Photo Dynasty / Bad experience with Photo Dynasty

1 UnknownUnknown, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-672-4077

I was trying to order a package of Canon EOS 40D camera from Photo Dynasty. First, it was really hard to speak with someone over the phone. Even I got a chance, and then I was put on hold for more than 20 min. After I placed an online order, I got an email asking to call the vendor back. When I called back, one man tried to sell me more expensive package or add more staffs which I don't need, any way the only purpose was not to serve customers, but try to sell a higher price. After I refused these offers, then I got an answer "we don't have that one you asked for"!!!- This was my shopping experience with Photo Dynasty; hope you don't become another victim.

Comments

• Ro
      25th of Jul, 2008

I also had a bad experience with Photo Dynasty. I ordered a Sony Camcorder. They called me back and tried to push other items on me. After a week and a half I checked the status of my order which took 10 minutes to get through only to get an answering machine to leave a message. Of course they never called me back. So, I called back again and waited another 10 minutes only to get the rudest salesperson I've ever come aceoss over the phone. After swearing back and forth he hung up on me. Needless to say I cancelled my order. Photo Dynasty is now on my list to go to "Hell!"
    P.S. I f your smart avoid them like the "Plague." There are alot more friendlier. honest companies to do business with and who appreciate your business.

• Vi
      27th of Jul, 2008

I ordered a Canon 100mm f2.8 USM macro lens because the price. Boy, did I take the bait. A person e-mailed me and asked me to call him. When I called, he said that the lens is an older version and is not for dslr and saying that he could do me a favor to switch to the one I was looking for.
    I tried to cancel the order and he just say "no, you cannot cancel the order". I said but that's not the product you listed in your site and you have not yet shipped. He just say "no, you cannot cancel the order". Then, he tried to sell me a package of lens cleaning and more warranty package.
    Please note that the picture in their website is the new version and the description is for the new version of the lens to mislead you. The old version that the guy told me should be the one without USM and the look is different.
    I turned around and write to my credit card bank to stop the payment and send him an E-mail to officially cancel the order.
    This company has gone through many names and the tactic is all the same. Buys beware...

• Ra
      18th of Aug, 2008

I agree i had similar experience with a Nikon D300 camera

• Bb
      18th of Aug, 2008

• St
      21st of Aug, 2008

I called a couple of days ago after seeing the low prices they offer on their website. I talked with an agent briefly, after asking him for the price of the Nikon D60 body and my interest in only purchasing this item with 2 day shipping, he then said " hold on a minute" and put me on hold for more than 10 actual minutes. I honestly don't think he had any intentions in returning to the line. Beware.. don't fall for these scam artist as you will pay a painful price.

• B
      28th of Aug, 2008

Over 1000 complaints says it all. I got ripped off too.

• Da
      10th of Nov, 2008
    Photo Dynasty - Changed price and sent wrong lens
    Photo Dynasty
    1965 McDonald Ave, 11223
    Brooklyn
    New York
    Phone: 888 672-4077

I purchased a Nikon lens advertised for $179, the Nikon 55-200mm VR zoom lens.
    They called me and told me I had to decide between two different mounts, a plastic one for cheep or a metal mount for extra money. I ordered the metal mount. They changed the price from $179.00 to $249.99. When the lens was delivered, it had the plastic mount.
    What a bunch of rip-offs!

• Pa
      24th of Nov, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I ordered a lens, received it about a week later at a higher price than what was shown on their website. When i called to get the discrepancy fixed, they told me that i called them and requested shipping insurance. (which is B.S.) I spoke with the shipper (UPS) and they said that no additional shipping insurance was purchased for the item. Now they won't return my calls.
    Warn everyone you know to stay away from this comany and their sister companies.

• Ke
      7th of Jan, 2009
    Photo Dynasty - Bad service
    Photo Dynasty
    photodynasty.com

Terrible experience. I ordered the projector on 12/18- paid extra for 3 day shipping. 12/23 (when I was expecting delivery) I got an email from "Ken" at Photodynasty.com. Ken advised that I should call to confirm the order. When I called, Ken said that my projector was set to ship, but the order didn't include a BULB. He needed to know if wanted a bulb included for an additional $199. I told him I couldn't answer that question, I needed to review my order and see if there should have been a bulb included. Ken told me I could NOT call back- it had to be resolved NOW. I said I wouldn't do that. Ken said: You either authorize a bulb at $250, or cancel the order. I said what happened to the $199 bulb? Ken advised that the price went up. (This happened in about 10 seconds). I said "Cancel it!". Then I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Discover making sure these thieves didn't try to charge my card.

• Pi
      13th of Mar, 2009

i also have similar experience with sony hdr-sr12, but i still pay them with higher price, but i never received my item, so i call them, but i never have chance talk to the same sales person again, i had left more than 5 message to him no return call to me, and other sales persons are not able to help me that is what they said.Then i do my charge back on the credit card and this is happen year ago.
    Yesterday they had call me and try to collect the money from me again, and they said they have the evidence now, and if i do not pay them the money back they will call the police to arrest me????????
    if you have same experience with me or any other people on this site we should turn this company down together.