pflueger rods and reels / defective rod

1 SC, United States Review updated:

I have five rods and three reels that are very expensive. All are Pflueger Trion .one rod a 7' 6" boat rod broke using 18lb test line with a 14lb leader. I have sent two emails about the defect to the manufacture and have not gotten a response. I told them their product is only as good as the company that makes it and that they should respond to the problem with the rod.
The rod is kept inside when not in use and looks new. Its wiped and treated acording to the cost. Its rated for up to 20lb.test line and it should not have broken . I belong to three different fishing clubs. Bassmasters, FLW, Bass Boat Central and fish with lots of people across Va. Maryland and Kentucky. I am not Happy and lots of people are going to know why. Defects are a given. Bad service is not acceptable.

Comments

• Ji
      26th of Feb, 2015

I purchased 2 Pflueger PRESSMSSC at Harp's in Mountain Home, AR. One for my Dad and One for my boyfriend. do to my extreme satisfaction with your products in the past I decided not to keep the receipt that it was not important because I was confident in the Pflueger name. I was really disappointed once they use this product and discovered that it did not have two pins as advertised. And would not reel in with a lightweight lure. I then check the reviews for this product online and found lots and lots of bad reviews of this particular reel. Due to not keeping my receipt I am not even sure I will be getting my money back for this product. I suggest in the future you stand by the Pflueger name or you will lose more customers than just me I am almost certain of that. People that buy Pflueger buy for quality people that don't care about quality buy Shakespeare. I will definitely be checking online reviews before I buy and saving my receipts for now on and very leery of the Pflueger product.

• Wa
      4th of Jul, 2015

Have two Pflueger 4410 U reels. They are junk. Line pick up is terrible. Both do exactly the same thing. All they are good for is to twist up your line. Pflueger used to be quality but not any more.