personal loans / Scammed

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

This company claims that they can give you a persoonal lloan.Being in a bad financial situation and wanting to come out of it, I fell for the scam.I am a former mortgage professional and had a gut feeling that it was a scam, but I was desperate.Bill collectors were knocking at the door and my wife of 18 years was losing sleep(you know the drill).These folks stated that they could help.So I sent them 6 monthly payment up front.They then stated that(because of the credit) I had to send 6 more payments.I sent that.I was beginning to get agitated.Every time I asked a question, they would get upset! Like I was the one that was not performing!If it were not sad, it would be funny!But they then came back and stated that I needed to have insurance(because of bad credit).Thats when I they up the BS flag! They claim that I can have my money back in 30 business days.
THEY ARE RUTHLESS! I will probably lose my home/car/everything and I told them this.I actually told them that if they could not do the loan to pass on it.Funny!BUt not so Funny

Comments

• Pu
      26th of Nov, 2007
    Private limited Co.
    India

Sir , I am Puneet Singh kalra LPDEL00002445244 , I Have been harrassed by ICICI Bank collection agencies from last 6 months . I Have closed the above loan A/c on 26/05/2006 by paying Rs46019/- . But still i am recieving nasty calls from agents and got a notice from some empannelled advocate . I am tired of showing every executive the original NOC and original reciepts .
    Please suggest on this painful experience .
    Regards
    Puneet Singh Kalra

• Re
      1st of Nov, 2008
    diamond lite finance investment
    Ohio

Has anybody ever heard of this company or the CEO Carl Thomas, they claim to offer unsecured loans with only the purchase of a insurance policy to cover the loan and they want the funds to them sent via western union before they will wire you your money

• Ay
      17th of Nov, 2008

I saw you comment on this site and would like to respond to it. I first say their mail on my inbox and responded after i have made payment for the insurance i received the documents and signed after a while my account was credited with the requested loan and i have made the first installment since i took the loan.

• Xx
      11th of Feb, 2009
    personal loans - Fraud
    Bangalore

personal and project industrial home education and all other types of requirements just call us we will be in touch with you. contact us on every business days.

Mobile : 9632598699 [Send Free SMS] Enter Your Message.
    [Max Limit 100]
    Your Name
    Your 10 Digit Mobile No.

Hi.. The above advertisement had come in the Times of India newspaper on 31-01-09. This is run by a fraud group and they ask you to deposit money and will never revert to you once money is deposited in their respective accounts. Kindly post ur comments if anybody has deposited money to these people and have not heard of them.

Also please guide me if you knwo any measures so that i can get back my money from these cheaters...

• Mi
      12th of Aug, 2009
    Silverwood financial services
    New Jersey

applied for a loan and was told to wire a sum of 800.00 to Calgary, Canada for collateral to a Pamela Ellis person not a business 1st flag. was told loan amount would be deposited in my account next business day. anyone looking this company sounds just like rivercrest financial who asked people to send money to canada and they never received loan was taken for money. BEware

• Ni
      19th of Aug, 2009

What number did you have for them? The number i had is no longer working. UGH. THey make me sick.

• Kk
      25th of Aug, 2009
    protected id management
    Dayton
    Ohio

i was trying to find a small loan & next thing i know these people had taken money from me --now i am in the hole for more than i was trying to borrow!! does anyone know who i e-mail for a refund??? THANK YOU (karenkeeney@ymail.com)

2nd of Sep, 2009

I am simply amazed that otherwise intelligent people would seek out these internet sites to borrow money.
    Have any of you EVER borrowed money and had to pay the first 6 payments up front before getting the loan?

Maybe you didn't know that if they request a money gram sent to Canada or any other country it is a DEFINITE SCAM.

It is a well known fact that money sent by money gram is NOT traceable and therefore NOT recoverable.

I am very sorry for your situation. They probably wanted you to send a money gram, didn't they?
    If they can get you to send them money the first time, they will then find other excuses to get you to send more money time after time until you smell a rat and then stop sending them money.

ALL internet loan companies are SCAMMERS. As a matter of fact, all internet ads are scams in one way or another.

Legitimate loan companies DO NOT require any payment up front to get the loan and there are NO legitimate loan companies on the internet.

Stay away from the so-called Google money making sites or ANY work at home sites, also. They, too, will scam you big time!

Forget class action lawsuits, the only winners there are the lawyers and the court systems.

4th of Oct, 2009
    Eastgate Lending Services
    Rochester
    Maine

Ben Davis of Eastgate Lending Service convinced me to send $1100 to a "Cerina Alicia Lee" of "Kingston, Jamaca" for I was promised a $7000 loan. They have all my banking info and a copy of my drivers licence. What do I do now?

5th of Oct, 2009

if u needed a loan why would u send them money that does not make sence think about it

5th of Oct, 2009

I might be wrong if the money comes through Tuesday oct 6, 2009 at 5pm I will update and help others rest assured their money may also be there.

10th of Oct, 2009

the money never came they are frauds. They have disconnected there number but their www.eastgatelending.com is still up.

• El
      10th of Oct, 2009

The same think almost happened to me..I was going to go through Vanguard Mutual Group.. if you go to www.hostingforyours.com you will see they have many web pages.. I called the atty. gen. in Michigan to see if they were legit. and they had no record of them..they told me to ask for their loan i.d. number.. i called them right back and they told me to get a lawyer to ask for it... yeah right... i told them they were a scam and hung up on them.. they guy i dealt with was named 'Ben Stenvens'

• Ti
      10th of Oct, 2009

Do you notice all these websites have the same tacky music that comes up. Isn't it illegal for people to put up websites that aren't legit? Shouldn't they have to register somewhere so it is not misleading? I mean I'm am surprised no one is fighting this issue somewhere in the world. This is so wrong. When you go into a business you usually see their certificate on the wall somewhere, if not you at least know where they are if they sell you something faulty. But this? Come on. The Government should have a department that specializes in researching all these "pseudo" companies.

• Kr
      19th of May, 2011
    Nedbank
    South Africa

I went into the branch and I applied for a personal loan. I provided all the necessary documentation and was informed that I actually qualify for more than what I actually requested. None the less I formalised the process and waited for the approval or so I thought. Two days later I received an SMS telling me my loan has been declined. Why? The person who did employment verification has been told that I am on a 8 year contract with the company. The loan payback time is 24 months and I still have 7 years of my contract to work for the company. Despite my disappointment I called the call centre and was kindly informed that even if I had a 20 year employment contract with the company they would not approved my loan. Reference for call 5144558; dated 19 May 2011.

Advice to the banks - hire people who can assist your clients not frustrate them. At the end of the day we are the reason you operate on a daily basis. My contact: 082 389 9978.
    Now can someone who has the intellect to assist with my problem kindly get in contact with me!!!