Phoenix University / Awful experience

Signing up for Axia College was a good idea for me, being in my situation- not being in school for a while and working, and I suppose I was satisfied with the classes. However, the counselor who encouraged me to join, Whom I'm convinced was doing more than just signing interested people up, in fact, never told me that they would be taking loans from Sallie Mae under my name if the money from FAFSA wouldn't arrive on time. I was told and convinced from the beginning that I would be able to attend completely free of charge with aid from my PELL Grant, instead I'm being charged a little over 10, 000 dollars in loans that I was supposed to arrange repayment with my grants because of these awkward due date times, and all for 24 units.

I called to confront, they said they had informed me, but being the person I am and being in the rough situations I've been in- I would remember someone telling me they were going to take loans out under my name. Consent with E-signature downside and poor guidance on their part.

Er

Comments

• El
      27th of Jul, 2008
    Phoenix University - bad ethics
    Phoenix University
    Washington

Salesman would'nt stop calling me. What institute of education uses sales tactics? When he could'nt hook me they sold my email address out to every 2-bit on-line school in the world. I still get spammed constantly. Phoenix wanted $18, 000 for a 2-bit IT diploma? What a crooked outfit.

• Ar
      21st of May, 2009

"University of Phoenix" is ripping off, scamming, lying to and cheating people. They have ripped my daughter off and they almost got me.

There are many complaints, even by the ex-employees. Now I'm sure that there are many students or ex-students that are doing or did just fine with University of Phoenix, or didn't pay attention to their scam, but there millions of others that did get ripped off, including my 22yr old, single mother, Daughter.

She was told by the enrollment adviser, that the paper work He WALKED her through was all formality; even when they go to the "loan" part. She told him, she did not want a loan and if she had to get a loan, she didn't want to pursue with them, He continued to tell her, to not worry about it, it's only if she decided to get a loan. He "assured" her it was not a loan...So "SHE SIGNED" Even after she read everything. She put her trust in this University of Phoenix employess that he knew more than her, this is his job to get her signed up and he did exactly that, but only lied in the process.

When she would get statements in the mail from Wachovia about a loan, she supposedly had with them. She then called her counselor, who again assured her it was nothing, she did NOT have a loan, she has a FREE Grant and told her also that she was basically being paid to go to school when she received a check in the mail from UOP, that it was just extra money to pay for any school necessities.

So now, almost 2yrs, and just 6months before she graduates, she gets a call from the financing dept about her "LOAN" that she's NOT suppose to have. She told the finance lady that she did not have a loan, and the finance lady, being as nice as she could, told her, that she shows, she does, that she might want to check with her counselor.

At this point, she made several attempt via email and calls, but did not ge a reply for ever a week, and once she did get a reply, it was when she called back and talked to the lady she was suppose to talk to, which told her, that she NEVER received any phone calls or emails.

My Daughter, went down to the school, to financing and the lady, that smiled with a smirky smile and kept telling my daughter, "Well you signed" OMG! I want to F...ing go beat the living H...LL out of the stupid people. She knows that she signed, but the fact is, He, the enrollment counselor, walked her through the paper work and told her to sign, to NOT worry about the loan stuff, it was NOT a loan.

These people need to be stopped. We are in the midst of gettinga a class action suit going, but, We need to get as many people as we can, with a SIMILAR ISSUE, to be a part of this. We are working with Warner Law Office, Patrick Warner 614-226-4077 www.pwarnerlaw.com

If there is anyone else that this, similar situation happened to them, please contact me and or Patrick.

This can't keep happening to people who are just trying to better their career, and make a good life for themselves.

SheilaOnTheWeb
    rippedoffbyuop@gmail.com

• Lo
      28th of May, 2009

Blah, Blah, Blah. Ignorance, ignorance, ignorance. Thats what I and any educated, inteligent person just read. Accountability- an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions.