Philips India Ltd / Not repairing TV - worst service!

1 India Review updated:

I have bought a 21 inch tv from Harshita Electronics, shalimar garden, ext.-2, ghaziabad (mr.gurcharan singh-[protected], [protected]) on 12th march 2006, after 5 months it stopped performing and the service center people repaired, but after that till the date it failed to performed well and for almost 5 times it became dead. and the most important thing is that they are responding very very very lately, but don't repair my tv fully. Once upon a time i was a loyal consumer of this company. But now i am getting frustrated about this. The serial no. of my tv is [protected]. And lastly i complained them about the dead performance of my tv on 22nd of November but till date they have not done the job properly. And there have two concern person one is mukesh agarwal (contact no.- 0120-2855304and other is mr.deepak (contact no.-[protected]). Do not buy Philips products!

Comments

• Ns
      3rd of Sep, 2007

I working in BARC, Mysore. I bought Philips 29" TV, SL No.IC01 0437 017037 with full confidence on Philips make. But after one year regularly Power supply component getting burnt off.

11th of Sep, 2007

Philips is really sad in rendering service. They have publicized their contact center no. in India for all service requests. However inspite of registering complaint twice about a problem with Philips TV, we could not get any service engineer to visit us. I wonder how this process works. If their 'authorized' service agents are either not connected and made accountable for service request closures.. OR they dont have a robust system of transferring requests to location specific authorized service agents and monitoring the progress.

In any case, its been a frustrating experience to get some service done by Philips on their won products.

Regards
    Anupam

• Al
      2nd of Oct, 2007

DO YOU THINK PHILIPS CARE A DAMN ABOUT CUTOMER COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEIR SHODDY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ?

19th of Oct, 2007

Don't know what's going wrong with PHILIPS - I used to love this brand at one time - my LCD 32" - Walkman - Music System and my latest 5.1 DivX Home Theater System all are PHILIPS...

But this time - when I opened the HTS I was going to have a shock! The woofer malfunctioned from the start, and guess what the Philips Customer (Non) Care - hasn't bother to do anything about it - even after repeated complains - finally the solution after a couple of weeks is - go to the place I've purchased it from (which turns out to be 20Km from my place) and exchange the woofer...

Guess this is what is called ### service...

• Ke
      5th of Nov, 2007

Your service people do not respond quickly even after number of calls. I think the company has no control over the service people.

• Kr
      6th of Nov, 2007

Very bad to see these type of complaints. Once upon a time Philips was the most trust able brand. The name was enough... but sorry.
    what happened to Philips. I think Philips is manufacturing products just to cover the warranty period, and talking about DVD players, its quality is worse than local product.

Sorry to say but...

3rd of Dec, 2007

Service in India is an exception, no service is the rule. How much ever you complain, none of these companies are going to be bothered.

• Ta
      19th of Jan, 2008

About 3 months before I approached to Philips service centre,-GalaxyElectronicsB-1,Kailash Building,nearH.D.F.C at Ghatkopar,Mumbai for the problem of my mobile(model-fisio 822),-charger end was not being properly placed within socket.Technician there after checking told me,- problem of socket only which to replace would cost around Rs.6500/-.Hearing high price I didn't repair and went on applying efforts using it some how but last month being unable to pull on more ,again met the same service centre(inspite local technicians all told me,-problem of charger only,socket okay)with a view to repair from authentic place.I requested to replace charger which was told would cost aroundRs.450/- but no guarantee as they remember well ,-problem of socket only(Inspite requested , man was not willing to recheck).Being in doubt I came out without repairing there and purchased from a reputed electronic shop on the very day,- charger of Philips at Rs.100/- only. and tested absolutely okay.Became happy too much as I could save big amount of money & not being fallen in the trap of the man of your so called authentic place.
    It is my request to investigate their dubious dealings with customers(as I found mostly are complaing about the ill treatment they are faced)and take necessary actions to stop damaging reputation of my favourite Philips products by attempting to cheat like my case.I would like to have positive feed back of steps taken to get rid of such stupidity within your organisation atleast and better to reward me for focussing the hidden odd functioning.
    Thanks.

• Vr
      10th of Mar, 2008

Dear Sir,
    I lodged my MCV250/21M LM100442003430 Philips micro system with the complaint of tape not working and skipping of mp3 data cd's on 29th of Sept 2007 with Data Vision,15/239[5]Lakshmi gardens,CBE Road,Matha Kovil street,Palakkad 678001.
    I enquired many times at the Centre, also sent e-mails lodged complaint with Philips India many times.In the meantime they have received a photo diode which is not suitable to the set and again received an ic which is also not compatible with the set.
    If this is the case with a "Philips" product,which I and U admire,what to say about other products !!!The System is going to celebrate its 180 days in the "Custody" of an Authorised Service Centre!

Ramadas.V.Anubhoothi,Pulingoottathara, Kollengode,Palakkad,Kerala
    Ph:04923-264163,mob:9446530095: Mob:9495659452

• Pr
      7th of Apr, 2008

Water Purifier Not Working Properly - I purchased Philips Water Purfier 4 months back and I am facing the music - that too in peak summer when we need it the most. When lodged a complaint Philips technical person was here to test and they say it is working fine. They do not have any equipment to test the water before it is filtered and after filtering. In this regard I want to approach a 3rd party LAB which can do this - test the water for me. I ask them to suggest a LAB that PHILIPS believes is GENUINE. I might be wrong in my analysis that the purifier is not working properly - but if I get it tested by a LAB I can be happy that my KID is drinking pure water. I left behind 12 year experienced water purifying system (Aqua Guard) and went for this brand and I don't like to be treated as innocent. Philips spends crores on advertising this product but does not have a testing equipment to satisfy the customer. Also the customer care people are pathetic in their service. When lodged a complain on PHILIPS INDIA website we get an automated reply that someone will call in 24 hrs and NONE have called even after ONE WEEK.

