PhotoDynasty.com / Online fraud

United States Review updated:

Yesterday I ordered the new 52' samsung 'touch of color' 650 series (that has been getting rave reviews) from a New York based internet camera store named Photodynasty. After placing my order I received an email that indicated I should call to confirm my order with Ken (ken@photodynasty.com). When I called Ken, I was told that there were two types of televisions, OEM versions without stands, remotes, cords or manuals, and the retail version. For only $289 more I could upgrade and receive a working unit. I indicated that this was obviously false, there is no such thing as an OEM television. Ken was adamant that I should agree to pay a few hundred markup for nothing. I told him that this report was next on the agenda and to expect an email. He told me that I should expect to be subpeona'ed. Before I hung up, he started laughing at me... WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, YOU PETTY LYING FU*KWIT!!!
Va

Comments

Jo
  24th of Nov, 2008
We also ordered a 50" Samsung on November 3rd. It has yet to arrive. When we called Photodynasty we were put on hold for a very long time and when it was explained that the TV was shipped to the wrong address, we were told that we had to pay for it to be shipped to the correct address. We have the origioinal order confirmation but even though we called several times and it was assured we would get an email confirming shipment. When the email never arrived we called every day only to now find out the TV has been shipped to the billing address on the credit card and not the shipping address as indicated. They also said we had to pay extra for a stand, which comes with every TV. We are refusing the Television and taking whatever steps necessary get a chargeback on our credit card and notify the attorney generals office in New York. We order off of the internet many times and have never been treated like this. They are very rude even when you call them to find out about your order.