Petals / Fraudulent business!

My mother gave me a $100 gift certificate to Petals for Christmas 2006. She ordered it over the phone and was told that the certificate could be used on the website and over the telephone. A few weeks after Christmas I tried to use the gift certificate but found I could not redeem it on the website. I called Petals to place an order over the telephone and was told I could only use the gift certificate with a catalog order. I asked them to send me a catalog but it never arrived. I tried to order a catalog on-line at the website but I never received one. In April, I borrowed a catalog from a friend and mailed an order to Petals with my gift certificate. A month went by and I had not received my flower arrangement. I called their Customer Service number and was told it was back ordered and it would be shipped out sometime in June. June came and went and still no flower arrangement. I called Customer Service again and they said the order had been canceled. I asked the customer service rep. why I had not been notified and why my gift certificate had not been refunded to me. The girl had no answer for me. She said she would put in a refund for me which, of course, I did not receive. A few weeks later I called again and another customer service rep. told me that no refund had been processed for me and she didn't know what to do about refunding gift certificates but she would find out for me and call me back. That, of course, did not happen. In the beginning of August, I called again for several days and only got a recording. I filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau, who gave Petals until September 5, 2007 to answer the complaint. Petals never responded to the Better Business Bureau and I was advised by the Better Business Bureau that I should consider legal means. It is obvious from my experience and from others who have left complaints on this site that Petals is running a fraudulent business and they should be avoided at all costs.

Comments

23rd of Aug, 2007
    Petals - refused credit for returned item

In July I ordered a Wheat & Mixed grass basket, on 7/18, I received the wrong item from them which I returned per their instructions. They will not acknowledge its return even though I have delivery confirmation from the post office. They have not refunded the item, or the postage cost to return the item. I have sent emails to their " customer service" lol. And I have tried calling them numerous times only to be told "we're sorry, due the large volume of calls please try another time" So my advise is DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM PETALS.

• Gl
      31st of Aug, 2007
    Petals - Company does not communicate!

I have purchased hundreds of dollars in flowers from Petals. When I try to reach Customer Service, they completely and totally ignore my emails. The Company cannot be reached by telephone.

Beware people!

3rd of Oct, 2007

I have been a loyal Petals customer for years and began to have problems in June of this year. I placed an order for 4 Fern baskets that were on sale, received a confirmation but have yet to receive the products. I have sent email requests, called the 800 numbers, and also called their corporate headquarters number with absolutely no response.

I even went so far as to track down the name of their chairman, who also happens to sit on the board of the Fairfield CT bank. I sent a message to the bank asking that he be made aware of the situation and to request someone call me. The bank was nice enough to respond but told me I would have to contact Petals directly.

I gave it one more try today - called the 800 number but nobody home!! I am immensely disappointed as I have in the past been very happy with the quality of their products and service.

Today I noticed they are promoting ABC's Extreme Makeover who apparently used some of their products on the show. I suggested all of you who have had problems write to ABC to let them know they are dealing with a sham and should demand that Petals remove the ad from their site.