Peroutka & Peroutka / Illegal Practices

1 Review updated:

This is the type of firm that gives lawyers a bad name. They have filed false information to the District Court of Maryland. They claim that they served me with a Writ of Summons on a day that I was out town. The firm positions itself to look as though they are representing credit card companies and they are NOT. They purchase debts and then try to collect using the Maryland Courts as their partner. They file false claims in court!!In my opinion, this guy, Michael Peroutka is a real ###!

Please read about this guy at http://www.citypaper.com/news/story.asp?id=5324.

What a great guy huh?

Comments

• Ap
      Aug 18, 2010

They do work with clients such as capital one and hsbc bank. Some of the debts are purchased but when I talked to capital one they informed me that peroutka are their attorneys.

Sep 01, 2010

how can I find out how much the debt was purchased for if I have a collection agency trying to collect? Also, in the state of MD what exactly do they have to provide when I sent a Debt Validation letter to them within the 30 days?

Sep 01, 2010

Thank you for your reply.
    What constutes that the collection agency validated my request. I sent the validation letter certified. I received the green card back and also a letter from the collection agency stating:
    my name, acct number, my address, the original creditor name, oc address and the amount owed.
    IS that all they have to provide? Do I have to wait to go to court to have them pull specific info to prove it's my debt?

Sep 01, 2010

Do you know what the average amt is that most collectors in MD would pay to buy debt?

• To
      Oct 13, 2010

It is interesting that I have more than one company sending me demand letters saying that they have been assigned by Capital One to collect an alleged debt. I sent VOD letters to both, one never replied. The other one, Peroutka, sent some information back, but nothing that legally binds me to pay them. They did not send any document legally proving that Capital One has assigned them to collect this debt. They said all they need to do is send a letter from their office saying that this debt has been assigned to them. Well anyone can send that. All this is really confusing. Peroutka is taking me to court and right now I am thinking that I should go and get the facts about what is going on here.

Feb 10, 2011

Didn't Capital One receive bailout funding in 2009?