Petro Oil / Ripping off

1 Maspeth, NY, United States Review updated:

I am adding my words to that llist (13 pages!) of complaints concerning that PETRO COMPANY. This past March, I finally dropped them on account of their outrageous treatment after having been a customer for 30 YEARS. I had been naive enough not to double check in the rate of oil per gallon. After reading some complaints following a series of unacceptable behaviors, like dodging all my written questions and, finally answering me a hypocritical letter full of what I called in my answer to them (jargon, baloney, and ###)such as: "When we can 'help' a customer, we do!", I finally took action. I reviewed 9 invoices of deliveries from [protected] and realized that all those were charged ALMOST $100 MORE THAN ANY OTHER COMPANIES' CHARGE - I calculated their cheating at $4.00 a gallon (not at $3.80 which most other's charge) and found out that they ripped me off about $900 dollars plus, of course, the tax that I had paid on those whole sums. That comes close to a$1000 AND I DID NOT CHECK YEARS BEFORE 2011. If they do that to hundreds of customers, they are loading their pockets.

There had been other "telltale signs" that I had closed my eyes on namely one, five years ago. If one of their "employees" who was supposed to clean my boiler ( in that case I believe, again too late, that that youngish man was one on the upper rungs of the ladder) comes up from your basement with a WET INDEX FINGER POINTED AT YOU AND A HALF-SMILE ON HIS FACE, ( a smirk-like smile, as was the case, telling you), "YOUR BOILER HAS A LEAK.".

DON"T DO LIKE ME - DON"T PANIC AS I DID BUT GET A SECOND OPINION.; SOMETIMES, WE DON"T SEE THE SIGNS RIGHT AWAY BUT THEY COME BACK TO OUR MIND LATER . Of course, in that case, I have no proof, but, as Lionel on the Channel 11 News says: "THINK AS YOU SEE FIT..."

By the way, there are so many no-nos in that contract that they can do anything they want...Also, that contract is over $300 more than any companies'.

Moreover, while digging into my files I found another letter I wrote to them in 2004! I was already hinting at looking for another company at the time. However, I kept tolerating, figuring that "the devil you know may be better than the one you dont'." I WAS WRONG; SHOULD HAVE DUMPED THEM TEN YEARS AGO! Of course, I'm a senior, a female without what I call a 'bodyguard" - (read a husband or a male figure) and that makes a difference!

They did refund me first $100, then, another $200, to quiet me down after my screaming and my printed, registered letters as proof, maybe afraid that I would follow up further? a pittance, considering how much they must have silently ripped me off. As I wrote to them: "You don't 'help' your customers, YOU ABUSE THEM!

Well, better late than never: GOOD RIDDANCE, PETRO!

Cl
Apr 20, 2013

Comments

• Li
      21st of Apr, 2013

Note: I wrote this for my friend Claude...we made a mistake in this letter...Petro charged her $1.00 more per gallon. Instead of $3.75, they charged her $4.75...

• Cl
      27th of Apr, 2013

Claude Biet

My friend Lisa placed a correction on my letter dated April 20 which was not totally exact - concerning line 8. It is supposed to read: "I realized that all those were charged ALMOST one dollar more per gallon than other companies: UP TO $4.75 ( not always).
    Also, on line 20 I forgot to add: "I gave that man the green light; that new boiler cost me $6, 775.00...!