PhonePeople.com / Hiding Fees & not telling customers

1 San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 858-569-4444

This company sells phone numbers and voice mail service. I signed up for their monthly service costing $9.99. My receipt shows that my TOTAL monthly cost would be $9.99. Then when this company bills each month they charge $10.93. When I asked about it they said this was not tax but a company charge to recover costs. They explained that this fee is in their terms of service. I asked why they hide a company charged fee in the TOS and they had no answer. If a consumer is purchasing something, the company should make it very clear what all charges will be and not hide them in a document they know most people don't read. It may be legal but this takes advantage of their customers. Every one of their customers are being charged this fee and I believe most don't even know it because it didn't show up during check out and it doesn't show up on the receipt they give the customer showing all charges that will be charged each month.

Mi

Comments

• Ho
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Phone People is an unethical company.

• Ph
      29th of Apr, 2009

This fee is clearly detailed in our customer agreement which is agreed to at the time of checkout. It is also shown on order receipts on the website and via email.