Phonesured / Unauthorized debiting of account

1 United States

In Jul 09 my father was sold a Cell C contract telephonically. He was informed since it was a phone conversation the call was being recorded and would be considered legally binding - to which he agreed. He was asked if he wanted phone insurance to which he answered NO!

It infuriated me to discover that even though he did not ask for insurance, he has been billed every month since then (by PhoneSured). Both he and I have tried calling PhoneSured to cancel the contract, but to no avail. On the occassion that I called, I spoke to Chris who checked the recorded conversation that confirmed my father had not requested insurance. He promised the contract would be cancelled and my father refunded. This did not happen and my father was yet again billed in Dec 09 and has seen no refund!

Looking at the other complaints for PhoneSured, I am not alone in this! How is this company being allowed to debit peoples personal accounts without permission! Where are they getting the account numbers from? I want this contract CANCELLED and my father REFUNDED!!!

Si