Pet Shack Chihuahuas / Sick Pup

1 Winnsboro, SC, United States Review updated:

I bought a pup from Petshack back in Oct 2011. We traveled 6 hours to pick up a beautiful little male pup. Wasn't too sure about getting him at 8 weeks tho. I was told that he was not 100% weaned, so she assured me that if I got him home from his mom then he would eat. Well we go to SC to pick him up and I'm informed that the pup has a cough, so she gives me the meds that her vet gave her. Well we get the pup he was fine from what we could tell. Get him home, he drinks tons of water and eats a bite here and there but not enough to fill a bird. So we travel to my parents in WV and it seems from then on he got soo sick. He would not eat at all and he was loosing weight and was really thin and could not understand what could have happened overnight. So on the third day of having him I took him to the vet, the vet said he was plainly unhealthy from the beginning, he was under one pound and not weaned at all and thats why he was not eatting. He was one pound when we picked him up. The vet took two stool samples and found out he had HOOK worms and plainly told me that this pup will die because he is unhealthy and too small to handle the worms. I was told my Petshack to feed him baby food, vet said NO he needs puppy milk and thats what he gave me, and to feed him around the clock, I did this and it did not help. I also done everything Petshack told me to do and it didnt work either. I was giving him sugar drops like he needed, giving him food thru a syringe. I should have not got him until he was 12 weeks but she insisted that we take him home. Come the 5th day, he was a mess, stool running out of him, seizing, eyes floating and it was horrible. She travels to WV to try and nurse him back to health and we meet up and it was just too late, she gives him pepto (don't know if that is safe or not but she did) and he died right then. I do appreicate the fact that she came to WV to help nurse my pup but he was way to sick buy then. I was a mess, and all she could say was my guarantee is only good for 72 hours and thatshe don't guarantee pups that small...she was cussing and screaming that my vet diagnosed the pup wrong and that he had coccidia and not hook worms, and after that she never spoke to me or contacted me. The vet told me she had to know the pup was sick and he should have never left at 8 weeks old. Well she had went back home and was telling people I killed this pup and that breaks my heart, I never would harm any animal. She claims she worms her pups every week or every other week, cannot remember but needless to say I was screwed out of a pup and my money! The only reason why I am complaining is because I have tried on several occasions to contact her about getting another pup, and she never returned my messages or phone calls or even acknowledge the fact that anything had happen...I wish that I would have taken the time to research breeders to see what/who they really are, according to other buyers of Petshack, they have had the same problems and if I would have know this before hand I would have never bought a pup from her. I had put my trust in her hands, I had a small child that I had to explain to him what happened to the pup and you know how hard that is to explain to a 3 year old and he loved this pup. They would sit on the couch together, he would cuddle up on my son's lap. But what set me off is when I found out Petshack was telling others that I KILLED this pup and that was it for me. She didn't bother to tell this people that he had hook worms so I am and have told these other people that he did have hook worms and come to find out that the 'cough' he had when I picked him up has a sign of him having hook worms and apparently she knew this!!! SO BUYERS PLEASE BEWARE, DO RESEARCH ON YOUR BREEDERS, ASK FOR REFERENCES BEFORE YOU UP AND BUY OR TRAVEL HOURS TO PICK UP A PUP.

Comments

• Th
      17th of Apr, 2012

You should never accept a puppy that doesn't appear to be 100% healthy. Would you buy a car that has an undetermined engine issue as the seller assures you it just needs a tune-up? I wouldn't either.

The seller you bought from does sound pretty bad. There are so many bad breeders out there, it can be hard to know which one to choose. Like you said, you just have to do some research.

30th of Apr, 2012

Speaking on my behalf & my puppies
    This is how the story really went, this puppy was 100% weaned and eating on his own he was 2lbs when he left me, I sent food home that he ate. this puppy was stressed from being moved around, held etc. I warned her about coccidiosis. and how it is caused and what to look for. Yes she came to my shop and had 4 other puppies to choose from, she wanted him & he was 100% good to leave and was vet checked.
    He DID not have worms of any type. I have never had 1 case of hook worms at my shop in my dogs or puppies. I worm 2 weeks old then every two weeks and use 2 different wormers. And a cough ... never this is just crazy, you just never know about people!

I did drive to WVA and when I got there he was Ice cold & about dead. On this people can say whatever they want and make lies up as they go pretty sad.

I also offered her another puppy to cover my guarantee and she said she wanted one. After talking with my vet and describing what I saw I then would not give her a puppy until she was in her home .. not traveling back & forth { husband was starting new job} I learned from this yes, she had 3 small kids and I will not let another puppy leave that is 2lbs with a family with small kids.

30th of Apr, 2012

may I add why write this BS up 6 mths later... I bet it has to do with Farrah Chihuahuas, Lista Lucy Faircloth { AKA Voiceof theanimals} ... will they ever go away, sad they have nothing better to do

1st of May, 2012
    Best Best Advice

Nancy I still have the medicine that YOU sent home with me and my husband. You told me to give it to him for 7 days, once a day. So don't even go there with that. He was held alot because he liked to cuddle, of course, he was tiny living in a big world. The only thing you offered me was for another $150.00 I could have another pup but I don't have money laying around to just up and buy pups left and right. You might have never had one case of hook worms but thats what my vet told me after he checked twice. There is a first time for everything. The vet straight up told me that he would not live because he was too small. You also told me that he was NOT 100% weaned and that you haven't physically seen him eat, but you were sure that if I got him home away from him mom that he would start eating because he was still nursing off of her!! And I told you I didn't want another pup until we had moved, so it wasn't your decision it was mine. I do not have 3 children, I have 2. And my kids have nothing to do with this situation, its between me(buyer) and you(seller). And the only reason I am complaining now, is because you are going around telling your people that I KILLED this pup, now that has pissed me off, if I killed this pup I would have not been upset and crying the night you were down there, I would have been heartless and would have not cared. I just let the situation go, thinking that things happen for a reason, but I didn't know that you were going around telling people this stuff. I thought you were a better person than that. So do not bring my kids into this, all I am doing is complaining about how the situation was handled, on a person to person level...I thought you were nice, you seemed to care and you helped as much as you could being so far away but I didn't know you were degrading your buyers behind their back and thats what made me mad, if you had a concern with me you have my contact info...a phone call goes a long way.

• Vo
      5th of May, 2012

Well I see you are still up to your same selling habits Nancy! Lista is NOT behind any of these complaints!!For your information I am NOT LIsta Lucy either!!! LOL I am one of her Best friends! You are a poor excuse for the animal community!! All you do is Breed Breed Breed for Money Money Money!!! Face Facts! You just got caught once again selling your sick chihuahua's!! We were contacted about you once again selling a sick puppy!! I hope that this girl reports you to the authorities like Lista did !!! You need to never have access to animals again!!! Petshack Chihuahua's sells [censored]shack Chihuahua's!!! Leave her name out of your post or I will report you!!! Nevermind her!!

• Vi
      10th of Sep, 2012

I have a very healthy puppy from Nancy. She has excellent puppies. I bought a puppy from her from a buyer site, didnt know her or where the puppy was coming from, I want to sure about doing it that way but my aunt was terminally ill and fell in love with this puppies picture. When he arrived I was very pleased not only did he come in great condition he also came with toys and clothing (she knew he was coming to a cold climate). She also put in all his vac. records and her phone number. I called her right away and have been able to call her with any and all concerns I have (i have never had a chi before so it helps having her number). I don't understnd how these people can say these horrible things about her, and if this was true then she wouldnt have a business anymore. I SUPPORT Petshack Nancy 100%

10th of Sep, 2012

Tisk tisk tisk Jealousy will get you no where my friends! Blame the breeder always it is easy way out : ) I can take it you have been at this for 3 yrs now ...I know I have a large folder with your name on it, Just saying

Good day,
    Nancy White

• Ji
      10th of Sep, 2012

WATCH OUT!!! THE SNARKY BRENDA IS NEAR!!

11th of Sep, 2012

here are just a few of many!

{Name protected }
    11 hours ago · Unlike · 4
    {Name Protected} Our family has also had great dealings with Nancy and have great puppies from her..So far I have three family members with four of her pups !
    11 hours ago · Unlike · 4
    {Name Protected} I've known Nancy since she was a small child. You couldn't find a more honest and sincere person. Give her a break, she is just trying to make a honest living instead of sitting on her rear end collecting welfare like so many others.
    5 hours ago · Unlike · 2
    {Name Protected}Nothing but good things from me also.. I consider her a very close friend of mine & I have 2 of her pups with zero complaints ;-)
    2 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 1

the reason I have not posted names is I know these 3 people involved t posting these lies and know how they work they would attack each person here that posts in my defense .. and I can handle it been doing it for 3 yrs..lol they really need a life don't ya say! But I do not want them calling my friends/clients again like they did last year

11th of Sep, 2012

{NAME PROTECTED} I feel I need to respond to this posting about Nancy... I don’t know all that happened with this pup and can’t address this complaint about Nancy. I can only talk about my dealings with her. I contacted Nancy about a year ago interested in buying a few of her puppies to add to my breeding program. From day one she was kind and helpful and open and friendly and agreed to help me. I now have 4 of her puppies here in Canada and 2 more on their way soon. The pups I bought were wonderful, happy, healthy pups that are top quality. Nancy went out of her way to ship them to me. She had a long drive to the airport and never once complained or asked for any extra. She takes pride in her puppies and her treatment of others. She has been up front and honest and helpful with me. Please those of you who know Nancy and have her beautiful pups speak out in her defence. These breeders were once Nancy’s so called friend until they got what they wanted from her (her puppies) and now they want to hurt her. Nancy is a good breeder and an even a better person. She has helped so many of us over and over so we could have her puppies.. If you have one or more of Nancy’s puppies please leave a comment here to help Nancy to stop these people who want to hurt her. Nancy has become me friend and I feel the truth is not being told in this complaint, which is not something she would do… If any one of us was under attack Nancy would be the first person to stand in out defence.. She needs our help now...
    11 hours ago · Unlike · 4
    {NAME PROTECTED} Our family has also had great dealings with Nancy and have great puppies from her..So far I have three family members with four of her pups !
    11 hours ago · Unlike · 4
    {NAME PROTECTED} I've known Nancy since she was a small child. You couldn't find a more honest and sincere person. Give her a break, she is just trying to make a honest living instead of sitting on her rear end collecting welfare like so many others.
    5 hours ago · Unlike · 2
    {NAME PROTECTED} Nothing but good things from me also.. I consider her a very close friend of mine & I have 2 of her pups with zero complaints ;-)
    2 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 1

Names where protected for a reason I do not want these 3 girls to start on them on FB and they will I have been dealing with them for over 3 yrs . They will make personal phone calls, emails & texts ... they really need a life and do some help at local shelters, adult centers and leave me alone hopefully sooner then later.

23rd of Sep, 2012

Another complaint about this pet shop.She needs to be closed down.How can anyone take care of so many puppies, the place is a freaking puppy mill-Backyard breeder, look her up on Youtube.This woman is rediculous.Nasty place.

23rd of Sep, 2012

Nancys a wacko.Lista is sick, and does not have time for these stupid games.Go out and get a real job, Nancy.

Farrah you are now using my last name? Really ? You just are a stalker

Connie Strickland Shackelford
    I am Director of Community Development for the Town of Winnsboro, Petshack Northside has been an established business in our town for the past 7 yrs. She is one of our most ethical store owner in our downtown area. I have been in her shop many times and even seen her close her store to rush one of her babies to the local vet if there is an emergency. Winnsboro is proud to have Petshack Northside in our community.

24th of Sep, 2012

this is a post on Farrahs { bad report} that someone posted... so Farrah I mean really? Now you want to use my name

I hate to say it. But I dont even know Lista. Ive been informed about Farrah by numerous people. And none of it looks good. I was shown this site so I could read everything for myself. And when reading everything I notice the repition going on. Farrah constantly calls Lista and whoever else psycho and trolls ect. But what is really weird behaviour is her paranoid rants. Everyone that enters this topic now becomes a troll or Lista groupie. It doesnt take much to type in the word chihuahua and have this come up. And all the big bold words draws your etes right to BUYER BEWARE BACKYARD BREEDER. SO of course people are going to look and read. It caught my eye. And after scrolling thru peoples comments and seeing whateveryone says. Yes I do believe Lista and Farrah are liers. The difference being that Lista says things and forgets shes said them and come back many posts later saying she never did. That is her only fault. But Farrah goes on the attack and her attacks make me think shes off her rocker. Shes constantly swearing. Shes name calling and repeating herself all the time. If you cant figure out a better way to direct your anger perhaps you shouldnt be on here. Im 25 years old. And I dont go crazy and off the hook like this. You guys are supposed to be old ladies breeding dogs and are supposed to be reputable breeders. I use that term extrememly loosely with the posts ive read. You keep threatening each other saying your calling the cops or youre going to send someone to someones house. Posting peoples addresses on the net and personal private messages. YOU DO REALISE that a judge looking at this for evidence is going to think you guys are all on some type of drug. None of you are helping your cases what so ever. Its disgusting absolutely disgusting. Dealing with lawyers is business not some daycare play. None of you are taking this serious. If this lady is a backyard breeder instead of attacking her take all your proof and shut her down. Continuing to talk to her is not going to help you what so ever you are better preparing her defense. Oh and Farrah.. YOU coming back here saying shes lying shes lying shes lying isnt helping YOU either. Wheres your proof and better yet why are you posting things to help her attack you more. YOU beg her to leave you alone but you dont give her any reason what so ever to do so. You keep posting responses. A person cannot attack you and post about you if you dont put gas onto the fire now can they.

