philips 21pt2304 / sound problem

India Review updated:
I've bought a philips 21 inch tv last year since from then i have a problem that is when i switch on the tv it starts normally but after 1 minute the sound suddenly stops,then if i leave the tv idle for about 1 minute or if i change the channel sound restarts with a full volume if i decrease the sound by 1 level then sound returns to normal position.the remedy i'm using is mute the sound then chamge the channel decrease the sound and then increase it.
I've complained on this problem to my dealer within warranty but he said that the chip is not available with him and he did'nt did anything
inspite of this problem i've found that the sound depth & clarity is outstanding when compared to other 21 inch models .especially the bass output is good without a woofer
Av

Comments

Te
  30th of Nov, 2007
You're asking the wrong person. Have you contacted the manufacturer Philips? It is usually the manufacturer, not the dealer, that fixes these problems. I know from firsthand experience. I purchased a brand new HDTV that kept popping up a message every 30 minutes or so about video connections changing. I called the manufacturer directly. They knew exactly what the problem was, sent repair people to my house to pick up the TV, took it for a few days to repair it, and returned it safe and sound. Never a problem since. A bit frustrating at the time, but no complaints whatsoever about the professional repair service I received. Anyway, call Philips. Their phone number should be in the owner's manual.

Philips International Logo Philips International