Peroutka & Peroutka, P.A / Uneccessary Garnishment

1 MD, United States Review updated:

Peroutka & Peroutka can suck a "D" and I hope they have irritable bowel syndrome. Not only did they deem themselves biblically righteous for garnishing my wages to the full extent of the law in the midst of a recession; they also are not fully reporting the amount of money taken so far in their garnishee papers they are sending me. No wonder they reportedly do over 3 million in wages for their firm.

Da

Comments

• Be
      5th of Apr, 2009

Dana
    I understand your outrage, believe me I do. However, your energy would be far more effective if you channel it into fighting against these companies in a more civilized manner. P&P is the attorney for companies like this. Granted they are the lowest form of humanity, but they are just the mouthpeice of a junk debt company. As I said, you can redirect your rage to make it more effective. For instance, you can take the particulars of the case, pick apart the legalities, and show others how to fight agaist these outrages. You can look into legal ways to fight these companies in a court of law. You may be able to sue the company that sued you, if they violated the law in doing so. Just because a judgment was granted does not mean that you have no more rights in this matter. You can motion the court to reopen the case under Maryland Rule: 3-535, if you find that there was any fraud, mistake, or irregularity. Judgments can be overturned. In fact, I am looking for people to share their case on my Blog http://blog.beatthedebtcollector.com/ This forum is for people who are sick and tired of these junk debt companies getting away with fraud, and the courts backing them in direct violation of the law.

• Zz
      7th of Sep, 2009

I'm having the same issues. I have not received any paperwork from Peroutka & Peroutka, P.A. in regards to how much I owe, the judgment from the courts, and I of the paperwork still have my old address on it. I haven’t lived there an over 20yers. I had my job send me copies of everything because I was so much in the dark. I notice that the courts granted $6014.23 org. amount, $37.89 interest at 10% from 8/19/2008 to 9/11/2008, $85.00 court cost, $902.13 attorney' fee and the total $7039.25. I'm looking at the letter that Peroutka & Peroutka, P.A. send to my employer and the amount is not correct. $7299.70 is the orig. amount, $47.67 interest, $6014.23 principal, $902.13 attorney fees, $95.00 Court cost. They're charging me an interest on payment allocation as well as the balance, so basically they're charging me interest twice on my balance every 2 weeks. I don't know what to do or who to contact in regards to this situation. Every time I tried to call the number on the letter that was send to my employer the lines are busy. Need Help!

9th of Sep, 2009

ZZR
    For your info I will post the main text of my last motion to vacate an illegally obtained judgment. The text is as follows.

DEFENDANTS MOTION FOR THE COURT
    TO EXAMINE THE PLAINTIFFS EVIDENCE

Now comes the Defendant to request that this court review this case under rule 3-535b for fraud Mistake and irregularity. The defendant specifically asks that the court examine the documents presented by the plaintiff at the original trial in 1999 and make a decision as to the verity and the admissibility of these documents as evidence. If the court finds these documents insufficient to support a judgment for the plaintiff, the defendant motions the court to vacate the judgment and dismiss the complaint with prejudice. The defendant requests this action, and states as follows:
    The documents presented to the court by Creditrust in the original trial were manufactured by the plaintiff in order to secure an illegitimate default judgment. The documents themselves are inconsistent, incomplete, and contradictory. These documents certainly do not prove the allegations of the original complaint, nor do they support a judgment for the plaintiff.
    The original complaint, exhibit A, makes several allegations that are not supported by any evidence. The evidence presented by the plaintiff does not support the facts of their case, or the allegations of the complaint. Nowhere does the evidence show that the defendant had any account with Nations Bank. Nor does the evidence show that the defendant purchased miscellaneous merchandise, services, or obtained cash advances from the alleged account. There is nothing in the alleged agreement that provides for reasonable attorneys fees or interest.
    The affidavit in support of the complaint, exhibit B, does not even testify to any of the allegations of the original complaint. In fact the affidavit claims that it was Creditrust, not Nations Bank, that advanced credit, or monies to the defendants. The affiant claims to have statements and documents to support his assertion that Creditrust advanced credit and monies to the defendant. However, the documents that are presented do not support this assertion.
    The account information hardcopy, exhibit C, was generated by Creditrust for their own purposes. All this document shows is that the plaintiff knew my name, address, and social security number. The account number and balance are arbitrary numbers pulled out of thin air. Anyone with a computer and printer can create these documents.
    The interest worksheet, exhibit D, is based on the figures in the above mentioned account information hardcopy and assumes facts not in evidence.
    The judgment, exhibit E, was granted on affidavit which falls under Rule 3-306 Judgment on affidavit. As this rule demands, the complaint was not supported by an affidavit showing that the plaintiff is entitled to this judgment as a matter of law. The affidavit was not made on the personal knowledge of anything pertaining to the original complaint. The affidavit did not set forth such facts as would be admissible in evidence. The affidavit was not accompanied by supporting documents or statements containing sufficient detail as to liability or damages. Because the claim was founded upon a note, security agreement, or other instrument, it should have been, but was not. accompanied by the original or a photocopy of the executed instrument. Because there was no written agreement proffered, the plaintiff failed even to prove that they were entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees or any of the interest that was claimed by them.

