Phoenix Travel, Star Vacations / Scam-Unwanted telephone calls

IL, United States Review updated:
8-27-08 - Rock Island, Illinois - Received a call today from [protected] (Caller ID had no name, just Texas), a female was asking for my boss and could not pronounce his name, nor speak English very well. She then wanted to speak to the individual "handling our Mastercard or Visa Merchant accounts" When I questioned who she was & what company she was from, there was silence followed by hearing her talk to a man (also with a thick accent) asking him what to say. I simply hung up. Bad vibes from this one...sounds like attempts at scams. I see that the number has been complained about widely, & they also use the names "Phoenix Travel", "Star Travel" & "Royal Palm Travel."

Comments

Ba
  27th of Aug, 2008
8-27-08 - Rock Island, Illinois - Received a call today from 936-856-8639 (Caller ID had no name, just Texas), a female was asking for my boss and could not pronounce his name, nor speak English very well. She then wanted to speak to the individual "handling our Mastercard or Visa Merchant accounts" When I questioned who she was & what company she was from, there was silence followed by hearing her talk to a man (also with a thick accent) asking him what to say. I simply hung up. Bad vibes from this one...sounds like attempts at scams. I see that the number has been complained about widely, & they also use the names "Phoenix Travel", "Star Travel" & "Royal Palm Travel."