PhatCampus.com / Not received my book or get my refund!

I sent probably 5 or 6 e-mails to the customer service trying to get a refund on one book. I was charged for 2. It has been since Friday and I haven't heard a word from anyone. I tried the customer service no. But it said "mailbox full". I fear I will not receive my book or get my refund.

Va

Comments

27th of Jan, 2007

I am having the same problems, and if they do not respond or be consistent i will demand a refund, and seek charge dispute. good luck to all on this site.

• Gi
      1st of Feb, 2007

My daughter thought she would save money by purchasing a book from this fraudulent ebusiness. She not only got double billed on her credit card, but never received the book and I have since purchased locally. I have made numerous attempts to speak to either Ric Rues Or Ms. Winter, to no avail. I have sent email after email, no response. As owner of a California Corporation, I have the luxury of having staff legal counsel. We are currently conferring into what Federal, State, Ecommerce and USPS laws and regulations may have been violated by this "Company". Anyone who would like to contact us via email may do so at cash_36@pacbell.net We are considering a class action lawsuit. Mr Rues, if you happen to be reading this, I would respectfully advise you to call me ASAP

30th of May, 2007

I ordered a book by ISBN for my husband's math class and they shipped the wrong book. When we emailed customer service, the response we were given was that because we ordered the annotated version, what they shipped was correct. Now I'm not really that stupid, so I went searching for the phone number and the only one I could find is 866-659-1233, which leads to a voice mail. Now I have 4 days to find the right book since we can't count on a timely response from this company.

29th of Sep, 2007

I ordered a book about 5 weeks ago. Have not seen it. No phone number is provided for contact. totally unreliable. Do NOT use this site if you need books for school- you will not get them in time or even at all

• Ta
      24th of Dec, 2007

Still no sign of a book I ordered at the end of November, and it's now Xmas. What a ridiculous scam. How are they getting away with this? Hopefully all of you know that contesting charges on your credit card is the best way to handle companies that are fraudulent. Just call your CC company and explain that you only authorized the charges pending delivery of the item. They'll cancel the charge and ask you to put it all into writing. These guys have to be stopped. If enough people contest the charges that are fraudulent, they may finally be punished.

Someone should write to Google and make sure they know they are advertising for a fraudulent company.

15th of Jan, 2008

I order some books from them around june last year and never received the books. No response from the customer service inspite of several emails!!! Its a scam!!!

• Je
      16th of Jan, 2008

I ordered from here after seeing a listing on cheapesttextbooks.com, which has always been a trustworthy site, and low and behold they charged me for two of the same book!!! I immediately contacted their "costumer service" via email and received no response; so today I checked the track order status and guess what they have shipped both copies. The tracking numbers checked out with usps, but I don't want both books. We'll see if they ever arrive and if I ever manage to get a refund for the extra copy. I sent a second email and have left a message on their answering machine. Its not very comforting to have to search google to find their phone number, or that there are hundreds of angry people out there.

• Ah
      16th of Jan, 2008

I bought a book from this web site by 7th Jan 2008, and I received an email says " Unfortunately this textbook has sold out. A refund has been initiated for this order. Please allow 24-48 hours for processing. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we appreciate your business. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you! " until today I didn't receive any thing.

• Ah
      17th of Jan, 2008

I made a phone call to my accuant bank. They told me that the bank will give me my money back form this web site during two days. I recommend every one to call your bank. please if you want any information just send to me an email under the name " phat camps"

• He
      17th of Feb, 2009

I cant believe Im seeing this. Comments well over a year old and these scam artists are still in business! Its now Feb 09 and I too have had my money stolen from me with no hope of a product or a refund! It makes me sick to my stomach that someone can be taking peoples money for years and not be shut down for fraudulent activity!!

26th of Jun, 2009

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for submitting your comments about www.phatcampus.com. I was actually getting ready to order some books from their website until something in the back of my head said to check the BBB for their rating. Thank you for taking the time to let your voices be heard. I hope this company gets it comeuppance for the pain it has caused people.

• So
      25th of May, 2010

I will have to disagree with all of you. Phatcampus is a really good site. They sell books really cheap for a great price. What you guys don’t notice is the description of the book; if it says ANNOTATED it obviously means the instructor’s edition. Since some of you don’t even know what it means or dont bother to take the time to look it up you just purchase it because of the price. How is it their fault when you’re actually being careless for your purchase? And upon ordering a book, why would you order a book at the last minute? For one, books take up to 4-10 business days to arrive right? Depending the shipping method you choose of course but how can you blame them for shipping a book and then USPS loosing it in transit or claiming that they "delivered" it and it never arrived. Instead of blaming them why don’t you just blame the postal service? Phatcampus is actually doing their job, all you guys want to do is blame the seller and not realize that it might not even be their fault. Think about it.

• Ye
      9th of Oct, 2010

They entered a incorrect address, it cause the UPS can't deliver the packet. The packet have returned to them at least 3 weeks. I asked them to refund my money for 3 weeks. I sent at least 20 e-mail and called at least 3 times. This is the worse online company I ever seem. I oreder the item at Sep 15

28th of May, 2012

Should have check Amazon first. A little higher in price bit no customer service and waiting over a week with nothing to show for it is not worth the slight price differential. Do not waist your time with them. No customer service and no feedback at all on availability or order status.

28th of May, 2012