Wherefore the defendant asks this court to inspect these documents and determine that they are insufficient to sustain a judgment under rule 3-306 judgment on affidavit. I further ask that the court vacate this judgment and dismiss the complaint with prejudice based on the lack of evidence to sustain a judgment.

Respectfully Submitted

23rd of Nov, 2009

For the record
    This motion was granted. The judgment was vacated and the case was dismissed with prejudice. The judgment was entered in 1999 the garnishment was in Dec. 2007 and the case was dismissed Nov. 2009. I announce this without boasting, well, maybe a little boasting. I do want to encourage anyone who might be interested, that the wheels of justice may turn slow, but they do turn. I had to do a lot of research. I wrote many motions. Made many mistakes. But, what I learned was indispensable and will serve me for the rest of my life. I have to give a pitch for the pro se legal program that helped me learn to think according to the law. Check it out, you won't regret it. http://www.jurisdictionary.com/?refercode=ZK0001

• Mi
      5th of May, 2010

I'm guessing this crosses the bounds of legality. They (Peroutka & Peroutka) file a garnishment against me as well. The 1 page paper I received from the court (never received a notice about the court date or filing, just the judgment) did list what was being garnished... Turns out it was my bank account! However, and this is the legal line crossing (in my mind), I found out about it the day before, because I received an e-mail from my bank to fill out an online survey for the service I received from them the previous day.

As I had not been to my bank or called them, I became very concerned. I called my bank and my work to stop an automatic deposit that was scheduled for the next day. This timing tells me that they had been monitoring my bank account for some time and knew when the automatic deposits were scheduled (illegal? I assume so).

Needless to say, I had to change banks and now have to deal with calls from my previous bank for their legal fees in having to respond to Peroutka!

A couple of lessons learned with these ### - NEVER, EVER send them a check or anything with your banking information on it (including payments over the phone); they will go after you in court - and won't work out a realistic payment plan with them (I tired several times), work with the original lender if you can; if you receive anything from them regarding courts, get a lawyer or figure it out on your own, but go to court - do NOT let them get a judgment against you if you can help it. It's a lot harder to fight after the fact!

• Tw
      14th of Feb, 2018

@Mike Peroutka Oh they lied and said they served me at an address where I never lived. Better yet they had the case for 8 years as per their representative Kevin. Better yet they have no valid information on you and be reaching hard trying to get personal information to assign debts to you. They tried it with M&T Bank and I personally followed up on this after the brainiacs in HR just gave them my payroll information unsure of the legality of their decision. M&T Bank researched their records as well as contacting their legal department to determine (P&P's) authority to legally represent them which was a lie. They ambulance chase is mostly what they do. They are trying it again with a debt over 10 years old again. So HR at my job is on to the sham and they need to be exposed for their poorly executed steps to circumvent the law that is to govern them and us...ijs

• Br
      14th of Jun, 2010

they not only garnished my wages and my husbands but garnished every bank account we own...what wonderful people they are...i'm thinking bankruptcy so they dont get [censor], how do they expect people to survive...i give up at this point, just seems like it's never gonna end

• Kr
      12th of Jul, 2010

I'm fighting them now. I've been working with a debt consolidation company to settle my credit cards. One of them went to this company. Thing is, folks, I believe they purchase the debt from the credit card company for a lesser amount, then come after us for the full amount. Why? Because I had two cards with this company and Peroutka & Peroutka is after me for the smaller one. And they won't negotiate down. Even though they have worked with my debt consolidation company, they have gone ahead and garnished my wages. 25% each pay. I will most likely lose my house because one of my paychecks covers the house payment. I will not be able to pay my utilities or anything else with the second check. Not to mention no more food, no more medicine. I'm not sure what I am going to do. I am just tired of fighting.

