Petland Pittsburgh Monroeville / our puppy died within 7 days, and she was sold with infections.

1 Monroeville, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 724-325-3220

March 1, 2009 a new fifteen week old yorkie puppy was purchased by my son. March 5, 2009 the puppy was in emergency care, near death. March 9, 2009 the puppy was dead. We have so much documentation to show that he puppy was cared for by registered Veterinarians. Petland will not allow us to speak to Clay, the Owner. A post op of the puppy was done by Petland's Vet that works at East Suburban Animal Hospital. Amazingly, she told us that she would not let a sick puppy be sold. She also could not find the cause of death. East Suburban said that they are not affiliated with Petland. Dr. Abt is their Veterinarian, and she works at the hospital. We have asked that the puppy be taken to another Veterinarian to find the cause of death. We haven't had a response. The Owner of East Suburban discussed with my family that he feels that the puppy was sold to my son sick. Now we aren't getting responses from him. All of the attending Veterinarians prior to her death have stated in writing that she was sold to my son sick. Dr. Caslow at East Suburban agreed. Petland is selling puppy mill puppies. Why is this being allowed. We are so very broken hearted, and we do not want the puppy to die in vain. Please help to get the word out. If you would like to rebute my note. I am willing to share all documentation, call logs, and any other necessary paperwork. Thanks for your concern. Say no to Petland!

Comments

St
  20th of Mar, 2009

Most pet shop puppies are puppy mill puppies. Honestly, no respectable breeder will allow their puppies to be sold in a pet shop where they hire random people off the street.

With petland it's all by chance. I bought a puppy from our local petland and I'm still happy with my purchase. Now, I'm not saying i'll go back there again for a puppy, for personal reasons rather than anything that they did.
Try a real breeder.

Em
  6th of Mar, 2010

I've always been curious about the puppymill situation. Ok, so the HSUS says that any puppy bought from the store is a puppy mill and even though they say that the breeders are USDA approved that means nothing and is unreliable. So if the breeder is USDA approved, and that means nothing, then every breeder that is USDA, even private, is a puppy mill? And why would they offer a 3 year health warranty if they bought from puppy mills? They would just end up giving their money back to most people. As long as you follow the guidelines of the warrantys they are not going to deny you help.