Performance Center / Fraud and scam

1 1731 KaiserIrvine, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-883-6437

Some of their written policies from http://www.performancecenter.com/help/

'Items that are in stock in our warehouse usually ship the same business day. Items that are out of stock usually ship within the time quoted at checkout. If immediate availability is a concern, please call and we will stock-check the item at the manufacturer.' The also claim 'Fast and Reliable shipping with Fedex.'

None of these statements were true when I placed my order over the web. Web ordered part was not in stock. Merchant never told me that fact at checkout as it is stated in their policy. Merchant notified me by a 'status update email' a day after I placed the order that shipping will be delayed by 2 weeks. I called in and promptly canceled the order and got the parts right away locally. Instead if canceling it, the merchant decided to ship the product on the following day. Returned parts to merchant. Merchant refused refund and now playing dead by not responding to inquiries. Scammers, avoid them at all cost.

Va

Comments

20th of Nov, 2008
    Performance Center - Got everything but the front rotors
    performance center wholesales
    Irvine
    Phone: 800-883-6437
    performancecenter.com

I bought, front and rear brembo rotors and hawk series brake pads, i received everything within a month besides the front rotors. I called back numerous times and have recieved 5 emails of pushing back the date that it was being shipped with the last one being october 22, 2008. Now there phones are always in a loop of please call back during regular working hours or leaving voicemails. Nobody responds to the emails anymore and i have left a message for the ceo himself, tony savasta. Do not buy from these guys, they do not follow through with there business. Do a search in bbb before you buy from a company online. These guys have been doing this for a while before i made my orders.

• Sd
      23rd of Nov, 2008
    Performance Center - Backorder B.S.
    performance center
    performancecenter.com

On July 7 2008 I orderded online a Jet performance chip for my 2000 s-10 truck . I recieved a e-mail confirmation, and my credit card was PROMPTLY CHARGED . Then it all started first was a e-mail to let me know my part was on backorder The new shipping date came and went NOTHING after several attempts I finally talked to a person who really could'nt tell me much except it was backorderd AGAIN but I should wait so I don't lose my place in the wait for this high demand part. Now its Nov.23 2008 and I can't even get a e-mail or a person to answer my call to tell me IF OR WHEN I MAY OR MAYNOT get my part NO COMMUNICATION, WHAT THE HECK!!! B.S. If I get my part I promice I will never do anything with Performance center again WHY is this so hard

• Me
      25th of Nov, 2008

I too got ripped off by Performance Center. An ex-employee says that they shut the doors on 10/15/2008 and that the president Tony Savasta is the drummer of an Ac/Dc cover band..http://www.ac-dctribute.com

• Sd
      15th of Jan, 2009
    Performance Center - Backorder B.S.
    performance center
    Irvine
    Phone: 800883-6437
    performancecenter.com

I placed a order on 7-7-08 for a Jet performance module my credit card was chagred the full amount on 7-9-08 days later I recieved a e-mail that my part was on back order this went for months, I have been unable to make any contact with them . Finally after contacting another supplier I found that they are out of business, and I am out my money, and still no part Ijust want my money back I have all the paper work to show my order was placed

• Sh
      5th of Mar, 2009
    St.Paul
    Alberta
    Canada

are we going to be done with this we all got scammed theres nothing we can do about it as far as the goverenment knows they dont even exsist anymore

23rd of Jul, 2009
    Performance Center
    performancecenter.com

This company has had an order from them pending for 20 days. I have called 25 times! and left 8 emails and they are never there and have never returned any of my communications. Used to be a great company. Dont touch them now.

• Fe
      14th of Mar, 2013
    Performance Center
    2014 Gordon Hwy
    Augusta
    Georgia

Sent vehicle in for repair, basically to put in intake gasket.
    A week later was told a tiny washer somehow fell into the intake, mucking up the valves. Wanted me to purchase one of *their* motors (which according to a friend of mine who had a engine replaced during the time my car was at this shop, was sold a oil leaking/bad motor and they won't fix it). So I brought in my engine, heard it ran, so I know it works!

Motor was installed. The engine ran for a few minutes but locked up.

When I came back to investigate, one of the repair men slipped up and said, "Didn't check it for oil, he cranked it up, it ran and locked up! We looked to see what was wrong, a big oil leak was on the ground!"

Another worker said, "I won't work on this kind of car again! I didn't know I had to remove the steering knuckling to get the engine out! Hey buy one of our motors!"

IN other words they NEVER WORKED ON THIS KIND OF CAR BEFORE!
    Moreover WHO RUNS A MOTOR WITHOUT CHECKING THE OIL FIRST?!!

The car sat, admittedly until I could try to fish another engine. The repair shop's owner called threatening to junk the car if I don't pay for the "repair". I negotiated on half that amount and went to pick up my car.

The windshield was now busted, wires torn under the dash, motor in a million pieces, it would cost way too much to put back together. In short I had to scrap the poor thing.

MIND YOU there is NO sign posted "We're not responsible for the items in your car" or anything in that nature. I took pictures of everything, even proof of the lack of aforementioned sign and it can be found on cardomain dot com. Look up "Panther" in my town. Even have videos on Youtube showing the car running before the intake was taken off. No smoke, no rattle; purred like a kitten.

Also if you are a car repair man and never worked on a particular car, PLEASE do us car owners a favor and turn us down instead of destroying our cars. I'd rather for the repair men to say, "We never worked on that type of car before" so I can take my business somewhere else.

Every so often a new flock of torn up cars appear in their front yard, all needing a new motor. A coincidence? I think not.

But if you need muffler service? Its the place to go!