PH Media Group / phone calls

2 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: +44 (0)207 496 3900

Ph group have been calling my company up to 3 times a day for over a year! I have told they on several occasions I am not intrested only to be told they will not remove me form there database and a new person then makes contact trying to bully me in to making an appioment as that is what they get paid off very very forcefull and rude staff dont deal with this company.

Vw
Feb 19, 2015

Comments

• Hd
      27th of Mar, 2015

Please please don't have anything to do with this company, you are correct they will bully you as they are totally ruthless and without scruples. They use rollover contracts, a fact which they keep well hidden and they then sue you for thousands if you fail to give the 42 day notice required.

• Cw
      1st of Oct, 2015

Agree, salesman got very stroppy when he didn't get a sale, said he would see himself out and he had come all the way from Essex just to see us (funny really), claims they got ask by BT to do their voice message, but they declined as BT did not have a good enough reputation (even funnier), but wonder what BT make of this claim. Avoid like the plague. Probably see Matt Alwright interviewing them on Watchdog soon.

15th of Jan, 2016

What a awful experience we just had. Absolutely horrendous sales staff, using bullying tactics to try to nail a sale.
    We are small company based in Yorkshire, two Sales reps came to visit us offering there full services. The product itself is very good, however the way it was delivered was very poor. I was often called 'MATE' by one of the sales rep. When i mentioned the product was too expensive they suggested they replied with 'We new you would say that, because your company is small, don not worry about payment we can ignore it for 6 months!'. Which is a load of rubbish! The Sales rep then said to one of the managers 'see you outside' because we decided the service was too expensive!
    I would not recommend them, they are cowboys and need a lesson in customer service!

• Cl
      19th of Apr, 2016

I had this company visit me and I found that the rep really new his stuff about our company and the way we could use the service, he even helped us resolve a telecoms issue we have been having for a long time. We didn't however take up the service as the cost was a little too high for us . But I recommended it to one of my clients who now uses it and has had really good feedback from his customers. It's not for everyone but my experience was a good one.

• Ab
      15th of Jun, 2016
    Best Best Advice +6 Votes

I live in New York, and I own a transportation company for the elderly. I had one of their sales reps come and see me at my office, and it was a total joke. Don't get me wrong, the sales guy was fantastic, and did an amazing job explaining their services and how it would benefit my business. He even did a complete return on investment for me, and even took that one step further by giving me projections that were very low ball numbers, so that it could be as realistic as possible. I was getting very excited about the services, and then he played me the "demos" that his "production team" back in Manchester, UK put together... which is where the companies true colors came out!!! First and foremost, what they do to put these "demos" together is border line illegal in my opinion. When their inside sales team in Manchester called me to schedule the meeting, they were so incredibly unprofessional and rude, that I really didn't want to have the sales rep come to my place of business in the first place. I honestly only took the meeting because he said that he would keep calling me and calling me until I said yes, so I agreed. What I didn't know about this entire conversation is that they were recording it to use for their "demos". They do this so you can hear what your customers are going through when you put them on hold. They then take that same exact call, and remove what your customers are currently hearing, and put in what they COULD HEAR while they are on hold if I use their service. Unfortunately for the sales rep that came to me (and let me stress that he does not have any involvement with creating these demos), they completely fabricated my "custom demo". The call that was used was actually a recording from a completely different business, but while the callers where on hold, they put the ON HOLD MARKETING that was created for my business on that call. When the sales rep finished playing the demo, he looked at me and asked me what I thought? I told him that it was very good, but that wasn't my company on that call. I could instantly tell that he had no idea based off his facial expression, and it really probably was the first time he found out that the company was creating fake calls to WOW their potential clients. The rep immediately started apologizing about all of it, and stated that he was completely embarrassed about the entire situation. He then called his supervisor "Nigel" on the phone to explain what was going on. I asked to be put on speaker phone so I could hear the conversation, and he gladly said "absolutely", because the poor sales rep had no idea that they were creating these false demos. His supervisor "Nigel" answered the phone, and he had a very strong British accent. The sales rep explained in complete detail with total professionalism exactly what happened, and instead of Nigel being shocked and saying there must have been a mistake, his exact words were "come on mate... don't worry about those details. Your job is to sell, not make excuses for your poor performance!" He then said "Like Mark always says, do whatever you have to do to get a sale! By hook or by crook!", and then just hung up the phone on the sales rep. I asked the sales rep who Mark was, and he said that Mark is his Senior VP of Sales and Marketing, which I couldn't believe that this was their hierarchy mentality. The sales rep continued to apologize to me not only for this entire incident, but also because he completely wasted my time. I own 3 separate businesses, and have been the CEO of my companies for over 30 years, and I have never heard anyone with a legitimate business model say that their mentality is "By hook or by crook"! Before I could even say anything, the sales guy said "thank you for taking the time to see me, but I am not comfortable selling you this service, or anyone else after what I just heard." I instantly gained a lot of respect for that sales rep, but for PH Media Group as a whole, I feel sorry for anyone that works with them in the future and uses their services. My only advice to anyone that is approached by them, just hung up the phone, but before you do, tell them that if they do not delete your number from their system, you are going to report them to the US Government, and make sure that they do not do business in our country anymore.