18th of Nov, 2012

Farrah how old are you? and you are going to become a mother you need to start acting like one !! Grow up and tend to your own affairs !

21st of Jan, 2013

If Petshack sold you a sickly pup why would you contact them for another pup? Your complaint doesn't hold water and makes no sense at all. It makes no sense to make such accusations about the first pup and then complain that they are not calling you back because you want to buy another pup! No logic and sounds like nonsense to me! I believe Petshack is a reputable, knowledgeable and responsible breeder and your complaint comes across as sour grapes!

• Ms
      21st of Jan, 2013

Sounds like someone forgot to take their lithium today! Nancy is a very reputable breeder. She takes excellent care of her animals! Crazy people will always be crazy and stalk people out of pure jealousy. my advice to you Farrah is to stop trying to live vicariously through nancy and get a life of your own! I sure feel bad for that baby thats coming! I know this is not my fight to fight but we are all sick and tired of hearing the name Farrah troutman!!! Leave Nancy alone already!

22nd of Nov, 2013

Farrah Troutman

Nov 19 (3 days ago)

to me
    Don't you dare ever say another [censored]g word my son you ugly old b****. Nobody is jealous of you (trust me on that one) they are all laughing at your silly ###. My puppies have more quality in one of their little toes then your ugly deer heads.

and this is the same person writing this complaint ... sounds like she is a bit jealous of my dogs . You really need a life

• Lu
      10th of Dec, 2013

I am no where near being jealous of your ugly dogs. A mutual friend of ours told me YOU were jealous of me and my dogs from the first time we met and you saw my dogs and puppies I had at the time. You started trying to use my males for stud (you did use one of them) then threw Diablo in there so there would be a merle and litter and you could say you didn't owe me anything. YOU Nancy are the jealous one

• Lu
      20th of Dec, 2013

Also I did NOT write this complaint and you know that Nancy White (Petshack Chihuahuas). One of your past buyer that you sold sick and unweaned pup to wrote this complaint.

20th of Dec, 2013

I did NOT write this complaint and you know that Nancy White (Petshack Chihuahuas). One of your past buyers that you sold sick and unweaned pup to wrote this complaint. There are also 5 other complaints on you posted by past buyers that got sick puppies from you.

• Ta
      5th of Feb, 2014

if you have something to say to me say it to my dam face you make me so sick ty tammy

• De
      11th of Mar, 2015

everyone should submit their complaints to the spca of winnsboro sc. also notify usda of this lady selling dogs site unseen, she tried to keep my deposit after her puppy died from bacteria so she said, , coccidia more like it, but i got it back from pay pal she is a crook, pure evil, i wont rest till you out of business, you will not continue to get away with killing them babies and collecting money, contact pay pal and report her they will give you back your money and she will lose her pay pal rights to accept money

• Te
      13th of Mar, 2015

Deedra she had parvo at her shop around the time your puppy died. I saw at 2 people post comments on her fan page about her selling them puppies with parvo and Nancy removed those comments within 30 mins. Don't try to lie about it either Nancy! I have the screen shots from those posts before you removed them. I also had some people message me about you selling them puppies with parvo. I can post screen shots of that as well.

• De
      13th of Mar, 2015

thanks so much i know she is a liar and i posted on her website she took it down also before i could screen shot it she thinks she is slick but god dont like ugly i got my deposit back from pay pal she is one sad, lonely greedy lady, hope that pos rot in hell