Photo Video Network / Deceptive practices

1 271 US 46, Fairfield, NJ, United States Review updated:

Salesman came to the house and in front of Me, my wife, two of my daughters (one of which is to be married) and my future son in law systematically lied to us about the package regarding the photo CD. All my daughter wanted was a cd of the pictures so that she might put together her own album in a way that she likes. The Salesman Steve Santangelo PROMISED that the pictures on the cd would be copyright free (not that my daughter was going to publish any of them) and even said, and I QUOTE "you can take them to CVS or Target or anywhere you like and have them printed with no problem." This topic was stressed by me, my wife and my daughter several times during the conversation. He then wrote PROOF CD on the contract and when my daughter questioned it he said that it was what he had told us was the same as the picture CD. We called and the office manager said that he talked to him and that was NOT what he said and that he couldn't do anything about it unless we paid an extra $400. My daughter has since hired another photographer but is apparently out over $600 for the down payment. I am pursuing this with the New Jersey State Attorney General's office. These people are heartless CROOKS.

Comments

4th of Oct, 2008

The sales people of this company, WRONGLY represent their price package. I was told 6 hours of footage, 2 locations at $1, 000. I was not told that I had to pay for the in-between time of going from the church to the hall. I got a phone call the week before my wedding (the nerve) telling me that I had to pay an extra $450.00, otherwise the videographer was only paid to until 8pm (regardless of wether he was shooting or not). This was very sneakily done. Mind you, they called me to tell me this, so this was planned all along.
    DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!! By the way, I still have not recieved my video from these people. It has been 5 months already.

• So
      12th of Apr, 2011

The sales people of this company, WRONGLY represent their price package, and very pushy! we signed the contract and then tried to cancel within the three day window (after seeing their reviews) ! they would not give us our money back. Since then we have hired a new photographer for our wedding. I should have done my research before signing any contract, but regardless I am out my deposit but I will take that for a piece of mind and great pictures for my wedding day. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!