Phlebotomy Plus of Walnut Creek / Bad School

1 MaiWalnut Creek, CA, United States Review updated:

THis School will take your money, push you threw the program too fast and let you go with the promise of a job. There are NO PHLEBOTOMY JOBS I have been looking everyday for a year. And I have a Medical Background.

Ja

Comments

De
  19th of May, 2009

Myself and some more ladys went to the Phlebotomy Plus in Tualatin Oregon. We had to go to Natalie and Fran's house to retreive our certificates. Some of us did get our NCCT certification completed. But we NEVER GOT OUR EXTERNSHIPS OR THE RESUMES THEY HAD LISTED IN THEIR CONTRACT. I myself contacted them about my externship and they told me I had to go to Walnut Creek, California to get it done. Even though I am in southern California right now . I can not afford to spend the money for a motel room for 2 weeks. No need for any of this . They wanted me to contact labs in the hospitals down here. I do believe that they should co-operate and they find me an externship in San Diego County. THEY ARE THE ONES THAT ARE BREACH OF THE CONTRACT.
Oh yeah they were dismanteling the class room when we went back 3 days later to take our NCCT test. They never mentioned anything about shutting the school down to us. They only said that they were going to start a school up in Florida.
There is no deflimation of character going on here. THEY TOOK OUR MONEY AND DIDN'T HOLD TO THEIR CONTRACT. I am going to ask for my externship again, money back or take LEGAL action .
The money they took from me was just like someone robbed me. I thought I was paying for an education in the medical field but looks like I got screwed. So now I have to go to another school ( which I don't have the cash to do that ) or force them to externship me.

Ro
  30th of Jul, 2009

Phlebotomy Plus of Walnut creek is an amazing school! They worked with me thru 2 major medical problems and were wonderful! I was able to get in externship literally 2 days after I had requested it. For the previous students that are conplaining about Phlebotomy Plus- it just sounds like you were bad students and didn't have your ### together. Again, maybe if you had applied yourself more, they would have been more willing to help you out.

19th of Aug, 2009

Phlebotomy Plus of Walnut Creek, CA is a great school! I loved the teachers and TA that helped me through the program. I went to school for the month of June and did my externship a week later at the VA clinic, Mare Island CA. I had an amazing experience working at the clinic and learned how to run a successful lab. I am also a full time student at Cal Poly, SLO and was able to get a job at the health center to use my skill as a phlebotomist starting this fall! I feel fully confident that my training at Phlebotomy Plus has prepared me to work at any clinic or hospital!

Su
  30th of Oct, 2009

If you want an education on how to get cheated of your $2500 plus---take the course here. The program sets you up to fail --then you end having to re-take classes, make-up exams, extend your lab-time, which costs you lots of extra $$$$. DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!FIND A BETTER SCHOOL WITH A LONGER PROGRAM, INSTRUCTORS THAT TREAT YOU LIKE A HUMAN BEING, SPEND QUALITY WITH YOU TEACHING YOU THIS SKILL, AND DON'T GOUGE YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!!! THE INTEGRITY AND PROFESSIONALISM OF THIS SCHOOL IS NON-EXISTANT---IT"S ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$

24th of May, 2010

READ the BAD REVIEWS~ALL TRUE~I just finished the course and have to go back to test but I am sure they will make sure I fail it so I have to retake the course and pay $600 more money. You pay $2600 to be verbally abused, and you have to bite your tongue otherwise they will fail you so you have to retake or delay externship. All they care about is your money and they love having their power trips. I wish I would of paid attention to the bad reviews, if you are someone looking at this school. I am forewarning you! I am so looking into legal action. This treatment is so not okay!!!

Na
  6th of Jul, 2010

As a former student I have nothing to say bad about Phlebotomy Plus of Walnut Creek. I had to sign papers on the very first day of school outlining my academic responsibilities and what was required of me. If you had to pay $600 to return to the program this only means that you did not even receive a 60% in the academic portion of the program. I know because when I saw your complaint I dug out my copies of what I signed and it clearly appears that you failed the program. But, you also failed to mention this in your complaint. It is so much easier to be a victim instead of accepting responsibility on what you may have done or not done. You must have forgot that this is adult vocational education not elementary school. The student does need to be pro-active in their own education. I know the students' that put in the work and study time did well, and went on to succeed. Those that did not failed. People think that just because you pay for education automatically means you get a Certification. This is the medical field and I am glad that Phlebotomy Plus has such high standards and that certification can't be bought. You have to work for it.