Perky Designs (PerkyDesigns.com) / PerkyDesigns.com is running a fraudulent business!

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Please be advised that Perky Designs (TX ) - www.perkydesigns.com is running a fraudulent business. They took my money (via online order) for a product that was NEVER received. When I tried to contact them (through their local law enforcement, the Better Business Bureau and many of their suppliers) I had no luck. They seem to have dropped off the face of the earth! VISA is now looking into it.

Lj

Comments

• St
      13th of Apr, 2007

This happened to me as well. It looks like such a legitimate company with a very big website and yet after I made my order, I realized there was no way of contacting them other than email. I did try to email them repeatedly and they did not respond. There was no way of tracking my order. The only email I ever received from them was an initial confirmation for my order and some email saying that they could not send me a sample of what I ordered. When I received my Visa bill I called the phone number on the bill and it sounded like a cell phone voice mailbox. I left a message and didn't hear back from them. Visa is now looking into it for me as well.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

• La
      18th of Apr, 2007

I ordered some address labels from Perky Designs back in February. When they didn't show up, I tried emailing, faxing and calling -- no response. Thank God I charged it. VISA took it off my bill and said they are investigating. Stay far away from this one.

18th of Apr, 2007

Hello,

We have replied to e mails as ones saved (with the internet e mail some get purged). Due to our 2 months off site was NOT to accept orders we were not aware of this until we returned and have been working feverishly to get back on track. Any & ALL orders not sent on time full refund has been given and or in process. We apologize for this yet with the online site not being set properly this was out of our control.

Perky Designs

• St
      22nd of Apr, 2007

It's very interesting that since I complained on this board I now received an email from perkydesigns.com yet before my complaint, my emails were ignored. They had even ignored the emails where I was able to check the status and I know they read them. They offered to either send out my purchase or refund me. I emailed them back and of course asked for my money to be refunded. In their email, my order was so important to them, yet they haven't read my reply. If I had asked for my purchase to be sent, I would not have received it in time for my event. My event is in exactly 6 days from today, could they have manufactured it, shipped it, and I receive it by then when they haven't even read my email yet. I think not! So I still don't trust this company.

• Mi
      28th of Apr, 2007

Perky Designs took my money and i got nothing, what a scam, to bad all you got was 12 dollars. You should be a shame of your self.

28th of Apr, 2007

Hello,

Yes as stated due to our 2 month out the reply system pulled e mails - and as stated the site was to be shut down - we were unaware it was not till we returned. Anyone that had any issue will be taken care of as any cc charges are 100% for the consumer. Its a shame that we were not aware of this, yet with the internet sometimes things do go wrong

Best wishes
    Perky Designs

• Re
      4th of May, 2007

My order was placed on march 3 2007 and i have yet to see any product or to hear from perky designs. i sincerely doubt that i will ever see the money that was promptly charged to my c/c.i guess we will see how sincere they really are about their error.

12th of May, 2007

I just placed an order on-line today with Perky Designs. I wrote to them immediately after, asking a few questions about my order--just wanting to make sure I placed my order right. Since there was no phone number, I had to order on-line and it worried me. Anyhow, I wrote them with some questions. Since earlier when I placed my order, I found the complaints about Perky Designs, and now I am very concerned that the same thing might happen to me (them taking the money, not responding to emails, and then not getting what you ordered). I hope so very badly, the same thing doesn't happen to me. They have such neat and cute products, I would just hate to have something like this happen yet again.

Wish me luck with my order, and I'll be sure and let everyone know how things go with it :)

~Jennifer

15th of May, 2007

I wrote a few days ago, and wanted to write again to update on my last letter. I have had a great experience so far with Perky Designs. I ordered a few things on line with a credit card, and also wrote an email immediately following, after I placed my order. I had gotten concerned that I didn't make myself clear in my instructions, and thought they might have been a tad confusing, so I wanted to make myself clear. Anyhow, after reading some of the horror stories on here, of orders being placed, and not hearing from this Co., and also not getting what they ordered, I was nervous about my order, and concerned that I too might have the same thing happen to me. Well, I am very happy to say that they responded to my email within a few short days of me sending it, and they made it very clear that they received my email. They also reassured me that they made my items just as I requested by my instructions. They also said they had already printed and shipped them as well. This was all about 2-3 days after I placed my order. So, as of right now, I'm extremely happy with Perky Designs. I will write once again letting you all know how I like the items I ordered, once I receive them. But for now, I am one happy customer.

