Peter Chan/Kingston Garden / Ridiculous charges

1 United States

Peter Chan, the landlord of the condo I rented last year (in the Kingston Garden), actually had the nerve to #1 charge me for a light bulb that had burnt out in the ceiling fixture (had been out for months, $15), #2 charge his "made up rate" for cleaning after we moved out (*we had spent a good 4 hours making sure the place was spotless) for the new tenants (literally- he and his wife vacuumed - decided it was worth $50), #3 charged us $5 to replace a piece of blind that was missing before we moved in (just to name a few examples). Not only is he charging us for things we are not responsible for, he also waited until over a month after we moved out to give us a list of what he planned to deduct, and gave us no time to discuss the charges. He closed our account where the security deposit was being held, and did not send us a bank statement indicating how much interest was accumulated. When called to discuss these matters, he just yelled, "I don't have time to deal with you.... get a lawyer". I have never in my many years of renting dealt with such a nightmare. The harassing phone calls, the inappropriate yelling/belittlement.... I cannot believe a grown man can act this way. Very disappointing.... do not trust this man.