PhonePages / Fraud and scam

1 1410 Stanley, Suite 1020Montréal, Québec, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 866-328 8551

I am very grateful to the others on this website who have reported problems with PhonePages. My wife and I are going through the exact same thing. PhonePages contacted us asking if we wanted to renew our contract. My wife thought they were Yellow Pages. She said to send us their information and we would review their package.

The PhonePages representative then said he'd transfer her to a different department to get our address, so they could mail us info. During this second conversation they asked her questions such as 'are you authorized to make payments', etc. She said yes but in no way agreed to paying them for this service.

We then got a phone call a few days later asking for over $700. My wife was dumbfounded. They then informed her they have her on tape agreeing to a contract, which is complete BS. She said no she did not, and they got all of a sudden quite verbally abusive saying things like 'look sweetheart, we know what we are doing'. It was crazy!

We ignored them but have since gotten several threatening phone calls and letters saying they are sending us to collections. I have written back twice saying to cancel everything, and especially take our logo off their webpage, which we do not even know how they got.

We will see now what happens. What a scam.

Va

More PhonePages Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ph
      5th of Jan, 2012

I have never found so much complaints by one company this easy. They are complete scam artists! Usually when a telemarketer calls they actually tell you what they want, but this is not the case with Phone Pages. The guy calls you and he tells you you are "renewing the ad". He doesn't start off with "do you want to purchase the ad?" I don't understand why they are still running when they have so many complaints against them. They called me at a busy time and I thought they were Yellow Pages so I thought I was "confirming everything". Then two weeks later we get a bill saying we owe them $500. They will call you 5 times per day at the busiest time and send you a lot of fax messages! Then the guy said that they would send us to third party if we didn't pay the fee. We shall know find out what happens.

• Bi
      1st of Feb, 2012

now they are dealing with a collections agent out of the U.S., possibly because the Canadian Collections agents have figured out it is a complete scam. They lie in order to send out a fraudulent invoice for services that you never asked for in the first place and then they charge you a "cancellation fee" when you tell them to get lost. Some people have a lot of nerve. Too bad that they don't use their imaginations to do something honest and constructive instead. What a waste of resources.