photographers r us / SCAM

1 244 west 35 stNYC, United States Review updated:

Basically these ### call you in and you expect it to be an open call for modeling, then then rush you through conversation and say you need photos to get into the modeling world. Basically they trick you into spending hundreds of dollars for nothing, because i was never called or given the photos and was reffered to 0 modeling agencies. I might go back in and kill the c0cksvcker who screwed me over, you cant miss him. He has the typical ### con artist look, kinda tall, dark slicked back hair. Anyway, don't ever go here, its a joke and even the guys own employee had to be taken out by the police because he was trying to expose the scam. he told us, but unfortunatly we paid aready and there was a no refund. All i can say is this guy better watch his back becau eim gonna find him in a parking lot and give him what he deserves. to the rest of you, stay away from this place

More photographers r us Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Be
      30th of May, 2009

i had the same experience and he would talk you out too fast you would not understand what he is saying. i only paid half and the ### is really persistent. BEWAREA

• Bl
      30th of May, 2009

i dont get it, if you are in the same city as this business, sue them in small claims court.

small claims doesnt allow people to bring in lawyers, it is just you, him and the judge. have him explain to the judge why he feels he deserves to keep that money.

more than likely, he will quickly issue a refund before he has to show up and talk to a judge about his methods.

it costs like $50, talk to the clerk of the court in your city. its worth a shot, because like i said, these kinds of people do not want to go in front of a judge and explain themselves.

31st of May, 2009

I totally agree with the comment above, but you know some people like me, just does not like to go to all these traverse and spending more money and time with these, especially at these hard times. its like a long process and you're not even sure if the judge would side on you. Because as far as the banks are concerned, the transaction is legal and void. But what this guy does is that if you agreed with his terms and the photo shoot, after a hush hush conversation, he swipes your card(and he will insist on your debit card because it is hard to dispute with the bank)the name appearing on the transaction receipt is Photographers R us which has no relation at all to the talent agency he would put up as ad on craigslist for example. and what makes his sales solid is that on the receipt, it says no refund, all agreed services delivered on date of signed receipt to satisfaction. Well at the end of the day, he will still go and fool around a lot of people even if probably one will make a complaint at the clerk of courts.

• Km
      23rd of Aug, 2009

Yea well I was suckered into purchasing the photos and it wasn't til after I got my receipt I saw it read Photographer's R U. I was like wtf? I thought this place was called WMT? When I got home I looked both names up online and there it was. They're a total scam!! Anyways, I am not going to get into my story on how I got scammed because it's pretty much the same as everyone else. What I do want to say is that there is a way to get your money back. And if your bold enough to do this, you can stop beating your head against the wall and quit calling yourself stupid for falling into the scam. Being that I hate scammers with a passion, I decided to give this guy Brad (in case you didn't know that is his name) a dose of his own medicine. I went online and printed out at the rip-off I could find of WMT, Photographer's R Us, Model Talent Network, and all of his other phony agency names. I also printed out the Better Business Bureau reports. Then I went down there at 10 am on the dot which is when they open. I stood outside the building and waited until I saw people going in. I started handing out the papers I printed and began warning people to not purchase anything from this guy. You couldn't believe how many people were surprised to read the stories. Anyways, I guess Brad was wondering why he wasn't getting any customers that he decided to step out and see what was going on. So yeah he saw me and told me to leave that I had no business being there and I told him I have every business to be here and that until he gives me back my money I wasn't leaving. He then decided to waste NYPD's time and call the cops on me and telling them that I was harassing him. The funny thing is that the cops have a very long history with that agency from people who have been conned. Anyways, the cops said so log as I don't block the doorway I can stay there for as long as I like and talk to whoever I like. That pretty much pissed Brad off that after a good 20 more minutes of me warning people he eventually gave in and told the cops that he was willing to make peace and refund my money so long as I leave the premises. I agreed. HA! Now if you guys want to get your refund, your best bet is to make him lose as many customers as possible, eventually losing $150-$250 is far less painful then $6000. You can also report the agency to BBB and to the attorney general. If enough people report this guy to the AG they can do an investigation and lock this guy up. You can also go to myfoxny.com and and send an email to Arnold Diaz and he can do a shame shame shame on this ###