Petplan USA / Scam Artists

1 San Clemente, CA, United States Review updated:

After paying for this insurance for 1 solid year, totaling over $500. I called to get a quote for coverage on my sick dog and they told me i needed to provide a Vet routine check up from at least 1 year prior to signing up! I said, "Excuse me??? Wouldn't you ask for that prior to taking my money???" They said, "Oh, it's in our contract mam." I talked to my vet and he said he's never heard of such a thing and they should reimburse me and I'm looking into it. Seriously, why take my money??? These people are crooks. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM!!!

Dl
Oct 31, 2014

Comments

• El
      18th of Sep, 2018

i have adopted my pet by november 2015 and immediately got a plan with petplan. i have NEVER requested anything from the insurance since i adopted my pet. this year i had two vet bills for a swallen leg ( from january 2018) and an ear infection ( from august 2018 ). after uploading all paperwork from the vet, they asked me to upload my pets history BEFORE I ADOPTED HER. i sent the adoption paperwork, then they called my vet and asked all the medical records ( WHICH I HAD ALREADY UPLOADED ALL MEDICAL NOTES FROM THE VET ) after rewieving all these documents, they decided the deductables are implied PER CASE, NOT PER YEAR. i have spent nearly $1000 in vet expenses and they sent $29 after deductables. THIS IS JUST A SCAM I IMMEDIATELY CANCELLED THE POLICY AND CANCELLED THE PAYMENTS. WHEN I GOT THE PLAN I WAS TOLD THE DEDUCTABLE WAS FOR ONE TIME AND AFTER YOU MET YOUR DEDUCTABLE, THE REST WAS PAID BY 90%
    THE POLICY CHANGED IN YEARS AND I WAS STUPID NOT TO PAY ATTENTION TO CHANGES.