Philips Home Theater HTS4750/98 / Service not available at Authorized Service center
I had approached Philips Authorized Service Center for the first time with a problem i.e. CD/DVD was getting stuck in the tray. They returned the system with nominal charges saying the same is rectified.
However, with in very short time from the date of receipt from the Philips Authorized Service Center, we faced the same problem. This time, the problem was on & off i.e. some time it was getting stuck and some time working ok. We observed the DVD system for quite some time and on confirming the problem, we handed over the system for the SECOND TIME to same Philips Authorized Center. This time, they advised us to change some component and charged us for the same.
This time as well, with is very short period from the date of receipt for the second time from the Philips Authorized Service Center, we not only faced the same problem but also few additional problems i.e. CD/DVD getting stuck, Tray Eject problem and Source not functioning. This is the THIRD TIME we handed over the system to same Philips Authorized Service Center i.e. on 28/01/2010. Today is 06/03/2010, we neither have the information on what is the problem nor do we have a resolution for the same. During this period, we have called them many times to know the status (my cell phone bill is the proof to say how many times I have called this Philips Authorized Service Center) and the response that I get from a lady who answers the phone is "we will get back to you in couple of days time &/or our service engineer shall call you" However, no call to let us know what the issue is.
Today i.e. 06/03/2010 I called the Philips Authorized Service Center to find out the status. They informed me that they are waiting for Philips India's response, as they have escalated the topic to them for resolution. And also, they informed me that I might have to shell down Rs.3000/- to Rs.4000/- in case if the resolution has to be reached. This is simply disgusting!
WHO IN PHILIPS INDIA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS CUSTOMERS AGONY, DISGUST AND HARASSMENT
HOW COME Philips Authorized Service Center ARE NOT ABLE TO RESOLVE PROBLEM EVEN AFTER 30 TO 40 DAYS
HOW COME IT HAS TAKEN 30 TO 40 DAYS TO EVEN INFORM US OF THE SITUATION
HOW TO ASCERTAIN THAT Philips Authorized Service Center HAS NOT MEDDLED WITH THE SYSTEM WHICH HAS LEAD TO REPAIR COST OF Rs.3000/- to Rs.4000/-
IS THERE SOME ONE IN PHILIPS INDIA WHO IS RESPONSIBLE AND ACCOUNTABLE FOR THESE KIND OF CUSTOM ER HARASSMENT?
More Philips Home Theater HTS4750/98 Complaints & Reviews
- Philips / Magnavox LCD TV - WARNING: Do not buy a Philips/Magnavox product! 
- Philips Ambilight 42& LCD TV - Amblight problems 
- Philips (Hong Kong), Induction cooker - HD4917 - Terrible customer service, Strongly complaints from Philips Hong Kong customer 
- Philips India Ltd - Not repairing TV - worst service! 
- Philips LCD Flat Screen TV - Beware of the Philips brand LCD Flat screen HD televisions! 
- Philips International - smart tv 
- Philips International - fc9532/09 vacuum cleaner
- Philips Smart TV 43 Inch - netflix app not available in spite of confirmation by sales agent that it is netflix able
- Philips International B.V. - iron
- Phillips 66 - Problems with gas lever causing gas spilling