Performance Health USA / Sent product without permission!

P. O. Box 971090Orem, UT, United States Review updated:
4.7
Phone: 888-289-8740
When I was offered the free trial, I was told in no uncertain terms that only the shipping charges of 3.98 would be charged. I told them I didn't want them to send me anything unless and until I told them to. I was given assurances that that wouldn't happen. I got the free trial sample of 10 capsules and today I got a shipment of a whole bottle of 60 capsules which I am sure will show up on my credit card statement next month. Trying to find their website is an adventure. Calling the number on my credit card statement results in those frustrating busy signals. These people should not be allowed to practice business in this country. There are numerous complaints about this company on a website. How can a consumer get out of this nightmare?

Comments

Ro
  17th of Mar, 2008
I just received in the mail product that I did NOT order from this company as well and my credit card was charged $80. I called to complain and the customer service rep could not have been more rude to me. She continually interrupted me and would not answer any of my questions... DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!
  18th of Mar, 2008
I am going through the same thing. Now it seems like once they get your phonr # they wont pick up anymore. They took moneies out of my account with my say so then tell me that there's an 25% restocking fee for this!!! Now why would you charge me anything. I didn't give you permission.
Li
  21st of Mar, 2008
I also got suckered into a "free" trial over the phone. On that phone call I stated that I was not interested in any more product after the "free" bottle. I was told that there would be a link on the confirmation e-mail that I would be sent and I would only have to follow that link and I would not be shipped any further product. Well, there was no link and when I received the "free" bottle twelve days after the original phone call, I called to make sure no other charges would be put on my credit card, but, you guessed it, they already were. They charged my credit card two days before I even received the "free" bottle. What a racket!

Now I have to wait to recieve the shipment and return it unopened and I will be receive a credit, but it will take several weeks. It only takes them days to charge you, but several weeks to credit you. I can't believe they can get away with this.

I hope this saves somebody else from making the same mistake I did.
  31st of Mar, 2008
i was offered a trial of hoodi fen for only 3.97. i told them at this time that is all i was going to get. they also told me to go on line and cancel if i wanted to to make sure i dontget anything else i went to performance health usa and all i find iscomplaints of how evryone who did as i did had the same problem but cant through to them to cancel this now worries me and will never do anything like this again
Le
  14th of Apr, 2008
I am going to sen the supply back I have not ordered any more. Iam getting palpitatation and chest pain. So please stop this and give my mony back. Thanks Leela sebastian.
Ga
  14th of Apr, 2008
Today 4/14/08 I received a small package marked FCM via USPS First Class Mail with sender's marked as Performance Health USA, LLC, POBOx 971090, Orem, UT 84097. I immediately became suspicious and went directly to the unfinished similar bottle to confirm my hunch. Then I went to my computer to find more info about this company only to not only locate the identity of the company but the long list of complainants against the fraudulent practices of the company that chose to use my credit card without permission. (I will be at my bank first thing in the morning to change my current credit card number). That is the only recourse that will stop this unscrupulouse complaining in its tracts and save myself a lot of dollar headache.

Meanwhile I am taking this company to my local Consumer Affairs Office for appropriate official action.

Gabriel Adepoju
Ch
  25th of Apr, 2008
I ordered this product off of Oprah's web site. I always read the fine print and I can tell you it was not listed that I was signing up for automatic shipments. We finally got in touch with the company thanks to our credit card company and they said they would not issue a credit even if we returned the product.

I am turning this in to the Better Business Bureau.
Ro
  9th of Sep, 2008
Here is the information you are all looking for. The company you want to chase after is SUPPORT SERVICES OF UTAH and their offices are at 3549 North University Avenue, Suite 375, Provo, UT 84604. Their number is (818) 289-8740. This is the company that handles the billing. Back before they changed the (888) number to hang up on you and when they answered their calls, I got the legal company name and reserached it. They even have an ad on craigslist for hiring more scammers. I am going to keep callling and harrassing them to refund my money. You all can do the same~!
Mg
  9th of Sep, 2008
I also have been scammed by these people. I agreed to the free sample, but did not think long enough, and ended up giving them my credit card number supposedly to just pay for the freight of the free samples.

My credit card has now been charged with $185.00 + for items I did not authorize to be charged to my account.

I am going to cancel my current card and get a new number. But what a chore this is going to be to get my new number to places that should have it. I've learned my lesson the hard way.

