Phillips LCD TV / Scam and cheating!
On Saturday, 11/17, I noticed a 42" Phillips Magnavox LCD TV for sale for a very low price. I thought it was a mistake, so I refreshed screen a few times, it didn't change. I left BJs website, and came back again, and still, it didn't change. I spent about 20 minutes or so to research the TV online, as I wasn't sure if it was a defective product, refurbished, a loss leader, clearance item, or whatever. Went back to BJs.com, saw price was still the same. I first had to renew my membership, which I did specifically for this purchase, at a cost of $65. I then ordered 2 TVs. The transaction was completed, my credit card charged, and a confirmation sent via email. Hrs later, BJs sent me a cancellation, and said they were giving me my money back for the TVs, like that was a great sacrifice for them.
Ive communicated with 2 BJs employees. One claimed it was a typo, even though there were several hundred characters on the page. When I called, they blamed it on Phillips, who, they said, has access to their website to display products for sale. They advertised a product at a specific price, I agreed to that price, entered card info, they charged card, and sent me a confirmation. Guess they sold too many of these, or something, and now want to try to run n hide and not honor their word.
Buyer beware, boycott BJs.
More Phillips LCD TV Complaints & Reviews
- Philips / Magnavox LCD TV - WARNING: Do not buy a Philips/Magnavox product! 
- Philips Ambilight 42& LCD TV - Amblight problems 
- Philips (Hong Kong), Induction cooker - HD4917 - Terrible customer service, Strongly complaints from Philips Hong Kong customer 
- Philips India Ltd - Not repairing TV - worst service! 
- Philips LCD Flat Screen TV - Beware of the Philips brand LCD Flat screen HD televisions! 
- Philips International - fc9532/09 vacuum cleaner
- Philips Smart TV 43 Inch - netflix app not available in spite of confirmation by sales agent that it is netflix able
- Philips International B.V. - iron
- Phillips 66 - Problems with gas lever causing gas spilling
- Philips Electronics - Philips electronics 55 inch smart tv from walmart black friday 2016