• Un
      13th of Jul, 2010

i'm confused, if you pay for things without the money these people come and take your money. how can they do that this is outragous

• Se
      19th of Jul, 2010

I have been paying them for 3 years now 150 a month. the orignal bal was aprox 4300. last month I called for a pay off amount of 1500 from the current amount due 2300. They said no, 2000 ...When I told them I did not have 2000 but would continue to pay the agreed 150and I sent them an additional check for 1500 anyway... they sent the paper work for wage garnishment for the original amount owed. Not only did they garnish me but my husband as well. plus court costs which added another 1500.. how can this be legal when I kept my end of the deal to pay 150 a month and they can back out and sue anyway. They should be held accountable also.

• Zs
      13th of Aug, 2010

These NAZI's attached my little savings and left my family with nothing. I offerred to pay 20 per month, they wanted 150 per month. I told them I was ill and not working. they f*** me in the butt instead!!!

31st of Aug, 2010

I can't believe they think they are righteous humans or men of god, they are pure evil and beyond greedy. I actually went to the office to get an explanation why such righteous men make up a false address(it is lying)in order to obtain a judgement without the defendant's knowledge. Honestly, I wish the worst on those [censor], but I know that god will have his final justice on these deceiving hypocrites. Just for the record most of the office consists of 5 foot trool looking men that obviously are cowards and would be attracted to such a cowardly low life job of collecting debts they did not lend in the first place.

Hypocrites and so greedy they are evil and hellbound.

31st of Aug, 2010

I clearly know the bible testifies in many instances in regards to forgiving debts and debtors, they clearly are men of the devil using deception they are not of god.

They are very much false witnesses, total evil greedy hypocrites, how dare they mention reference to god, he has no favor on them, every penny they acquire through their deceptive practices is the work of the devil. '

31st of Aug, 2010

I'm actually surprised they are still alive, I thought someone would have cracked and kill them already, lol, wishful thinking. But then I realized good people even with the worst money problems aren't filled with the greed that petourka and petourka are, they really are sickening old men who will meet their maker and spend an eternity in hell for their hypocricy and deceitful practices that hurt people.

There deceptive practices sure could drive someone to temporary insanity, lol.

Hopefully sooner than later:)

31st of Aug, 2010

For the record I will never pay them, I will file for bankruptcy just to ensure they do not get money from me. I don't pay cockroaches.

31st of Aug, 2010

I would advise every person to stand up for their rights against this agency. Personally my father was an attorney and I know powerful attorney's, I really don't know the Petourka low life type lawyers. I know for sure my father would never have the evil heart to be a bill collector, or simply he wouldn't stoop so low.

31st of Aug, 2010

They did offer me a settlement for 80%, LOL, i LAUGHED MY PRETTY HEAD OFF, LOL, i WOULDN''T GIVE THEM 8%

80% FOR A DEBT THAT IS VERY CLOSE TO REACHING THE SOL, LOL, THEY REALLY ARE BLOODSUCKING GREEDY COCKROACHES!!!

31st of Aug, 2010

what a waste of a law degree, lol, you don't even need a high school diploma to be a bill collector.

oh and for the record, I am unable to correct a typo for there practices, I meant their, and I would hate to have my grammar judged by a low life bill collector, lol.

Seriously, 2 lawyers in my immediate family, I am so unfamiliar with such scummy lawyers as Peroutka and Perouka, It really made me think how lazy are these freaks,

then I realized these lazy freaks were in the legislature, lol, you know the ones that give themselves raises for working one fourth of a year, lol, sit around all day doing nothing sucking up tax payer money.

Laazy f>ckers, lol, it figures they would end up bill collectors in the end, lol.

I have zero respect for them, when you think about they never worked hard for anything or anyone, they are just bottom feeders.

• Bo
      7th of Oct, 2010

Look how indignant you people are that somebody thinks you should have to pay back money you owe. YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD PAY IT BACK. And theye the [censor]. What a sad, sad joke.

28th of Apr, 2017

@bobard Yes the law firm is unethical. They r ###

• Do
      22nd of Oct, 2010

I agree. There a [censor]. I am dealing with them myself personally. They are third party debt buyers who purchase the debt evidence pennies on the dollar from another debt buyer who also purchased pennies on the dollar. The original creditor already charged off the debt, reported a tax loss to the IRS and collected much of the money on an insurance claim. Therefore, the original creditor and the debt buyers are committing fraud.

Peroutka may parade around claiming to be morale people who love God and country. However, I believe that God Almighty would puke in their sight.

There are ways to beat them. However, it would be best for us to form an alliance to learn how. Anybody in?

If so, email me at deakah777@yahoo.com.

28th of Apr, 2017

@Don J Have u beat them yet?

• Bi