Phillips LCD TV / Scam and cheating!

Downingtown, PA, United States Review updated:
On Saturday, 11/17, I noticed a 42" Phillips Magnavox LCD TV for sale for a very low price. I thought it was a mistake, so I refreshed screen a few times, it didn't change. I left BJs website, and came back again, and still, it didn't change. I spent about 20 minutes or so to research the TV online, as I wasn't sure if it was a defective product, refurbished, a loss leader, clearance item, or whatever. Went back to BJs.com, saw price was still the same. I first had to renew my membership, which I did specifically for this purchase, at a cost of $65. I then ordered 2 TVs. The transaction was completed, my credit card charged, and a confirmation sent via email. Hrs later, BJs sent me a cancellation, and said they were giving me my money back for the TVs, like that was a great sacrifice for them.

Ive communicated with 2 BJs employees. One claimed it was a typo, even though there were several hundred characters on the page. When I called, they blamed it on Phillips, who, they said, has access to their website to display products for sale. They advertised a product at a specific price, I agreed to that price, entered card info, they charged card, and sent me a confirmation. Guess they sold too many of these, or something, and now want to try to run n hide and not honor their word.

Buyer beware, boycott BJs.
Jc

Comments

Ja
  26th of Dec, 2009

Phillips LCD TV - doesnt match specifications
United Kingdom

Basically, if you want a good TV, dont buy a phillips one. I always had in mind that phillips and panasonic were the best TV makers, but obviously not. It started when i first started up a new TV, i noticed the image was pixelated while on it was going through the freeview digital receiver box (pixels about 0.7cm). I needed to use a freeview box as you may already now know, most of the UK has had a digital switch over in which the analogue frequency is no longer up and running. I thought that phillips with such a good name, would have made good electrical products.
i changed my freeview box to a different one to see if that was the problem. i soon remembered i had one sent with the TV. It said on the internet that the TV came with freeview, implying that it was built in, ofcourse, it came as a separate box. This by the way didnt work, and another phillips one that i recently left in a box due to buying a new TV with freeview built in, this phillips box didnt work either.
I went to buy a new one over a year later as the picture only got worse and was told at Currys that they no longer sell Phillips as they have had too many recalls due to the specifications being wrong. So my TV wasnt the top of the range like it had said. Basically dont trust Phillips in getting good quality products, i guess they went to the cheap option in manufacturing their products. Just had a samsung TV for xmas. Cant fault it- its great!
El
  25th of Mar, 2011

Phillips LCD TV - refund
Phillips

In June 2010 our 6 month old PHILLIPS TV failed and was still under warranty. We received a refurbished replacement and but it failed a couple of months later. The company agree to refund our money but call after call all I ever get is "the check is being processed and will take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive". It has been almost 6 months and numerous calls and today again they told me "the check is being processed and will take 4 to 6 weeks". Not only do they have a very poor product, they have customer NO service to match. DO NOT BUY A PHILLIPS TV!!!

Philips International Logo Philips International