Petco Grooming / unprofessional service

1 10060 US Highway 40Ellicott City, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: (410) 465-7714

Do not go to this store for grooming!

I took my dog for a grooming appointment at this petco store and received the most horrendous service. Not only did they charge me more than what they quoted on the phone, they kept extending the amount of time I had to wait for my dog, first from 3 hrs to 4 hrs then to 5.5 hrs. When I finally said that I needed him to be done soon, they said ok. Then when I picked him up, they charged me an extra $12 for "special handling" and "dematting" because they said he was giving them a hard time. My dog is 4 lbs!!! Even after speaking w/ the asst manager and general manager, they still insisted on charging the extra fees. Their tone was very rude and unprofessional. The first thing that they said when we walked in the door was "he's never coming back here again." not only is my dog small and harmless, he's been to other groomers in the past and has never had any issues. These people are just horrible and only after your money. I've called corporate to file a complaint. Hopefully something happens.

Comments

• He
      20th of May, 2011

another person who thinks the world should love their dog

• Kh
      9th of Jun, 2011

When you're paying for a service for your dog, that business SHOULD love your dog during the time said dog is in their possession! As I always tell my clients, never never never go to a pet store groomer. They usually hire inexperienced groomers or ones freshly out of grooming school. You get what you pay for, so pay the extra money and take your dog to a actual grooming salon.