Peticure / Junk

1 Addison, TX, United States Review updated:

I purchased a peticure elite on 5/13/2008 and did not receive the product until 7/14/2008. After receiving the product I charged the battery as per instructions and went to use it and it quit and does not work. It is made in china and is of very poor quality. When I called customer service they are refunding only the amount of the product not shipping. Also I have to send it back at my expense and wait for my money. I would not recommend this company or product to anyone.

We

Comments

• Ge
      21st of Aug, 2008

I just recieved my peticure Elite. It took 9 weeks for me to get mine. I can sit and grind on one of my dogs nails until the darn thing is literally SMOKING, and it still only takes it down a fraction of a centimeter. It works NOTHING like advertised. The sound of it scares her to death too. This product just very simply DOES NOT WORK!!! I guess the company is able to stay in business strictly from the money they are making from shipping, because they do not refund that back to you when you return it. I am quite certain EVERYONE will be returning it after they recieve it and find out it is JUNK!!! This product actually caused me to lose a little bit of faith in this great country of ours. But then I guess it is a great country for people like this, cause they can freely RIP PEOPLE OFF!!!

25th of Aug, 2008

I just got my peticure in the mail (it only took 1 wk. to get it). I am so disappointed!! The drum will not fit tightly into the collet nut after screwing it and screwing it so that when you turn it on it hits the plastic sides of the head (where you pick the right size hole that fits your pets nail). It started smelling, smoking and got hot as all get out. I worked on this thing for an hour and i am a mechanically inclined person!! The drum stick thing kept tilting to the side and wouldn't stick up straight no matter what i did. This gadget is not user friendly! I'm sending it right back where it came from tomorrow! HUGE rip off for $60.00!!

• Jl
      1st of Sep, 2008
    Peticure

After reading the numerous negative feedback given this product. I went to my vet. My vet said they did not recommend this. I think I will continue to spend $8-$13 for a nail clip for my dog. At the vet I know it is safe.

• Li
      11th of Sep, 2008

All of these comments are true to me. MY dogs are medium size dogs. I've used 2 out of the 3 files and have only used the Peticure twice so therefore I will have to reorder and buy new files for them. If I have 5-10 minutes to spend on each nail then it may work but I would still need more rotating files to do the job completely.

15th of Sep, 2008
    Peticure - Lousy product
    Chapel Hill
    North Carolina

Peticure came with the wrong attachments. The directions are non-existent and only shows you how to assemble (visually) the first part of the assembly. You are on your own after that. When you call to order, you go through a laborious interactive voice response mess (no operator or person to speak with). This is a rip-off. Save your money and clip them yourself.

For your wasted time and efforts, you get to pay to have everything returned to them, even though they lied about the quality and ease of assembly of their product. I'm writing our state's Attorney General and filing a formal complaint against this company!

• Dl
      16th of Sep, 2008

I agree with the complaint on the Peticure I purchased the more expensive electric one, and it works okay as far as the motor but the sanding bands do not fit they are loose and slip off, I fixed it by putting a piece of scotch tape on the inside of the sanding band. That fixed it but how long will this thing last, well made in china what more do we need to say. I hope everyone has complained to the company.

• Ca
      6th of Oct, 2008

I totally agree! My husband and I bought one and found it not only clumsy but very slow that our westies became so impatient we might have got away with using the nail clippers! We ended up buying the wonderful product by Dr Foster that is much faster and more economical too! Anybody want to buy a slightly used pair of Peticures ?

• Ni
      9th of Oct, 2008

I purchased the Peticure filing system in early August. My dog did not like the noises it made and I found it awkward to use. So, I sent the package back for a refund. Peticure received the returned item Aug. 29th. It is now Oct. 9th and I still have not received my refund. I have made numerous calls to find out the status of the refund and have been met with hostility and rudeness. They have given me three different dates as to when I will receive my money, but so far it has all been lies. Please do not purchase anything from this company!

