Phoneiscash.com / Company does not send payment for phone or respond to inquiries

1 8302 17th Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11214Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-837-0385

After getting a purchase number online, I shipped my phone to PhoneIsCash.com. However, I did not hear back from them. When I went back online to see why, I discovered that they will often "disqualify" a phone for any reason and not report back to the sender/seller. According to their terms as stated online, when a phone is disqualified, the company merely keeps it -- they do not return it or respond to inquiries about it. Their phone is always answered by a fax machine and they do not reply to emails or faxes. Evidently, I was supposed to send the dead battery with the phone, and when I did not, they kept my phone and refused to reply to my further inquiries and my repeated offer to send the dead battery so I could get paid. Do not use this company.

Comments

12th of Dec, 2008
    Phoneiscash.com - Check never received
    Micromedia Corp
    8302 17th Ave
    Brooklyn
    New York
    phoneiscash.com

I sold sidekick 3 to them for $100. My status says check has been sent but was never delivered at all. Emails to them have bounced back so they are no longer returning email complaints. This company is a fraud. I have filed a similar complaint against these scam artists to the New York Better Business Bureau.

• Ca
      13th of Jan, 2009

This company buys back cellular phone. IN its website stated my cell worth for $10.00. Therefore, I mailed my cellular phone (including battery, charger), it does not provide free mailing label, so I have to pay postage. In my account it showed phone received. I did not receive payment for more than 2 months. When I e-mail to find out the payment status, it responsed "disqualify". It is really a ###, my phone works fine, the reason I sold it because I got a new one. Phoneiscash.com rip people off, get a free phone, I have to pay postage and lose a phone. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AT ALL.

• Ca
      13th of Jan, 2009

This is correction of previous complain, the company name is PHONEISCASH.COM

• Gb
      10th of Feb, 2009
    Phoneiscash.com - withheld payment
    phoneiscash.com

In May of 2008, I sold a samsung m620 to an online phone company phoneiscash.com. After following all instructions and receiving emails informing me when I will receive my check, I stopped contacting them and patiently waited. Time passed and i started to become concerned. I began contacting the company and wasn't getting any response. This company has assured me on several occasions already that the check for my samsung m620 phone was probably lost in the mail. Then i was assured that there were high call volumes and it would be sent out as soon as possible and this was in November. I have yet to receive a check or any type of funds from this company that has already received my end of the bargain.

• Gh
      13th of Feb, 2009

This company is a SCAM! I recently sent a high end Motorla PDA phone to them in new condition and this outfit never paid. They operate as a merchant on eBay where they sell off all of the stuff unsuspecting victims sent to them. Sellers of unused equipment are enticed to sell to them as their offering prices are artifically high, such that no one else will those offering prices on used equipment for resale. The catch is they take the phones shipped at seller's expense, then e-mail the seller there are defects with the product. Then they offer to return the equipment for advance payment of a shipping & handling fee. Unclaimed items are then liquidated on eBay to purchasers worldwide. (If you've sent them a product such a cellular device, hopefully you have recorded the Cap Code (electronic serial number) so then you can report the phone you shipped as lost/stolen and the carrier will then cancel!) eBay should shut this operator down, but they don't because they are receiving mostly positive ratings from purchasers and it's a profitable merchant for eBay. RECOMMMENDATION: Always select a purchaser who pays inbound shipping, so in the event you never hear back from them, at least you are not out the shipping cost.

• Gv
      2nd of Mar, 2009
    Phoneiscash.com - Payment never sent - fraud
    phoneiscash.com

I sent my phone to this company. They noted it as received but never sent the money for the phone. I contacted them and they responded that they would process the check within two weeks but never did. At the time I contacted them it was twice the stated 30 business days noted as the turn around upon receipt of the phone.

2nd of Mar, 2009
    Phoneiscash.com - Phoney, minus the phone
    Phoneiscash.com
    phoneiscash.com

I sent in my phone, they took a month to "disqualify" my phone after sending a very vague rejection email. Fine, I asked for the phone back and got this response:

"We will be glad to return the disqualified phone to you. You will be required to pay for return shipping and handling associated with the processing of your phone thus far, should you want it back. A handling fee is $10.00. Shipping is $4.00 for the first unit of cell phone and $2.50 for each additional unit. Return fee must paid within 10 business days. If return fee is not paid after 10 business days, PhoneisCash.com will dispose/recycle all disqualified handset."

Great. So I get to pay you a hefty "processing/handling" fee of $10 to get my phone back. I can understand paying for shipping, but that is crap.