Thank you.
    Jennifer

16th of May, 2007

I feel I must write one last time to explain how things went with my order at Perky Designs (I've already written twice before on here). I am so happy with Perky Designs. I had the best experience and am shocked that others did not. I just placed my order on Sat. May 12, 07. Today is Wed. May 16th and my order arrived this morning (I live in Las Vegas). I love everything I ordered and it was exactly what wanted. Plus it arrived just a few days after I placed my order, which to me was shocking.

I'm so sorry anyone has had a bad experience and not received what they ordered. It's so strange, since my experience with them was just so wonderful. Good luck to you and I hope you all get whatever you ordered or your money back.

Sincerely,
    Jennifer Seel

• Co
      17th of May, 2007

I placed an order with Perky Designs about a month ago and I was worried that I would not receive my labels after seeing this site. I just knew that I was scammed and so I let it go. However, I did receive my labels and I love them. Thank you so much Perky Designs. I love my labels and I love yours that arrived on the package. Every Knee Shall Bow... I will be doing business with you again!!!

31st of May, 2007

I placed my order with perkydesigns on March 12, and of course I have gotten nothing either. Today I emailed them (this is the 4th time!), and I called them 2 times and left a message (because it does sound like a cheap answering machine like the other person said). I have heard NOTHING and it is the end of May. I am going to put a complaint into better business bureau if I do not hear back from them today! This is rediculous and NOT a way to run a business. Someone from PerkyDesigns made a comment above saying that the web site was down for 2 months? I looked EVERYWHERE on that web site to find out if they were on vacation or not there, but it didn't say they were gone. Also, they should have all their messages on the answering machine, cheap or not. Thank God I didn't spend very much money.

3rd of Sep, 2007

I ordered from perky designed and got beautiful labels in about 10 days. I will use them again.

26th of Nov, 2007

Hello, Feel

I needed to post this again since time has passed and as far as we know all has been cleared up. As ANY and ALL customers that ordered during the 2 months were fully refunded.

Of course we could not answer emails or reply during that time since site was SUPPOSE to be fully shut down and we were not aware of it until we returned.

What a hard lesson learned to rely on web host to handle site to be out during the 2 months and no follow up.

Our sincere apologies.

13th of Dec, 2007

I posted a complaint in the end of May because I placed an order over 2 months before and got nothing. I have sense talked to them threw email, I have gotten my labels and love them. They were closed for a couple months and didn't get orders. Everyone makes mistakes and I don't think they will ever do that again. I'm sure next time they will have there "closed down" dates posted on at least their contact page. They have been trying real hard to correct any error that they have made, and I am happy now.
    I think they learned their lesson and they will make sure it is known when they are closed.

• Lo
      9th of Mar, 2008

We have always been delighted with our orders filled by PerkyDesigns.

• Su
      2nd of Apr, 2008

I have just received an email from Perky Designs and they explained to me that they were shut down for 2 months last year and they were told their website would be shut down, but they found out only after the 2 months that the site was never shut down as they requested. THIS COMPANY IS NOT FRAUDULENT. YOU CAN TRUST THEM. My orders are on their way and since they were a little backed up on their emails, the rep from their company has offered to refund my money and send my order. I expect them in a few days... This company is not fraudulent.

Susan P.
    Pittsburgh, PA

22nd of Apr, 2008

Unfortunately, I am also a victim of this company Perky Designs. I had ordered Stickers for my wedding favors on March 27th, 2008. Today is April 22, 2008 and after 4 email pleas with the company to at least respond that my order was received and on its way, still no response. I understand companies are overwhelmed by emails but in this world how could a company as "big" as perky designs be so behind and apologetic on complaints but still cause the same problems. Who doesn't have the decency to email back saying I am sorry I am a bit behind to give customers peace of mind. Now, 1 month before my wedding I have to spend more money on a rush order for other stickers from a more reliable company not to mention call my credit card company to despute the charge I already paid from Perky Designs. I hope you read this and more people read this and realize what a horrible company you are to put a bride through such a hassle/frustration before such an important time in my life.

Cheryl, NJ
    Order numbers:
    20080327:164714:24.228.83.64
    20080327:164406:24.228.83.64

• Ki
      26th of Apr, 2008

My goodness why is this site still up? I have had the same experience as Cheryl (above) and feel truly taken by this business. It seems that all of us have had the same thing happen:

An order placed
    A payment made
    A receipt mailed
    A follow up e-mail sent by me to them
    (I received a reply that it was on its way with apologies)
    No merchandise received

Perky Designs, if you are reading this, please be advised that you are fooling around with the wrong person. I will soon be a lawyer and am surrounded by them on a daily basis. We are looking into possible action.

29th of Apr, 2008

I also have had a problem with this company. I placed my order, my credit card was charged the very next day. If they are backed up they can at least say that on the web site. Three weeks later I still have nothing. What a bogus company.
    Joan- NJ