Phone service / didn't want it

Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 841-4614

I was reviewing website my nephew put together and was invited to take a quiz. As I waited forthe results I was asked for information and had to repeatedly refuse offers. Today in my spam/scam folder I found an email telling me that I had signed up for phone service which would be billed to my home phone (not in my name) and that $16.88 would be added to my bill each month. I have not yet been able to contact anyone in that company to stop this charge.
Ei

Comments

Ro
  5th of Nov, 2008
I got a similar email today, however, I immediately replied with a cancel message and then the next business day called my local telephone company and had a free block put on my account to prevent any outside charges from being added to my account and verified thru a 3rd party verifier that I want only them to be my local, regional, and international long distance carrier. I will continue to deal with this company as I did not sign up for the offer...but at least I hopefully...know that my bill is protected.
Da
  26th of Oct, 2009
I got this same "Confirmation Email". I called their costomer service to cancel: Customer Service # (800) 841-4614

I will be watching to see if any charge is billed to me. The costumer service rep seemed to know all to well that I never signed up, and said that I had entered my information on my computer somewhere.
Ti
  10th of Nov, 2010
I received an email today thanking me for my order. They had all my information, but it was my dad's address and telephone number. I know for a fact that I didn't sign up for that, since I don't use that address or phone number for anything. I called to cancel and they gave me a confirmation number and assured me that I (or actually my dad) would not be billed. I told my dad to call his phone company as well. I don't know how they got my information.