hr ($80/service= 160). Then they guy runs this little "oh well we went digital since you've booked your package we can double your pics for $250.oo" I say " and these are mine to keep" he agrees so I agree to the deal. After all is said and done, I get a bill for 500 and some odd dollars, when questioned the company, I was basically told that I agreed to the extra time (which I didn't) and that I wouldn't get my proofs until this was paid off..... Now I got my proof book, with a letter stating that if I want to keep the book it will cost $450 dollars. Yes they did take a lot of pictures; however, there are some pictures that I asked them to take that are missing. I am so fed up with the dishonesty and this companies manipulative ways, I just set up an appt for my video editing, which I was told that would also have additional charges, due to the new things that they can do. I mean come on, my package to begin with was 1,500.00, which is way over there basic package advertisement, and I seem to be paying even more for things I thought were included with my package and additional fees. They suckered my brother into doing his wedding as well, they are also a bit nervous, especially seeing what they are putting me through.

• Br
      20th of Feb, 2007

I would like to amend my complaint against PhotoVideo Network, they have worked with my family and I to rectify the problem. Which turned out to be more of a time issue as opposed to anything else. My Family and I feel that they are meeting our request to the best of there ability, which is that I will be receiving my Wedding Pictures soon. For that I am very Thankful.

Sincerely
    Brittney Rivera

I would recommend their services.

• Hi
      4th of Mar, 2007

We agree. We used Photo Video of Ft. Lauderdale. What a nightmare. Our wedding took place Oct 28, 2006. We received our video the last week of February. They did nothing but lie to us about the entire process and the costs. We wouldn't recommend using them. If they would have just tried to work things out with us, we probably wouldn't be as upset. That flat out refused. Video is horrible too. We can't possibly state in enough words how upset we are about this whole fiasco. We hope someone will avoid such a bad experience by using someone else.

• Va
      16th of Oct, 2007

My wedding was just recently in New Jersey and so far I am extremely unhappy with their services. There are lots of hidden fees! They played that same game with me about using them for extra time and then having the nerve to charge 100 dollars per half hour!!!! A week before my wedding I had not heard from them so I called them and they asked me what time I wanted them to show up. After going back and forth and asking them for suggestions I gave them a time. Apparently the time would mean that the photographer would be there an extra 2 hours. They NEVER mentioned that it would be extra hours or extra money for that. When I complained about their lack of professional courtesy, my account manager (TOM) twisted my words and tried to make me feel like I was an idiot. My proof book arrived recently and although the pictures were nice they were in digital form...printed on digital photo paper and are 2 x 5 size... YOU CAN BARELY SEE THEM!!! I assumed the proof book (like many of my other friends' weddings) would be regular sized pictures that I could actually see and enjoy for a lifetime. My account is not closed with them yet, but from current experience I am sure I will have many more complaints to come. DO NOT USE THEM! THEY ARE TOTAL RIP-OFFS!!!!!! IF YOU VALUE YOUR PICTURES AND YOUR MONEY... DO NOT USE THEM!

19th of Oct, 2007

I totally agree with the complaints! I was ripped off by purchasing a $3000.00 package and on top of that there were the hidden fees. I was also charged for extra coverage 2hrs. For the photographer and videographer. An extra $800 dollars! Then when we made the appointment to chose our pictures, we were offered another better quality album... for an extra $900.oo! Enough is enough!
    All we want now is what we paid for. We are still waiting...
    PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

• Be
      20th of Nov, 2007

They have been doing unfair business for over twenty years, and have been sued countless times.. the photographer was clueless and the pictures came out horrible. They are now doing business under a new name called Total Focus, avoid them both.