• Ab
      13th of Apr, 2008

respected sir,
    actually i win price from the mobile store(ghaziabad)
    its a provision of essar company when purchasing mobiles.now ther is problem in my multimedia speaker system. so i want to repair it in ghaziabad service cenyre.

i, highly obluized to u,
    thanks

• Um
      16th of Apr, 2008

sir, i gave a mcd288 for a simple repair of disc ejection problem at Auth. Philips service centre (phone 0422 2246869) on 7-4-08.. ( wo no.368); but they dont reply or explain why so much delay.. when ever i ask they say we are working at it is the ready made answer..pl instruct them to explain why delay or rectify this quickly.. Dr.K.Umakanthan, Prof. of medicine, CMC Coimbatore

• Pa
      16th of May, 2008

Hi, Philips is spoiling its brand image by not providing proper after sales service. I bought a philips Plasma television set and have some problems with this. I have complaint several times on the callcentre number and than to the Jaipur ( local ) service center. After several reminders one day a mechanic came to check it up, but didnt had any trace of the solution to this problem and went out telling that he will come back with some guy. He never returned . After that I have called them several times but nobody cares. I dont know whom to call and whom to contacct. In my opinion buying philips product is trapping ownself.

• Ra
      2nd of Jun, 2008

I HAVE BOUGHT THIZ NEW DVD PLAYER WALL MOUNTED FEW MONTHS AGO.. AND AFTER 4, 5 MONTHS IT STARTED GIVIN PROBLEM.. I HAVE CONTACTED SERVICE CENTER( M/S AVIAN ELECTRONICS 22/8 SHAKTI NAGAR D-19 )AND THEY HAVE TAKEN MYWHOLE PIECE ON 2/MAY/2008 FOR REPAIR AS ITS STILL UNDER WARRENTY.. THEY PROMISED ME TO DELIVER IT ON 3/MAY/2008 ..BUT TILL TODAY 2/JUNE/2008 I HGAVE NOT GOT MY PIECE.. EVERYTIME WE CALL THEM THEY SAY THAT THEY WILL REPLACE THE PIECE .. BUT TILL NOW WE HAVE NOT GOT OUR PIECE BACK.. MY COUTMER ID IS 99998000060442 AND MY PROD REG ID : 99998000068911 .. WORK ORDER NO. 999989999965395... SR NO: AJ020718015761..I DONT KNOW WAT TO DO NOW??? ITS REALLY TRAPPING URSELF BUYING PHILIPS... I M REALLY ANNOYED WITH THERE SERVICE'S... PLZ DONT BUY PHILIPS PRODUCT S

• Cs
      2nd of Jun, 2008

dear sir,
    I had purchased 26"LCD TA2800/98 and suddenly it is getting sort of patches in the colour during viewing the tv. I have installed tata sky for digital viewing of tv channel. This I have complained to the technocafre service centre in rajajiagar philips serv ice centre. complaint no83512. First once techi came and ageeed after viewing for one hour. He said it should be taken to service centre and checked and after a week another techi Mr. Vijaykumar came and saw and said there is some problem may be software to be upgraded and said he will send the service van to collect and there is no response even after a week. Calling the service centre has gone to deaf ears. I never expected such poor servic e and quality TV from phlips. Previously I hadother phlips tv it was working fine, I thought of buing LCD for better picture quality and I feel now I been taken for ride. Has philips is going down with the quality and service?.Any how I have to wait and see what will be my LCD tv fate at the mercy of philips service centre. I feel I have taken for ride by philips name only.

• Ra
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Can anyone please give me the details of Philips Compalint's Department :

Contact Person:
    Mial id :
    Contact Number :

I am really very upset with the Philips Service,
    Hope anyone from Philips replies to my request.

Regards,
    Ravi

• Pr
      2nd of Sep, 2008

Hi,

Can I get the contact phone number of the Philips Service in India? I am based in chennai, India

• Ar
      20th of Sep, 2008

I bought a 29" Philips color TV which stopped performing after a year I could not find any authorized Philips service center in Ghaziabad. I trusted the brand blindly but now I feel I made a blunder.I advise each one of you not to buy any Philips product.
    Regards,

Arvind Sharma

• Vv
      10th of Oct, 2008

I totally agree with the facts disclosed herein with regard to worst service of philips since I am also one of

the victims for having purchased vcd mp 3 player for Rs.18000/- and it just worked for 2 months. Later

on, I paid Rs.1000/- towards AMC for 2 years but the repair has not been done properly and the set is

still with the same problems. I got a doubt as to why the consumer forums are not initiating any action

despite several complaints are being lodged against the bloody philips company.

24th of Oct, 2008

I handed over one steam iron of Philips make to M/S Global Electronics, No.28, Shanmugam Road, West Tambaram, Chennai-45 on 2nd September 2008 for replacement of coil. Though 50 days passed I could not get a positive reply from them about repairs. So far I made more than 15 calls to them and all are waste.Sometimes they are telling that it will be ready in two days and after two days they are telling that the spare is yet to come. In this modern era spares can be received through courier in two days time. Really Philips service is the worst.