Philippine Airlines / no refund

1 Philippines Review updated:

To the Philippine Airlines Management,

I am a Mabuhay Miles Elite member ([protected]) and had been flying several times a year from different cities in the Philippines for the last 3 years and presently between Manila and Singapore in your airline.

Getting down to business, it has been more than three months since I filed my request for a refund for a Singapore-Manila ticket which I did not use. I was told then to wait for two months, then three months, for the amount to be credited back into my Master Card, but nothing happened until now.

What's next? Four months? Six months? Or never? Several of your customers have complained in many consumer protection websites like this one: /URL removed/ And I don't want to let this happen to me.

I want my money back, plain and simple. I don't want to wait for a week or a month. I want it now as I have been waiting for it for the past three months. I have incurred charges in my credit card because of this transaction. So please do not delay it further.

To recap, here are the details of my e-ticket:

Electronic Ticket: [protected]

Name of Passenger: OMANIO/GLENN MR

Booking Reference: BGLAD2

Mabuhay Miles No: [protected]

Date of Issue: 01MAR2008

Issuing Office: MNLTM/45

Address: NAIA Terminal II, Pasay City

Please act swiftly on this request.

Va

Comments

• Am
      15th of Aug, 2008

The same has happened with me. However, I have yet to even receive a reply back to my refund request.

My Reservation Number was 3SZUW8, and the Authorization Code is 075419.

Amy Abid

• St
      24th of Mar, 2009

PAL SUCKS!!! They billed me a cancelled flight and worst is they even have requested to pay a cancellation flight so cancellation fee plus flight charge was robbed on me... I wrote a blog to express my anger to them.. check-it out below..

• Ki
      27th of May, 2009

PAL did double charge me for a round trip ticket way back November of last year and up till now I have not received a refund from them.

At first I sent them an email but nobody bothers to response, even an auto-generated email I have receive nothing! so I sent again an email 2 days after my first one and I ask them for a confirmation that they receive my email. tough luck! still no response from them. the third time I sent an email was like a week after I sent my first one. I was so frustrated that my patience was pushed to it's limit and I had to express my anger with them thus making me say bad words and bad mouthing them. But even my email was nicer the first they did not reply so asa pa ako! so it was like a month I still have not heard back from them, I spent 1 day of my rest day to call them and whew! I made contact! I asked them if they receive my email. and yes they did but here's the catch. They said that my email was on "queue" and by which the agent doesn't know how long it will take to process.damn! PAL-PAK nga! just so all you guys know. Up till now I have not received any refund from them. it was 7 months ago and still waiting. was that the kind of after sales service they got? considering that it was not even my fault. if there's anybody there that could help me since this is my hard earned money. and I know anyone could feel the same way. I hope this would not happen to anyone again. asa pa!

• Kc
      8th of Jun, 2009

they're really like that. they don't email back as soon as possible. sometimes, they don't reply AT ALL.

• Ya
      17th of Feb, 2010

So I'm not the only victim here PAL also didn't refund me until now for the flights that I have cancelled dud to some conflicts of the dates. It's exactly 2 months now since they had my money I've re assured that they will return it in 15 days but as I said it's been 2 mos now and still I havnt had an answer from them.

• J6
      16th of Jul, 2011

I am from overseas and had requested a refund for a cancelled side-trip while in Manila. I have since returned to my country of residence, and have not received any reponse from them after repeated e-mails.

PAL has a refund office contact number, where no one answers. They have an e-mail address which no one bothers to reply. I don't understand why they bother put these contact info in their refund request form and web-site when they don't seem to respond to them. For "show "lang kaya, or give the impression that they are a customer "caring" company?

Now I see that I can kiss my refund "good-bye", because if residents of the Philippines are getting ripped-off, how much more for foreigners? My advise - DO NOT FLY Philippine Air Lines!

• Ta
      21st of Nov, 2011

OMG! Same case for me. PAL cancelled my flight without notice! Fortunately, I have heard about they were having strike. I called and asked for help. They asked me to send my request of changing schedule my email, but after I had wasting my time to write them email, they simply suggested me to ask refund, gave me another email address, no bother to forward my request to the refund dept..
    OK, I sent my email again to the refund dept., but the mail kept being rejected. I email to the customer service again to reconfirm the email address they sent to me. They insist it was right. So I kept sending but failed, and I call long distant to ask for help, no one was answering the phone, only voice mail. When I was back to HK, I call again. Finally someone called back and told me the email address given by the customer service was wrong! Therefore I hv to do it again. This time they reply, and gave a refund number.
    Now is over a month since i hv got the refund number. I sent 3 email to ask for progress. However, no one bother to reply me. Is there anyway we can complaint? It is simply a fraud! PAL is stealing my money!

• Am
      14th of Jan, 2012

absolutely correct. They just don't refund the money and neither are they interested in telling you why or when they will refund. All should inform their network of friends and family and colleagues that they should not use phillipine airlines.

• Ba
      14th of Feb, 2012

same here given email address for refund told 15 days 2 months later still no refund have applied through credit card to get money back will keep you posted.David

• Pa
      17th of May, 2012

I agree with you, same here happen to me its almost 2 months but nothing had happened i also used master card and the worst thing is they're telling me that i used cash to pay the ticket, so i had to fight for it because of the bank interest..i've learned my lesson, do not go with pal, because it sucks..

• Ba
      17th of May, 2012

Hi the only way i got my funds was to lodge a claim with my credit card and my money was returned hope this helps.David

• Ac
      23rd of Sep, 2012

Hi, i just wanted to say i agree about the bad service with PAL, i have a CHILDREN'S CHARITY in the Philippines helping feed undernourished and sick children, so i need several flights a year. I have used PAL in the past and they have been nothing but trouble.
    Their automated booking system has messed up several times, i have missed connecting flights because of their mistakes, i have struggled to get money back when they added travel insurance to my bill that i did not want, the staff are not very helpful when you have a complaint, (but when you are "buying" they couldn't be nicer!). I had to book 5 flights with them again this year, i chose my dates, carefully booked the flights, i paid for them, and they were CONFIRMED!!. Now 2 months later, they have changed the time of 2 of my flights ( which was acceptable) but now they have changed a 3rd, by 8 hours on Christmas Eve !! I was due to arrive thee at 7.30am on Christmas Eve and spend all day preparing a party for a 100 children, now they tell me i have to wait at the airport for 8 hours and take a later flight!!! No reasons, no-one to contact, NOTHING!!... PAL i only use you because i have to, other wise i would never use you again and advise everyone else not to use you. ", ...WE-CARE@PAL...is who i have to contact and they take a week to reply to each message, ...you are a waste of time PAL!!

2nd of May, 2015

Well its now 2015, and i have also experienced the same experience of lack of refund, my flight times were altered by PAL so i was given the option to cancel the flight, i cancelled the flight london to manila and was given a reference number and a sum of 443.00 pounds to be refunded within 2 to 4 weeks...we have now reached 8 weeks and there now telling me 2 to 12 weeks for refunds,
    I paid via visa card, so have now informed the fraud department of VISA, they say they will investigate and if found guilty PAL will lose the right to accept credit card payments, as the debt will eventually fall to the card issuers...dont use PAL !

0751 4645643 foriegner in UK will never fly PAL again to visit my wife in the Philippines

• Ti
      13th of Jun, 2018

What are you guys talking about ? PAL is 'world class'...(sarcasm, sarcasm)...

• Fl
      28th of Aug, 2018

I have the same issue... E dedemanda ko ang PAL ... I will make sure that this will be on television... hopefully all of you will testify sa modus nila