• Fa
      4th of Jan, 2008

Wow, what an experience. First let me start by saying that it is January, I got married in May and STILL NO PICTURES! I received my proof book in July and have made numerous attempts to set up our "studio" appt, which was NEVER explained to me in the first place. I am often told that they are working on the "summer weddings" by Tom, my handy-dandy, oh-so-helpful account manager, but last I checked, May is before June, July and August! The quality of the pictures flat out suck. My 4 year old nephew could have taken better shots. They all look like snap-shots and apparently, the photographer was very fond of my chest because I have 12 pictures of just that, my chest! The photographer arrived one hour late and then Tom, the account manager who is a nightmare, has the audacity to tell me that I was lying! To make it clear to Tom, I explained that his videographer (who was wonderful) had to call and ask where the photographer was because I was dresssed and ready to walk down the isle. Needless to say, I dont have a single picture of me getting dressed. No formal pictures of my family were taken and as a matter of fact, my husband does not have a SINGLE picture of him and his mother or father!! I am DISGUSTED!!!!!! I have gotten to the point that I cannot go to the appt because I am so angry. Our plan was to give our families the pictures we already PAID IN FULL FOR, but instead, I had nothing but a thank you card that I had to make out of pictures from friends. (I also paid for thank you cards) Its bad enough that they almost ruined my wedding day, but now, I dont have pictures to smile at. This company is AWFUL!!! DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THEM!! I will be sure to post more once someone in my family attends the "studio appt". As for my video, it hasnt even been mentioned, lets see if they even have a video of OUR wedding...

• Yo
      14th of Jan, 2008

I was married in August of 2006, did not recieve proof book until about 4-5 months after. When the book did come it said to choose the pictures that I wanted (which were all very terrible-streaks in the pictures and very hard to see), it also had a note stating that if I want the proof book it would be $450.00.

I called to make my appt. for them to come to show me the results of the photo and video of my wedding, but was told that I have to come all the way to NJ (never mentioned). I told them that I spoke to Tom. They said there was never a Tom (and it all excalladed from here on). I went to NJ to the office and showed them the pictures that I wanted and also asked them if they are going to fix the actual pictures better than the proofs, they said sure-FOR AN EXTRA CHARGE!!
    I then looked at my video, which made me start to cry because it looked so terrible. The quality was sooooo bad, I mean if I wanted a home video I could have had a family member record it. Anyway I explained this to them and was offered an extra charge. $3,300.00. I signed the contract, but don't know why. It must have been my hormones (3 months pregnant) or that I was truly desperate to have beautiful memories on film.

I called back in 1 day to let them know to not go farward with the upgrade because I really can't afford it , but was told be Bruce that they can't "It was already in process and looked great". I was let go from my job a few days after and informed them again that I am pregnant and no longer working so can we come to some kind of agreement. Still nothing from them.

Anyhow this story is already to long and there is still more to tell so in short I will say: ALL BRIDES ALL GROOMS ANYONE LOOKING FOR PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS, DO NOT USE PHOTOVIDEO NETWORK.

TO THIS DAY I AM STILL GOING THROUGH THE DRAMA!!!

• So
      1st of Feb, 2008

Horrible service,never use the New Jersey branch !!!

Some guy called Bruce over there,extremely rude and obnoxious!!!They`ll drain you of all your money,then will take at least 3 months before sending you the photos.These guys are terrible,I really regret not being more investigative when hiring them.To anyone who wants to use photovideo network,New Jersey branch,don`t even bother,it`s not worth it.

As for whoever retracted her comments on this website some time ago,maybe she was threatened with a slander lawsuit by the same people.I for one will say the truth,I wouldn`t wish this type of treatment on my worst enemy,even at risk of frivolous lawsuits.If I had the money and time I would these guys myself!

Avoid them at all costs,

Sorokian.

• Kr
      6th of Feb, 2008

I thought I was the only one with a complaint about photvideo network but have realised that they are just a bunch of liars and cheats. I got married last November 2007 and what a nightmare they have been-I still havent received any word fromthem-I took them to BBB but they are useless now i'm taking them to small claims court!my weding package was for $1800 but now have to pay them around $2100 for the hidden cost and over time which we were not aware of!