All in all. The sales rep was amazing, honest, and genuine, but the company is ran by con artist. I really hope that sales rep is no longer working with them, because I guy with that much integrity should be with a company that is not trying to decisive their clients on a daily basis. Based off the look on his face when this happened, I would guess that he is no longer working with them, and is happier some where else.

• Le
      2nd of May, 2017

@abxy what was the reps name

• Un
      17th of May, 2018

@leoma55 I worked for this company back in 2015 and I can absolutely agree with this statement, a very bully sales style with repeated calls to customers who basically tell you to [censored] off! For employees, it was your job on the line every day, if you didn't meet the impossible targets you were out the door. I decided to leave after 4 weeks as the pressure was ridiculous to sell such an unwanted product. From an insiders perspective, avoid them, it's nothing but a massive con!

27th of Jul, 2016

Please be careful when dealing with this company as they roll you over into a new 3 year contract without any notification. If you must take out a contract with them (and they are really expensive so please don't even consider it), then cancel the contract immediately ready for the end of the term so that you can't be rolled onto a new one. People leave companies and new staff often don't realise that the contract is up for renewal; this company send you no notification whatsoever, they just quietly and slyly roll you over into another 3 year contract. It's immoral and wrong.

• Po
      30th of Mar, 2017

@Joanne White This has just happened to us! It's such an unethical way to do business! Beware!!

• Jm
      27th of Jul, 2016

I was treated very badly by this company as an ex-employee... I was treated differently due to race, racist comments were made towards me and in general. When I reported these the entire team I worked in were pressured to back the company instead of myself. It was a drug, sex and ego-fuelled environment. Not surprised to hear these comments above.

14th of Aug, 2018

@Jmckinnon Hi, Sorry to hear of your experience. Do you know if anyone has been successful in 'getting out' of their hidden 42 day notice roll over clause?

• Ro
      24th of Nov, 2016

These guys have been calling the company I work for, for a long time now. On a number of occasions we've told them we're not interested and to stop calling us. They leave it a while (a couple of weeks or even months) then start again and argue with us when we say we've told them previously that we're not interested. At times they've been very aggressive.

• St
      21st of Mar, 2017

I would strongly recommend you do not deal with PH media group as they use several low and underhanded means to sell and keep you in a contract. When this contract was signed the sales representative made a big deal about crossing out the 3 years contract to a 12 month contract when I told him I did not want to sign up. What I didn't see in the small print was this was a rolling contract so it continued into a second year, this company does not send any statement of accounts, invoices or any formal notice of the contract rolling over or of payments made so 1) it goes under the radar 2) you have no contact details for them. We sent an email in the 3rd year cancelling the contract and 6 months later when we saw direct debits were still be taken we cancelled the direct debit (this happened to be 20 days before the new year contract was due to start) and within a week they contacted us the first communication from them in nearly 3 years, first by accounts telling us the direct debit had been cancelled and then by the sales department telling us we needed to give 42 days notice before the start of the new yearly contract. When I informed them we had sent an email 6 month ago to cancel it but had heard nothing from them I was told they had not received it and as we were within the 42 days before the new contract starts they will start legal action if we did not pay for another full year £1942 or agree to see a sales representative to agree another plan. I am currently being threatened with legal action and expect to be served notice shortly of court proceedings judging by the solicitor letters I am getting. Stay safe and do not use this company they cannot be trusted!