I WILL NEVER ORDER ON LINE AGAIN.
Ca
  10th of Sep, 2008
I ORDERED A FREE 30 DAY SUPPLY OF ACAI, AND
THESE CLOWNS SENT A 5 DAY SUPPLY. THEN THEY
DEBITED MY ACCOUNT FOR $ 79.76 AND WHEN I COMPLAINED THEY SAID I WOULD HAVE TO SEND BACK THE NEXT SHIPMENT OF STUFF TO GET A REFUND. THEY HAVE MANY COMPLAINTS ON THE
"[redacted]" AND I REPORTED THEM TO THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, THE ATTORNEY
GENERAL OF FLORIDA, AND THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU . ALL OF YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME .
  10th of Sep, 2008
I agree with the previous complaints. This is Illegal! Why can't we stop them from doing this!
Di
  15th of Sep, 2008
I also fell for the free sample deal since then they send me a bigger Bottle ( sevings per container 30) no billing information in package, no Phone no. Address :Performance Health USA PO Box 971090 Orem, Ut. 84097. Send it back with notice to discontinue. Now I just received a new bottle with no billing information, just got of the phone (411) no phone no. available, suggested to check with you folks which I am doing now.I am not aware that I gave them a credit card no. What can I do now? thank you Dieter H. Phoenix 760-439-2444
Ju
  18th of Sep, 2008
I also asked for the free trial pay only post. Guess what!!! i was charge for a bottle on my credit card that i did authorized. Can we report this to B.B.B and Att. General...
Pa
  18th of Sep, 2008
My complaint is the same ordered trial and was sent orders i did not want I sent them back but am being billed thank you for the info oon support services of utah.. Patricia
Ir
  2nd of Oct, 2008
I just got the second bottle which I did not order. I only agreed to pay for shipping on the free sample. I just called my credit card company about the charge for the last bottle. What can be done to stop this. ...Iris
Da
  3rd of Oct, 2008
Go to this link

Read the terms. You had agreed to receive further bottles when you asked for the free sample.

You can return within 30 days, receive credit and also cancel.

I also got the free sample and extra bottle. I'm returning mine. Hope it works
Da
  5th of Oct, 2008
When you signed up for the free sample, you enlisted in a monthly delivery plan. The terms and conditions link is on the webpage but most people would not even look at it. I missed reading it, I was automatically mailed the monthly supply, and also charges were posted on my credit card.

The webpage for the terms and conditions:

There is a cancellation clause and return policy, read them carefully

I believe you can return the product and get a refund, but the wording is a bit tricky so I’m not so sure. I’m going to try it.

The website for cancellation is:

You will need your email or credit card to cancel

I guess it is not a scam but more like a trap

Good Luck
Su
  9th of Oct, 2008
Ordered trial amount and told that I would be charge $3.++. But have been charged several months while on vacation. I guess that the only way to stop the charges is to cancel the credit card.
Lu
  10th of Oct, 2008
I also received a call from a male who touted the benefits from these supplements. Several weeks after I received the free sample, wit the exception of the shipping and handling fees. I received a package for more supplements. The package did not contain an invoice. I immediately called my credit card company to dispute the charges. I also contacted the
Better Business Burea in Utah and made a complaint. Though the US Post Office, I sent the supplements back with a letter to the PO Box in Utah. I sent a copy of the letter to the BBB.
Today, I received two emails: one informed me that they cancelled my subcription (which I had never approved!), and the second one informed me that they were refunding me back my money ($79.76) to me within 45 days, advising me not to seek a refund from my credit company, as it would "create increased difficulty in processing your refund". I will still pursue the refund from my credit company, as I do not have faith in this company anymore. Good luck to the rest of you.
Me
  10th of Oct, 2008
I JUST EXPERIENCED THE SAME THING. I ORDERED A SAMPLE BOTTLE, 4 DAYS LATER THER WAS A CHARGE OF $ 79.99. FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DON'T KNOW, YOU CAN CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND FILE A DISPUTE AGAINST THE COMPANY FOR THE SECOND CHARGE. PLEASE !! PLEASE !! DO NOT OPEN THE SECOND BOTTLE AS YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THAT BOTTLE. THE FIRST BOTTLE IS A TRIAL, THE SECOND ONE IS FOR THE FOLLOWING MONTH. THERE CUSTOMER RELATIONS DEPARTMENT IS A JOKE, YES A JOKE. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT DARE TO ENTER THE DEN OF DARKNESS