Personal

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 by

receipt for a pie

Las Vegas, Nevada
I am writing to express my unhappiness while visiting your store in Henderson, NV on November 14th. I went to the store with a friend and her mom to pick up a pumpkin pie for my wife. She used her card to pay for the pie and after we paid, we went our separate ways. They were going home and I was going to pick up my wife from work. I stopped by the food court to get a snack and once I left, I was not allowed to leave because I did not have the receipt for the pie. My friends mom had the receipt and she was long gone by the time I was exiting the store. I tried to have the cashier verify the transaction but she couldn't remember me. They asked for my friends mom info but I didn't have any of that. It was made to be a big deal and all for a pie. I was embarrassed and couldn't believe that it became such a big deal. I understand policy and procedure but to go to such extremes for a pie. It saddens me because I was looking to become a member but after this, I will not be joining.
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Food

Comments

N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
It sounds like they gave you as many opportunities to prove your purchase that they had available. You do need to take some responsibility since you had almost no information at all. One pie may not seem like much, but one pie for many customers adds up fast. The majority of the irritation you feel should be directed towards shoplifters that ruin things for everyone else.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree