Philippine Airlines / double billed me

1 Philippines Review updated:

I am appalled with PAL's customer service (or lack thereof). I purchased online tickets and found on a flight back to Manila that they had no record of my children's tickets (i.e. that I didn't pay their tickets). Of course I had to buy them considering it was Christmas Eve. So where were my confirmation documents? Well, I asked for them several times for at least a month and finally gave up after not receiving any response. I had some faith on their online system so I did not pursue it. After coming back to Canada I finally dug up my VISA receipts and other documentation and have requested a refund. Well, that was March 2. I'm not holding my breath. I'm not sure what my other alternatives are but I might have to eventually report fraud via VISA.

Va

Comments

• Sh
      2nd of Jan, 2009

I WOULD LIKE TO COMPALAINT DURING MY WAY BACK TO BKK...I DON'T LIKE THE WAY THEY ASK ABOUT MY PERSONAL LIFE AT THE CHECK IN COUNTER... I HAVE BEEN TRAVELING FOR ALMOST 30 YEARS, AND ITS MY FIRST TIME TO BE ASKED SOME PERSONAL QUESTIONS WHICH IS NOT THEIR BUSINESS, ONLY THE IMMIGRATION OFFICERS HAS THE RIGHT TO ASKED. (IF IT IS REALLY NECESSARY)

I FEEL BAD FOR OUR COUNTRY, THAT SOME PEOPLE STILL HAVE THAT KIND OF ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE BALIKBAYANS... BALIKBAYANS SHOULD BE TREATED EQUALLY, BECAUSE WE ARE BRINGING SOME BREAD AND BUTTER TO OUR COUNTRY. PLEASE DON'T FORGET YOUR VALUES YOU ARE IN THE PHILIPPINES.

IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO CHANGE FOR THE BETTER, FIRST, THE ATTITUDE TOWARDS YOUR OWN COUNTRYMEN, SECOND, HAVE DICIPLINE IN YOUR LIFE

5th of May, 2009

My complaint is also w/ PAL. I can say that they are PAL-PAK!!!
    I was able to avail of PAL promo last Apr 28, 2009.
    I was able to booked for this sale, unforetunately the PAL is PAL-pak!!!
    I started on-line booking at 9am, & was only able to got the confirmation for about 3pm.But unforetunately the date was moved. Supposedly, the date is Oct 9-12. But it was moved to Oct 11-12!
    I had reported this in the customer service, w/c by the way I was only able to contact only May 1, after 3 days of trying to contact.
    I was advised by the operator that they had receive other complaints like this. I had asked what action is needed for the said complaint. The operator advise me that the Web manager needs to check this one out but for the other complaints, they are saying that it’s impossible that dates will be moved.
    Well, just to point out if it’s impossible to happen how come they do receive complaints?!
    So if someone do experience this situation, I’m begging pls to post a blog also so we can compile the complaints & PAL can take action for this.

• Ti
      15th of May, 2009

how about this for a PAL-pak booking. they merged Air philippines reservation with PAL website. you are not even sure now if your flying PAL or AIR phillipines. to make it worst. A manager of Air Philippines in ILOILO airport who was not even I think educated to handle cases like this. too bad for her in the next two weeks. ., ...

18th of May, 2009

I have had a DOUBLE booking . This sucks! I called their office immediately and they could not answer me because the MANILA offices are to decide this. I am in Cebu and this is a VERY BIG INCONVENIENCE. I responsibly asked for the refund since they double booked me and now, months after the refund application has been sent to my email, it is STILL billed in the card! What are they doing in these offices?
    By the way, the number that they give, 02-556-2809, is not answered! I have been hung up without even being spoken to! This is OUTRAGEOUS! Someone should do something about this!
    They don't offer service if they can't even give numbers that really WORK!
    I have been given 02-8313353, 032-3400422. NONE works!
    This is fraud. And there should be a way to get that refund!

• Ki
      27th of May, 2009

PAL did double charge me for a round trip ticket way back November of last year and up till now I have not received a refund from them.

At first I sent them an email but nobody bothers to response, even an auto-generated email I have receive nothing! so I sent again an email 2 days after my first one and I ask them for a confirmation that they receive my email. tough luck! still no response from them. the third time I sent an email was like a week after I sent my first one. I was so frustrated that my patience was pushed to it's limit and I had to express my anger with them thus making me say bad words and bad mouthing them. But even my email was nicer the first they did not reply so asa pa ako! so it was like a month I still have not heard back from them, I spent 1 day of my rest day to call them and whew! I made contact! I asked them if they receive my email. and yes they did but here's the catch. They said that my email was on "queue" and by which the agent doesn't know how long it will take to process.damn! PAL-PAK nga! just so all you guys know. Up till now I have not received any refund from them. it was 7 months ago and still waiting. was that the kind of after sales service they got? considering that it was not even my fault. if there's anybody there that could help me since this is my hard earned money. and I know anyone could feel the same way. I hope this would not happen to anyone again. asa pa!

• Mi
      3rd of May, 2010

WORST FLIGHT EVER. PAL731 BKK-MNL. Gate agent Olivia Fuentebella (gate agent Bangkok), has the costomer service skills of an orangatan with diper rash. Tried to get seats for my wife and kid and I, togather and was told that there we none, when I got onboard there was a seat next to them but was told I couldnt sit there. The flight attendant, Herman "Jerry" Reyes (purser), threatened me and told me that I couldnt change seats so I ended up sitting 3 rows behind them looking at the empty seat next to them. When asked for a complaint form and their names they tried to hide and not give them to me. Food was tasteless. Seats were small. Airplane was discusting. If you can, pay a little extra and fly some one else

• Re
      7th of Jun, 2010

have been a loyal Philippine Airlines customer and passenger for many years, but recent events on my last PAL vacation have caused me to rethink that loyalty.

This is regarding a serious and unreasonable delay in the arrival of our luggage. Our flight was from Manila-Boracay via Caticlan- PR47, departure time 10:00am last June 1, 2010.

Upon boarding the aircraft, we were advised that due to “wind occurrence”, our luggage would not be flying in the same plane (pr47) and would be loaded on the next flight (departure time, 12nn) via Kalibo. This was not explained to us fully. Wind occurrences? Why the next flight? We could be subjected to these ”winds” and our luggage could not?

Upon arrival at the Caticlan airport (11:10am), as advised by the crew, we proceeded to the Air Philippines office to leave our Hotel and contact details and we were assured that they will have our luggage delivered to our hotel by 4:30pm. Nobody from that office gave us any ticket or claim form. Just their word.

We waited patiently & anxiously in our hotel room for our luggage. We had a 6:00 pm formal wedding to attend, and if our bags were to arrive at 4:30 pm, it would be cutting it thin, but we’d still have ample time to get ready.

4:30 pm came and went, no bags. Nobody texted or called us.

It goes without saying that we were not able to attend the wedding. Or the festivities that followed.

Furthermore, we were travelling with children who had prescription medication in their bags. Bags that were checked in. Bags that have still not arrived.

We were not even able to swim and enjoy the beach for we did not have our swimwear and dry clothes for changing afterwards. The children were sequestered in the hotel room for they did not have a change of clothes if they break a sweat.

At 6:00pm, we were already in panic mode and felt helpless that we had lost a day. Nobody communicated anything to us. We were expecting a call or text to calm us and let us know the status.

As I’m sure your kind office can understand, when on holiday, everyday day counts.

No, when you’re on holiday, every hour counts.

We were constantly hounding the hotel concierge, making him contact Air Philippines for answers, but on every call, nobody would pick up.

Almost 8:00 pm.

By this time, the atmosphere in our hotel room was dismal at best, the children were tired, dirty and had to be put to bed. We rushed to D’Mall (a shopping destination in the island) forced to purchase new swimwear, underwear, a fresh change of clothes & sleepwear for the children, running on limited cash as this was not foreseen. And a change of clothes and sleepwear for the adults as well since we have been wearing the same sweaty clothes since the morning. Not to mention new toiletries for everyone. Toiletries and clothes that were all in our luggage. Luggage that are still delayed. Or lost?. At this point, we didn’t know anything anymore. We had not received a call regarding the delay and no message has been left for us at the front desk either.

Some holiday we were having wouldn’t you say?

Again, your office, I’m certain understands the importance of a holiday, and can see that so far, through no fault of ours, this was starting on the lowest of notes. We were following a strict 3 day itinerary, and we had lost an entire day. AN ENTIRE DAY.

Our luggage eventually arrived.

Disrupting our sleep at 11:00 pm.

Six hours after the agreed upon time of 4:30 pm.

• Aa
      14th of Nov, 2013

After I retired in Thailand in December 2005 and I married my beautiful Thai wife, I was so happy to live with her until she died from cancer in April 2013. I had difficult a difficult period and decided at the age of 69 to retire in the Philippines. When arriving at the Bangkok airport, I had a very bad experience with Philippine Airlines and when the matter is not solved, I will never fly Philippines Airlines again. Arriving at the checkin counter, the man there asked we if I have a special permit to fly to Manila. I asked him what he meant, because several months earlier I flied to Manila without any question. He told me I needed a special document and I had to pay 12.000 Baht, did not give me an explanation why I needed this document. But he told me, I would get 9.000 Baht back in the Philippines. But immigration, did not know nothing about it. So as it was one week heavy rain in Manila, we decided to fly to CEBU. However there we were welcomed by an earthquake and later a typhoon. Nevertheless we decided to buy a condo and started the request again about the payback of the 9.000 Baht. Two e-mails sent to the payback section of Philippines airlines were not answered. Finally we went to a shopping centre in CEBU with an office of Philippine Airlines. There we were told, that the Philippines authorities are preventing that people with a low income would enter the country. And we got again a new address, that we must visit. A very strange answer, telling me they try to prevent poor people going to the Philippines, as my income is 1600 US dollars a month, that I could also them if they asked me. So far no payback at all.
    My advise, never fly Philippines Airlines again, take Kuwait Airlines.

• Ha
      22nd of Oct, 2018

we add 20kls (1, 200pesos) for me at first and it was successful the system emailed me the receipt, later we decided to add another 20kls for my wife but no receipt was given to us instead it was deducted to my bank account automatically, when we were in general santos city airport the ground crew told us that they cannot find the record and we only have 20kls additional baggage and he told us to ask in NAIA Terminal 2 office, when we arrived in terminal 2 i went directly to your office and the guy called someone on the phone and later told me that they found the error and they will refund the amount to my bank account with in 15 days it was October 2, 2018 but until now i haven't received the said refund. i emailed the refund department and they want me to produce a billing statement, how can i produce the billing statement when nothing was given to me in the first place? and the staff in your office in NAIA Terminal 2 told me to wait for 2weeks and now that i'm here in Dubai they are requiring me such thing? can you please take an action on this, this is not about the money..it's about your service and maybe glitch on your online services. i never encountered this kind of problem in any of my bookings except in PHILIPPINE AIRLINES!