• Br
      2nd of Dec, 2008
    Peticure - Dangerous plug
    peticure nail trimmer for pets
    2828 trade center dr. #120
    Carrollton
    Texas
    Phone: 866-300-6376
    peticure.com

I agree with all the other complaints,
    but when I returned my product they said I never did..so no refund. they said its their word against theirs.
    I am so mad I even filed a complaint with the better business bereau.
    the product is so cheap made, the battery didn't charge..
    it looks as something you would buy at a $1 store...

4th of Dec, 2008
    Peticure - refund for a crappy product
    peticure.com
    Covington
    Georgia
    Phone: 678-625-8445

Dont waste yoour time and or money on getting this product. It is complete junk and to beat all, the customer service blows! I ordered a peticure petite in July, got it in September. I returned it because it was junk and they only refunded the purchase price . Now shipping twice is kind of rediculas I paid to have it shipped to me 9.99 then I paid to ship it back and wasnt refunded for at least one way! When I called customer no service I was told to fax my ups tracking info and they would most certainly refund my shipping it back up there. Then I emailed another csr and was told no they wont refund anything. So now I've decided to find the owner and contact him. Its not about the $ anymore. Its about the lack of customer no service and to beat all, they are incredibly rude about it!

• Be
      16th of Dec, 2008

My friend purchased Peticure in the past, I do believe that you are right. The product is completely crapy and the service is absolutely horrendous as well. I hope that you will do your best to get everything that is owed to you. I am sorry to hear about your money loss from this defective product. I was thinking about getting it myself for my two Standard Poodles, but now I don't think I will.

23rd of Jan, 2009

I'm surprised any of you can get far enough to even get it working on the dogs nails at all. We have two dachshund puppies and the stupid filing band slides off the dremel head as soon as a nail touches it. This thing is a waste of money.

I'll try Dlm's scotch tape trick to try and fix it, but so far, this is a total dud.

• Gr
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I purchased my peticure and it only ran for about 15 mins and now it will not work a complete piece of crap do not buy this product

• Na
      26th of Jan, 2009

I bought a larger PETICURE a few months ago. I only used it 1.5 times and it started making ODD NOISES, so my husband, an electronics engineer, TOOK IT APART and discovered that they DID NOT USE a SEALED BARING, thus allowing all the POWDER from the nail filings to CLOG the DAMN THING UP! A seal for a baring costs all of 43 cents, so you'd think for what they charge they'd add the extra feature! My husband was going to put a sealed baring on it at his work, but the stupid thing wouldn't come off, so we're stuck using a piece of junk that has to be cleaned 2-3 times every time we use it. Nanci in Iowa

• K9
      10th of Feb, 2009

I PURCHASED YOUR PRODUCT SIX MONTHS AGO FOR A TOTAL $74.97. THE PRODUCT STOPPED WORKIN GO FIGURE A PRODUCT MADE IN CHINA SOLD TO HARD WORKIN AMERICANS STOPPED WORKIN WHAT A SCAM AND TO TOP IT THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE JUST PHONE NUBERS THAT ARE NO LONGER IN SERVICE. DONT WE MAKE ANY PRODUCTS IN AMERICA ANY MORE WITH SOME MORALS AND VALUES THAT WORK. NOW THANKS TO PETICURE I HAVE A DEAD PAPERWEIGHT SITTING ON MY DESK. WHEN THE PRODUCT WORKED IT WORKED WELL NOW FOR LONGER THAN THE PRODUCT WORKED IT WILL NEVER WORK. DONT GET SUCKERED INTO BUYIN THIS PAPERWEIGHT. IF ANYONE WANTS ILL SELL U MINE BECAUSE AS U SEE FROM THE REST OF THE COMMENTS YOURS TO WONT WORK EITHER.

• Da
      15th of May, 2009
    Los Angeles
    California

Do not buy a Peticure. I kept mine plugged in because the battery is a piece of crap and it nearly set my house on fire. The cheap electrical plug was hot to the touch when I picked it up and I noticed that the carpet was singed!! I could not believe how cheaply made this product was but most importantly it is DANGEROUS. I'm going to send them a picture of this plug and demand my money back but if they try to give me a hard time I'm going to have a bigger lawsuit against them. I'll keep you updated, but DO NOT ever leave it plugged in!!