Personal Voice, Inc. / Beware

I received a charge of almost $30.00 from Personal voice Inc. on my AT&T telehone bill for which I never signed up for or authorized. when I called up to question them and to cancel, they said it was done on the internet. Which I do not recall doing. I believe they are connected to a "free stuff "website. I just received a letter they will only refund $12.95 as a "goodwill gesture" They stated their program was clearly explained and that indeed I authorized them for their service. I am a housewife and do nothing all day, what do I have to be reminded of.. Beware of this company, there are many complaints about them on, they have done the same thing to alot of people. By the way they are a voice reminder service.

Dr

Comments

• Ge
      25th of May, 2009
    Personal Voice, Inc. - Unauthorize charge
    Personal Voice, Inc.

I have tried for a good 6 months to have these charges cancelled. It is only 12.95
    but when you are on a fixed income, I have Parkinson Disease, . The cost for
    some of my medications are very high. I do not remember agreeing to take
    Personal Voice, Inc. I regrets that I will have to take legal action if this is
    not resolved.

• Ts
      3rd of Jul, 2011
    Personal Voice, Inc. - Billing scams
    Personal Voice, Inc.

I have recently been put in charge of reviewing billing charges in my company and have discovered that Personal Voice, Inc via Billing Resources has been billing my company's AT&T phone bill $12.95 a month for over 2 years now. These charges were never approved and the service(if they provide one) has never been used. I first tried to reach them by calling the number on my bill, for The Billing Resource, and was re-directed by voice recording to the number in Florida for Personal Voice Inc. This appeared to be a dead line which never rang or was answered. I have checked the internet trying to locate a contact number for them and have been unable to find any. This is outrageous!!! This company should be put out of business with the amount of complaints of fraud and scam like practices they are doing.

• Ir
      11th of Jul, 2011
    Personal Voice, Inc. - Unauthorize charge
    Personal Voice, Inc.

My mother who is 83 lives in a retirement community is unable to make her decisions which is why I am her POA for all matters. Persoanl Voice salesman charged her on her AT & T bill. ANy normal human could understand she doesn't comprehend things any more. How sad and sorry to do this to an old lady trying to exist on S.S. I am in the process of trying to get her a refund. I don't what can be done but this company needs to be stopped. If there is a legal way I am willing to fight them as far as it can go. Someone has to stop this kind of disgrace to our elderly.

• Al
      3rd of Nov, 2011

The same thing happened to my parents. They did not give authorization for this company to provide them with voice mail. They claimed that my Mother (who does not know how to operate or have access to the internet) signed up for Voice mail through the internet back in 2007. All this time (Jan 2007 - October 2011) the personal voice inc. co. has been charging my parents $12.95. I contacted AT&T and they agreed to reimburse my parents 6 months back and that we were responsible in contacting the personal voice inc. company to try to get the rest of the money back. Well after being hung up on and getting quite of bit of condescending responses back from personal voice I decided to contact as many of the investigative reporters in the Dallas Fort Worth Area and received a call back from one reporter. She decided to take the story. After being interviewed, My Dad and I are starting to feel like someone actually cares. I will get back to you with a little more information when the story actually airs.