• Ad
      29th of Apr, 2008

I made an appointment on January at 9pm in the nigth to check their work. After making sure that the contract says 1, 500. The agent Ralph changed the amount and added 123.60 without letting me know. I got very angry because he did it without letting me know and without me looking at it. After he left, I saw the additions and called him back right away to cancel. He said that I had to speak to his manager for him to waive that fee because they were taxes and the next morning the first thing they did was take out my money eventhough I told him that I no longer wanted because I felt deceived and cheated by what he did. To this date April 29, 2008 I still don't have the deposit that we payed him 550.00. Consumer Affairs has not done anything to make them pay me my money.

• Ay
      15th of May, 2008

They are horrible!!! They say one thing and then when its time to get your photos and video they want to add on all these extra charges. We paid them $3, 200 in 2006 and only have our proof book. Went to see the video and it was horrible, it looked as if it was a home video (all this talk on how their cameras are the best of the best). Then they want to charge an extra $200 for time they didnt even do the job! I call and try to speak and this Pet Johnson creature doesn't even let you speak, he'll interupt you and act as if your speaking for no reason. And of course this boils me cause you shouldn't be speaking to your client that spent a couple of thousands for your service. Nasty attitude and of course i give them one right back, they're lucky their not in my presence. Any how i asked if i can just get for what i paid for ($3, 200) and that was a NO, they rather give us NOTHING in return because they said its been already made. Well if your gonna discard my stuff because we wont pay you and extra $1200 then you might as well give me for what i paid for!

I DO NOT RECOMMEND PHOTO VIDEO NETWORK or TOTAL FOCUS!!! Their trying to hide all the complaints and start up clean with another name. Pathetic!!!

• Gk
      1st of Jul, 2008

We agree what Horrible service...there is to much to explain, its just an awful experience. Please if you read this do not use photovideo network in N.J.
    they will ruin your wedding.
    The people who work there are horrible, if they had any heart they would not lie and treat people that way.
    There are many hidden fees, you must read the fine print on the contract. They will eat you up if you do not. When you complain they laugh at you, the receptionist is so dizzy, and clueless, and you cannot speak with a manager. They all claim to be account managers.
    The work is amateur, all of it.
    How are they in business?

• Li
      7th of Jul, 2008

I agree, this has been the absolute worst part of the wedding. This company sent someone to my house, showed us a video and then completely used the bait and switch tactic of having us sign the contract using their "camera edit". This means to them UNEDITED (atleast that's what the release of the video contract says.) What a lousy bunch of scam artists.
    My 4 year old niece could have done the same thing that they charged me $1000.
    DO NOT USE PHOTOVIDEO in NJ/NY

• Ve
      13th of Jul, 2008

My daughter also used this company for her August 2007 wedding with all the same complaints and more. Anyone interested in stopping this company from bringing another BRIDE TO TEARS please contact me at vasmom@hotmail.com. There is power in numbers, I believe we don't even have to go as far as a law suit, as a group we can contact all major media with our stories and take it from there.

• Gr
      12th of Sep, 2008

I got one better. Try going through your wedding, thinking that someone is taking a video of what is surely the most beautiful day of your life, only to find out later that the camera that the videographer was using was not functional. Thats right... the camera man was looking through the lens of a camera that did not work. When did he realize this, not until he was taking video of the final dance at the reception. I would strongly suggest that someone put a stop to this madness. PVN is horrible. Trust me, go somewhere else... anywhere else... spend the extra money.. its worth it in the end.. If I would have known, I would have not tried to budget on the video.

