Pfaltzgraff/Filagree Pattern / Made in china

I purposely chose an american company when I was looking to purchase new dishes. Pfzltzgraff is head quartered in Pennsylvania. Their website does not say the products are imported. Upon inspecting my order, I discovered the dishes were made in china. Dishes made in china have been recalled recently because they contained a lead undercoating. If I wanted to purchase dishes from China, I could have gotten a set from walmart for a lot less. I refuse to pay this much to play russian roulette.

A  26th of Sep, 2014 by
I wanted to replace some pieces to my Tea Rose set I bought in 1985. The local outlet store closed and I found I could order them on line. My dishes arrived intact. I was extremely disappointed when I flipped the plate over to see "made in China" stamped on the dish! Not the etched in the plate "made in the USA". I am done with this company. Fortunately, because they are an out of date style, which I still love, someone is unloading their collection at the local thrift store and they are in pristine condition. I did use the ones made in china and there is such a difference in the quality. They are beige and they have gray marks all over them from the stainless steel eating utensils. They are not as sturdy. This was a really bad change for this company! I also think it was very deceptive.