PetSmart / awful experience

On May 2nd 2009 I took my family and my dog to the PetSmart at 1819 NE Pine Island Road in Cape Coral Florida. We noticed a dog in the middle of the store alone with no owner in site for about 10 minutes. I commented to one of the store employees that it is dangerous for a dog to be not on a leashed in the store, but the employee did not seem to care. After about 20 minutes in the store I noticed a second dog which was a (PITBULL) again not leashed in the store. There was a guy who was not an employee of PetSmart training dogs off the leash in the middle of the store. Once we left the store I called the store number back on my cell phone and spoke to Lee the store manager. He stated the gentleman that was training the dogs off the leash was an employee’s boyfriend and not an employee of PetSmart. I stated to him this is dangerous, anyone of those dogs could bite a customer and he would be in a lot of trouble. I will call the corporate office on Monday to have the manager reported. THIS IS UNSAFE AND DANGEROUS FOR CUSTOMERS WALKING THERE CHILDREN AND LEASHED DOGS THOUGH THE STORE!!! BEWARE OF UNSAVE DOG OWNERS IN THIS STORE.

Sc

Comments

• Gr
      12th of Aug, 2009

I am sorry to hear this. I am a trainer at PetSmart in Pensacola, Florida. All of our customers MUST have leashed dogs while inside the store. It is a PetSmart policy that NO dog, including those in training courses, MUST be leashed at ALL times on the property, inside and out.

• Gr
      12th of Aug, 2009

correction* It is a PetSmart policy that ALL dogs, including those in training courses, MUST be leashed at ALL times on the property, inside and out.