• Go
      12th of Oct, 2008

We had a military wedding in July of 2008. We had the guy come to our house and sell us on a package for $1000, and then we thought about it and decided that we wanted a Video. So he came back and sold us another package for another $1000. When the Videographer arrived at the Chapel, I thought he was going to have a stroke. He was so old. After about 30 mins at the chapel, he asked me if I would sign the paper, he said I would be busy later. So I trusted him and signed the paper. During the reception my son was dancing with my nephew and the photographer and Video guy were no where to be found. I found them in the back by the kitchen eating. I asked them to please come and take pictures. By the time the video guy came in the room, the dance was done. Both the Photo and video guy left at 7pm and the reception ended at 8pm. After about 6 weeks we called and asked when we could come in and view our pictures. We were told we could after we settled our account. We knew we owed about $300, we were told that there was extra time and we owed $850. We told them that we didn't get the extra time and that both left at 7pm. We were told that if we wanted our pictures we needed to pay. So we did. We received the proof disk, selected the 150 they said to pick. (Our dog then bite into the proof disk.) We sent in the sheet they wanted and waited for an appt. Last week we went into the North Jersey store and finally got to meet "Tom". He was dressed in sweat pants and a golf shirt. Looked very un- professional, he showed us the pictures we had selected and then left the room. After selecting our pictures, we had to go get him, he then got a little upset when we said we didn't want to spend any more money. We then gave him the pictures for our video, he said that we didn't pay for the honeymoon montage, yet the email we received from them said to bring them in. I asked him if he could get us a new proof disk and he said "sure for $200" . I told him i was not happy with the service and the fact that we were charged for the extra hour, he said there was nothing he could do because we signed the paper work. Then I told him that not only was the Video guy "bad" but he also tried to talk to all the people at the wedding about his own business and give out his business card. He said he didn't know anything about that. So I showed him one of the cards he gave me. He said nothing. I asked to see the video and he said it was still in editing, so to date, I have no idea what will be on our wedding video. I looked at the paperwork when he was out of the office and it states that the customer is the only one who should sign the timecard paperwork, or right anything on it. Both mine and my wife’s name was filled in, not by us. When we were leaving I told him that I was calling the better business bureau, he didn't care. I also asked for the owner's name "WALLY CAMPBELL". I was told I could reach him after lunch. I called back and talked to another great guy "Mike" he said the same song and dance the Tom did. When I asked to talked to the owner, he said this is as far as you can go. He said I could not talk to the owner. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE A JOKE. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT GETTING YOUR MONEY. THEY HAVE 86 COMPLANTS WITH THE BBB IN THE PAST 36 MONTHS. I AM ACTIVLY TRYING TO FIND AND SPEAK WITH WALLY CAMPBELL.

• Pa
      28th of Oct, 2008
    PhotoVideo Network - Lying Salespeople
    Photovideo Network
    23-50 38th Street
    Queens Village
    Phone: 646-443-4818

These people wrongly represented the price for the video. They are low lives who cannot get jobs anywhere else and instead try to make money off people on their wedding day, which is a significant event and they know people will pay. Please reconsider in engaging them for their services.

• So
      26th of Jan, 2009

I hope that I get enough complaints about this company to file a suit and close them down. They are absolutely disgusting! They try every tactic under the table to "get you". I wish I had the time and enegy to get an attorney on this! The salesperson is a lying piece of crap. I can't believe this day and age companies still get away with these salesmanship tactics! I was promised my video would be 1000 and now they want me to pay 2200 for it! Are you kidding me? 2200 for a wedding video? Give me a break. I plan to leave them nasty voicemails everyday until they get me my paw uncut footage to give to SOMEONE ELSE TO EDIT. I AM NOT GIVING THEM ANOTHER PENNY.

10th of Feb, 2009

Hi guys,

I am sorry to hear all your bad experience with Photo Video Network!

I have been in wedding photography and videography business for years. The truth is that there is no way photo video network could've offeredthe packages for under $700 if there are no hidden fees and they don't cut corners.

First of all, one professional wedding photographer and videographer would cost at least $50-$100 an hour to hire. So for a 8-hour wedding, it would've cost Photo Video Network $400-$800 for a freelance photographer or videographer. To make money after its advertisement costs, store/office rentals, sales commissions, etc, Photo Video Network would need to hire volunteers or non-professionals to keep the cost down.

And a package with album for under $700? Does it sound too good to be true? Then it probably is! A good album would've cost a lot with design fees and printing fees. And what about edited video? A lot people do not understand the behind the scene process, but it takes hours and hours of work.

So NO seasoned photography company is able to offer packages with an album for under $700. I hope this information would help people to make more informative decision about their choice of photographer and videographer.

I truly hope that you would get enough people to close them down!