• Jl
      20th of Jun, 2017

@Stu88 Hello. Our company is based in Singapore and we ran into the same scheming tactic by them. May I know whether you finally managed to settle this without losing to them? Possible to share some tips?

• Ti
      22nd of Jul, 2017

@Stu88 We have just called to cancel after I thought a 24 month contract and been told the same about the rolling contract. Not sure if this is legal without giving us warning that it is about to roll over?

14th of Aug, 2018

@jlautan Hello, We are in Singapore and are facing the small issue too. What was your outcome?

14th of Aug, 2018

@DanielaCarrad We are in Singapore and would like to know too!

15th of Aug, 2018

@jlautan Hello, Did you lodge a complaint with CASE? These thieves have offices at Anson Rd. Please lodge a complaint.

• Ti
      22nd of Jul, 2017

As per reply have just come across this rolling small print on back of contract that was not advised upon

• Me
      12th of Oct, 2017

This company calls us every couple of months. I just tell them that the party they're looking for is unavailable. When I ask what this is in reference to they refuse to tell me specifically, they lie and say they met my VP in England. My VP has never been to England. What a crock of [censor]. They lie and say they've talked to him a few months ago. All these people do is lie to try and get past me, but they will never get past me. I'm an excellent gatekeeper!

• So
      16th of Mar, 2018

This company has been calling us frequently since January this year. The caller's name changes, sometimes John Angus, usually John Anderson (it sounds like the same person!). The company name varies from PH Group, PHMG and variations on that theme. "John" now hangs up as soon as I ask the company name. We are registered on the Telephone Preferential Service (TPS) so should not be getting these calls at all. I have asked for our details to be removed as their product is of no interest to us at all but just get rude remarks or the phone cuts off. The next step is to raise a complaint with TPS, however they withhold their number now. It showed on one occasion in January to be 0161 888 5707, but it came up as anonymous today.

• Ds
      29th of Mar, 2018

My company has just been stung with PH’s 42 day rule. After reading the reviews online this appears to be nothing more than a scam. I would be interested to hear from anyone else currently in the same situation. Take my advice and avoid this company like the plague.

14th of Aug, 2018

@DSK635 Would be great to hear the outcome! The are trying to scan us too with the 42 day rolling contract rubbish

15th of Aug, 2018

@DSK635 https://www.gov.uk/guidance/unfair-terms-explained-for-businesses-full-guide#subscriptions-and-automatic-rollovers this is a useful resource. they are flouting the Consumer Act of 2015 with this hidden clause. Please make a formal complain. lets get this stopped!

3rd of Apr, 2018

Had a great experience with PH Media, always helpful and service is prompt, product is quality and works well for us.

14th of Aug, 2018

@James Claridge The service is not the issue its the hidden 3 year roll over close thats the issue!

• Co
      18th of May, 2018

Have had a horrible experience with this company, top to bottom. Very pushy salesman and I kick myself daily for agreeing to a contract with this company. I was an [censored]. Three year contract, way too expensive for what you get, took 3 months of back-and-forth for them to get names pronounced correctly. I demanded to be let out of the contract, but their "best" offer to be allowed out, despite my complete and utter dissatisfaction with the service and product, is still over $4000 which will put an awful strain on my budget--although the "generously" offered to continue the service so I can get my money's worth. Please. Worst business-to-business experience in my 11 years as a business owner. Avoid this company at all costs, or it will cost you thousands of dollars and endless headaches. Would give them zero stars if possible.

• Br
      30th of Jul, 2018

Unfortunately zero was not an option to select.

We too have been unaware of the rollover contract for a further 3 years if we did not give 42 days notice prior to the end of our contract. We have not been contacted at all by the company and this clause was never pointed out to us. I too have asked for a copy of the supposed e-mail sent to me the day after signing the contract. This contract is clearly designed to catch consumers out, otherwise why have it. Broden Lloyd, Barrowford

14th of Aug, 2018

@Broden Lloyd We are fighting the same battle. please share your progress

• Fe
      17th of Aug, 2018

Does anyone have any experience of these crooks actually winning a court case against customers caught out by the rolling contract situation? I represent a company that was caught out by this and we did give 42 days notice and confirmed a date to close the contract. But they then came back later and are trying to take proceedings against us, with threatening letters issued by a micky mouse lawyer in Walsall.