Petals.com / Never reimbursed for returned floral item

I purchased a floral arrangement from them on 1/08/07. When I received it I wasn't happy with it and returned it via insured mail (with receipt) in mid January.

I called customer service on 3/6/07 and spoke to Dayama who told me they were switching over to a new computer system and that the reimbursements would be coming shortly. I called on 3/09 and received same story from representative William. I now told them I found it odd that my credit card could be charged so quickly but it has been almost six weeks and no credit had been issued. They told me all credits would be now be reimbursed by 3/31. On 4/2 , I spoke to Guierrmo who gave me supervisor "Nicole" who said reimbursement is now being sent. On 4/08 spoke to Jenner who told me the same story. On 4/11 I called and spoke to Damien who gave me supervisor "Genesis". At this time I faxed to her my receipt, proof of insured mail receipt (they assured me that they had received my return), and was told I would receive my credit no later than 4/21. On 4/26, after my credit card statement closed again, I called and talked to Natalie who refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor. She told me that she would keep me on hold for the entire day if I did not hang up. There are a few more incidents in between those I have described.

I am now writing my credit card company to see what can be done. Their customer service supervisors are supposedly Nicole and Genesis who are extremely busy and can't seem to return my calls. They gave me the name Chris Topping as their CEO at 13975 Northwest 58 Court Miami Lakes, Florida 33014. I don't know if this is accurate as I now do not trust a thing this customer service department says.

Anyone who attempts to buy from this company I feel is risking a loss of their money. I will never do business with them again.

Comments

• Sh
      24th of May, 2007

These comments about Petals.com are so true! My mom has been battling this company since January. No returned calls. No supervisor accountability. It is clearly a scam and fraudulent. My mom has already called the state of Florida's consumer affairs division, which assures will pursue the matter.

• Ru
      10th of Aug, 2007

My experience is so similar to Ginny's as I have been battling with the company since February. My complaint includes everything from no reimbursement for a returned item, to a duplicate charge, two overcharges and no reimbursement for postage on a damaged returned item. Each time I received my credit card statement and the credit did not appear, I would call, and I called several times in between to see how things were progressing. They always informed me that things were being processed. They requested I send all my documents in detail, which I did and I have heard nothing. I was never allowed to speak to "Nicole" or anyone other than whomever answered the phone. I would be interested in being a member of a class action suit if one is formed.

• Au
      27th of Sep, 2008

I ALSO HAD TROUBLE WITH PETAL'S AND I HAVE BOUGHT FLOWERS

FROM THEM FOR YEARS. THEY MUST HAVE NEW PEOPLE .I BOUGHT A

HANGING PLANT AND AFTER 3 MONTHS I DID NOT RECEIVED IT. I

CALLED THEM THEE TIMES AND E-MAILED THREE TIMES. I TALKED

TO TWO PEOPLE AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD SEND ME A REFUND.

I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED A REFUND. THEY STILL OWE ME $61.00!!

• Om
      6th of Oct, 2008

I have returned two items back to Petals totaling $54.70 in December 2006. I spoke to customer service in January 2007 for my refund, and they said they would submit my refund within 10 business days, sadly to say I am still waiting for it as of today October 2008. Their customer service number is non-functioning and has been since 2007, if you get through it would be a complete miracle. I have also faxed and emailed them several of times and to no avail, not a response from them. What was once a reputable company has clearly become fraudulent! Clearly, they are thieves, so my advice is DO NOT BUY FROM PETALS!

14th of Mar, 2010

I really enjoyed them and used them since 2000. As well as recommended them to people. The items I have purchased previously I get nothing but compliments from. I am very disappointed they are no longer in business or changed their name.