Philippine Airlines / missing luggage

1 Manila, Philippines Review updated:

Please #share this post in your wall. Thanks. I will not stop until I found my missing Luggage. This experience is now bringing me down and which now I'm suffering from bad depression.

I'm desperately need help and hoping https://www.facebook.com/flyPAL/ resolved this matter for me as soon as possible. It's been 16 days went missing.

My name is Rose Eden Battistello. I been using PAL for over 32 years now flying back and forth, Philippines and Australia.

My last flight with PAL was last March 24, 2017 from Bacolod-Silay Airport International Airport at 3:15pm and connecting flight from Manila to Brisbane Australia. During check-in Bacolod Airport I have given 2 boarding Pass with my Baggage Tag Number sticker stick to my Manila Brisbane Boarding pass and I saw the Customer service woman stick another tag in my Check-in Suitcase.

25th of March, the next day I arrived in Brisbane. I waited for over one hour for my Check-in Luggage but it didn't show up. I reported it right away and Brisbane Baggage Service started looking for it. They call Manila PAL Baggage Tracking Service.

Everyday I call them to follow up if they found my Luggage. They said they are still trying to contact Manila. Few days later they manage to contact Manila and they're been told that they can't find my Luggage because my Baggage Tag number is not registered in their data base. One week later still no information about my missing Luggage.

I started calling Manila PAL Baggage Tracking myself but always no answer. I sent them email twice and again but also no reply. 2 days later finally someone answer my call. I told them about my missing Luggage. I give them my Baggage Tag number and my reference number.

I'm confused! They told me the same they can't find my Baggage Tag number in their Data Base. So they need to coordinate with Bacolod Airport because that's where my Luggage come from. It's been a week since my Luggage went missing and they don't know yet what Bacolod Airport has to say about it? She sounds very not helpful and instead she give me the number to call in Bacolod Airport. Is this how they help the customer? It's their job to look for my Luggage. Right?

Now I call Bacolod Airport and talk directly to the baggage agent. Again I give him my Baggage Tag number and my name. Then few minutes later he told me that my Luggage is in their data base and it's recorded in their data base that my check-in Luggage was loaded in the plane that day with me. I ask him few times; are you sure?? He said yes Ma'am. And he said it's Manila problem now and not us. I hang up and called Manila again. The same girl answer my call and I told her what Bacolod Airport told me. But again she insist that they don't have my Luggage because is not registered in their data base. Then this girl told me at the end she just told me to coordinate with Brisbane Baggage Service for my missing Luggage. I got frustrated and told her: how could you say that that you don't even have a record in your data base that my Luggage has been loaded from Manila to Brisbane?

I hang up and I feel so angry because it looks like I was been pass around and it seems noone bother to help me either Bacolod or Manila to find or look for my missing Luggage. I cried and cried for my frustration.

Back in Brisbane Baggage Service and it's been 15 days since my Luggage went missing. They told me that they were been trying to coordinate Manila everyday but for days now noone answer their calls and they don't even answer their emails. The more I become frustrated. What kind of PAL Baggage Tracking Service is this in Manila if they don't answer calls or reply emails? How I'm supposed to find my missing Luggage if this service doesn't help?

Now the sad part for me is. Brisbane is giving up trying to find my Luggage and advice me to fill up a claim. I said no I refused. I won't give up until PAL FIND MY LUGGAGE AND RETURN IT TO ME. So they advice me to contact PAL in Manila (not the Baggage Tracking Servic) directly and ask for help. They told me to talk to PAL direct even on Facebook and tell them my problem because PAL Baggage Tracking Service are useless. And I find PAL on Facebook and they said they will do their best to help me. I'm so desperate and frustrated. I also now suffering from depression since I lost my Luggage. I feel I'm being ignore how Manila Baggage Service handle my case and also Bacolod Baggage service. I don't know how I can deal with this anymore longer. I don't care about claims. I just want my Luggage to be found and back to me please.

Rose Eden Battistello
Baggage Number PR873557
Ref. No. BNEPR10166

Philippine Airlines

Ro
Apr 11, 2017

Comments

• Ke
      30th of Oct, 2018

Hi Rose, I know this is a year in advance basically but I am currently going through the exact same problem and I am at my 16 day mark at not being able to locate my bag. Please if you can email me at [protected]@hotmail.com and let me know how your experience went and if you got your luggage bag, it would be so extremely helpful in my case at the moment. Thank you so much, I really hope you were able to locate your bag.

- Kennidy Fisher

• Br
      21st of Jan, 2019

I was in the same situation...they lost and delayed my baggage twice. they offer little to no compensation...I am going to try Cathay pacific for future flights. The lace of response from them has forced me to do this.