Petcorefund for incorrect online order

I ordered a cat perch from Petco and received instead a cat scratching post. Order Number: [protected] . Same manufacturer, wrong item. I spent 20 minutes on the line with customer service giving much info about the incorrect item and the one I had actually ordered. This item had actually been deleted from the online record of my order, which made it difficult for them to assist me.

After 20 minutes, I was told I would receive an email message about how to return the item within 2 days. It's been 2 days and I have not been contacted except for an email message telling me to be patient, they are waiting for a response from some other department. I called customer service today and was told there was no resolution yet because the company was negotiating with the third party vender that provided the item.

I don't think this is acceptable. Nothing the third party vender has to say will change the fact that I received the wrong item. Knowing how to get the item returned and get a refund should not be dependent of successful negotiations with their vender. I also have no idea whether the correct item has been sent or if I'm free to order this item from another vender. There is no good reason to make me wait to get the item that I need.

Ka