Phoenix Vacations / They have taken my money

I attended a presentation with my wife and we were talked into buying a product against our better judgement. We purchased a product from a guy named Adam who changed the purchase price on us 3 times before we said yes. After saying yes he told us he could do in house financing and we would pay 0% interest and our payments would be about $80 per month. My wife and I decided to do it and then felt like we were duped the prices quoted to us in the presentation were nothing like the prices that we got over the phone, it took 2 days to get an answer back and on top of that I found the exact same trip at a lower price on priceline.com. We called to complain only to find out that they wouldn't give us our money back and said we were past our 3 days of giving back the product and the $80 monthly payment came out to $143.90 not exactly the truth. We have been duped if you hear from anyone about this company please warn them. We are going to out attorney to see if he can help us. This seems like unfair business practices that need to be stopped.

Va
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Br
      15th of Jun, 2008

Sorry man. You got scammed by "Phoenix Vacations", but you are not alone. The got me too. There is a service there, but it is not of much value and the free vacations they promise to get you to sign up are straight lies. Loaded with restrictions even though they bold face lie and tell you they are not.

The freebies offered through "Leisure Time Travel" are a joke as well.

Good presentation though. Congrats to the deceivers. They keep me humble.

I heard that if you did financing that they will ruin your credit trying to get the money out of you. Let me know if you are working with an attorney. I'll pitch in if there is any chance to get my money back.

Feel free to call if you find a way to get your money back. I'm not getting the vibe that its going to happen through conventional methods or good will to the consumer anytime soon.
    Brian
    713.542.7355

• Mi
      8th of Aug, 2008

They are now running this scheme in One Galleria Tower, Suite#1850 as Royal Palms Travel. That's where the same crew as the old Phoenix Vacations got me (did a Texas business search and they are both managed by the same guy named Adrian Miller is how I know they are one and the same group). I am fighting to get my $6539 back. I am within the 3-day window but we all know they will claim they are entitled to the 15% "restocking fee" and $399 "processing fee" which comes to about $1300 for me. I agree they need to be stopped. We need to all pull together and do what we can to shut these guys down!

Another older name they have used to pull this scheme here in TX was Beechcomber Vacations. They let that company fold by not paying taxes to maintain the name. It had started getting many complaints anyway. The new SeaLand Travel membership is also a new name for the old Castaways Vacation Club that they used to use. I see evidence that these same people had been pulling this off in other states. Texas appears to be their latest exploit.

I am trying get the word out on the internet so that anyone who looks in Royal Palms Travel (or Royal Palm Travel which they also use) will be warned. Hope this helps and good luck to us all!

Mike in Grand Prairie, TX

• Mi
      8th of Aug, 2008

Count me into the suit too if you see one get started. I was taken by these same guys operating in One Galleria Tower, Suite #1850 in Dallas under the name of Royal Palm(s) Travel. I am fighting to get $6593 back. If I get a refund I am sure they will keep $1300 from me for the "processing" and "restocking" fee.

Mike in Grand Prairie, TX

• Va
      22nd of Jul, 2008
    Phoenix Vacations - Scam
    tripadvisor.com

I responded to an advertisement for Phoenix Travel Club for a visit at the Galery in Dallas. Their presentation seemed very good and the savings appeared to be worth the investment. I paid the money and later determined that the savings were not significant on the Phoenix website. I requested via certified mail that they refund my money but Phoenix kept the 15% and the 299 fee. So I am out 600 dollars. I am in the process of filing letters with the Attorneys General of Texas and Indiana. I would be interested in a class action suit if that is being created.

• Ji
      21st of Aug, 2009
    Phoenix Vacations - Scammers
    Phoenix Vacations

We too were scammed by Going Places Travel. Phoenix Vacations, Inc. of Jeffersonville IN is not incorporated by the state of Indiana, and the address given does not exist. We were told by the state of IN to file a complaint with them. Correspondence we have received from Phoenix Vacations is postmarked from Illinois. Most of the information in the presentation we attended at Going Places Travel was false. We have been trying to get a credit to our charge account, but Perry Ruiz of Going Places Travel will not comply. Do a search on Mr. Ruiz, he has close to 30 different addresses, a number of circuit court cases plus other questionable activities. We have contacted the Better Business Bureau, disputed this with our credit card company (called within 2 hours of signing the contract)and filed a complaint with the consumer protection division of the State of WI. Since we signed a non-refundable contract (even though it was based on fraudulent information) no one seems able to help us. The complaint case worker for WI has over 30 complaints against them and has forwarded information to state attorneys, but nothing has been done. Our next steps are contacting an attorney, the small claims court, and investigation by a local TV station.

• Fl
      14th of Dec, 2009
    Phoenix Vacations - Terrible company
    Phoenix Vacations

I attended a seminar type presentation in Brookfield, WI at a small business called Going Places Travel in which I was to receive a FREE gift. I signed up to become a member to Phoenix Vacations and when I went home and visited their site it showed Castaways on the tab. Castaways Vacation Club has many terrible complaints and reviews. When I confronted Going Places Travel they stated that they used to be a distributor for Castaways Vacation Club and now are a distributor for Phoenix Vacations. However, I went to Phoenix Vacations web site before they changed it and the tab stated Castaways. The web site has now been cleared of any association with Castaways. It is one and the same and with the number of complaints Castaways has it can be seen why they changed their vacation club to Phoenix Vacations. When you buy a Phoenix Vacations travel membership you really are working with the same people under Castaways Vacation Club and their owner Bill Bailey. Do a google search under Castaways Vacation Club and you will see why they changed their name and are operating under Phoenix Vacations now.

• Ki
      1st of Jul, 2010
    Phoenix Vacations - I think we may have been scammed by Phoenix Vacations through Going Places Travel last week in Wisconsin
    Phoenix Vacations

I think we may have been scammed by Phoenix Vacations through Going Places Travel last week in Wisconsin. I called the Better Business Bureau after reading lots of negative posts on the Internet. The presenters told us they were members of the Better Business Burea, which is correct but they have lots of issues against them. Does anyone have any idea how to get your money back or stop these scammers? I'm told in the business world there is a formula of how many times one has to hear a "no" before someone purchases. If this is a scam it sounds like they are already being successful. I applaud everyone as consumers for posting; unfortunately, we had no idea who the company was so we couldn't check them out as we were notified through a marketing firm. What are our legal rights?