Perfomance Health USA, LLC / Did not order product and was billed

1 PO Box 971090Orem, UT, United States Review updated:

I ordered a "free" sample of the Pure AcaiBerryfor which I paid shipping and handling. I never authorized any future purchases. Today, I received a bottle of PureAcaiBerry (60 capsules) for which I was automatically charged $79.95 on my credit card.

Comments

• Tr
      8th of Aug, 2008

I ordered the sample too, but there are "Terms & Conditions" you may have not read. You have to cancel within 10 days of the initial order or they automatically bill you. When I went to cancel mine, I got an offer to reduce my price to $19.95, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Maybe the sample acai didn't have enough time to fully work in my body, and I could handle $19.95. However, no email confirmation was ever sent to me. So when I got my bank statement, I was charged the full $74.95. I called the company and according to them, I didn't try to cancel within the 10 days. They didn't have a date in their computer saying when I did it either, but said if I had done it within the 10 days, it would have taken affect, and there was nothing they could do now. I don't know exactly when I got the new price, but I'm not the type of person that would let something like that go beyond a cancellation date. So I'm stuck with that charge b/c I opened the bottle.
    If you have not opened your bottle, here's the good news. You can send it back if when you ordered the sample, it wasn't over 30 days ago. You can go the website (continue to read) and get the address for that. Here is how you cancel. Go to www.pureacaiberries.com, scroll all the way to the bottom and click 'unsubscribe'. YOu will have to enter your email address, and it will offer you the $19.95 bargain. Just click cancel and everything should work. I actually cancelled on the phone when I called to complain about my order, and got a cancellation #, so that may be better. There phone # is 888-289-8740. Hope it all works out for you.

13th of Aug, 2008

Disgrace! What a rip off! I also made the mistake of ordering a free sample. I will fight the 79.95 charged to my cre.cd. You can't do this to innocent people.

13th of Aug, 2008

Please help me to unsubscribe!! I will contest any charges on my credit card other than the original shipping charges. I will never order anything on line again. What a dis-service you have done to your whole industry. I am sending all my info to the attorney general of my state.

RE:unsubscribe
    all info tells you to scroll to bottom of page and check unsubscribe. Well, its just not there! I called the 888-289-8740 number but was referred back to the web site. I don't know what to do at this point.

• Ka
      13th of Aug, 2008

I fell for the Pure Acai Berry product scam that is being conducted through a company by the name of Performance Health USA, LLC. I spent 3 hours on the phone and internet trying in vain to cancel my free trial subscription. After several disconnected phone numbers and dead end websites I finally spoke to a supposed manager by the name of Tom (801-208-7490) He informed me that my name was not in his database and that I had to call this number (866-440-7533) to unsubscribe. When I called I spoke with Tony who informed me that his company does not sell the Pure Acai Berry product. In fact his company (I Win Herbal) sells the Acai Cleanse 300 product, and he knew nothing about the Pure Acai Berry product. So I call back Tom and of course am on hold as the 101st person in line to speak with a representative. After about 5 minutes I am given an option to leave a message and I did with my contact information and purpose for calling.
    Then I went back online and found another website www.pureacaiberries.com and scrolled down to the bottom to the unsubscribe link. I entered my email and was promised that the auto shipment would cease. I then sent a contact email to the company demanding to cancel the subscription.
    I still don't trust that my subscription will be cancelled so I am also going to report my credit card as being lost, thereby stopping any further charges to my bank account.

I suggest that we start a class action lawsuit, these are easy to start and will have a great impact to this scamming company.

By the way I came across some personal contact information for York and Matt Galland whom are said to be the managers of Performance Health USA, LLC. I contacted Matt (801-235-0815) who lied, and was horrible at it (don't try to lie to a psychologist), and said he didn't know the company but did have a brother named York. He declined to give me any contact information for his brother. I found a comment on this site given by Courteney that states not to contact Matt that he is not involved in this scam.

Here is an email that I also came across york@residentmap.com

Let's all ban together and fight this company for scamming us out of tens of thousands of dollars. Hopefully we can keep them from frauding others.

By the way fraud is a criminal charge punishible with jail time.

Thanks!

Katherine

• Bo
      14th of Aug, 2008

I too paid the s&h for the 5 day bottle. Today I received an solicited 60 count bottle in the mail. Count me in any class action suit against these shysters!

• Bo

It should be Unsolicited bottle - BM

14th of Aug, 2008

Thank God for websites like these ! I was tempted to get the free sample but thought to check out the online reviews first as i had previously ordered things and got charged and charged and charged. I found everyone complaining about the " if you don't cancel within 3 seconds of receipt of the order..." crap and now I know! I think it is the only way to prevent getting caught up in these scams: check out what people are saying online.

• Iv
      15th of Aug, 2008

I ordered the sample and then received the 60 tablet bottle. The same as all of those above. I have not opened either bottle. Should I spend the postage and return or just lick my wounds?

• Ro
      18th of Aug, 2008

please return my $74.95, i never order anything but the sample, for S@H. i don't want your product, and just remove my name and DO NOT USE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER AGAIN. i did recieved addtional supplements from you, which iwould gladly return. i have call my credit card company, and informed them, also if you don't return my money, I WILL USE WHATEVER LOCAL OR STATE, OR FEDERAL AGENICES TO MY ADVANTAGE, YOU ARE A RIP OFF COMPANY PREYING ON SENIOR CITIZENS. SHAME ON YOU!!! I DID NOT ORDER ANYTHING BUT THE SAMPLE, PLEASE AKNOWLEDGE THE RETURN OF MY FUNDS.

• Be
      21st of Aug, 2008

Pretty disgusting and deceiving. No where do they tell you they are signing you up for a monthly order of $74.95. I am calling my bank in the morning to see how to fight this. If I have to I will cancel my credit card.

• We
      21st of Aug, 2008

I feel so stupid for falling for these people. I just got my visa statement with the74.95 charge. I immediately called the company and got a recording then went to the nonexixtant website. The next step was to contact my credit card company and they were so helpful. They immediately deleted the charge and they will be filing charges themselves...what a relief so I hope this is helpful to you.

• Re
      22nd of Aug, 2008

I need to cancel the subscription of the PureAcaiBerry due to not wanting it anymore. I'm really hoping that I'm within the 10 days. Please let me know as soon as possible because I was charged the $75 something and I can't afford it. Thank you for your promptness in this matter.

• Sh
      23rd of Aug, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I called credit card co, & let them handle it. I used a virtual account number that is supposed to be good for one transaction only, so its their problem. The Acai Berry Company will not be able to use it again. Count me in for class action suit.

• Al
      25th of Aug, 2008

I too bought the sample bottle and was charged the $74.96. I canclled my depit card today so they cannot recharge the account. I will join any class action that is started!

• Df
      25th of Aug, 2008

What a scam...I called several phone numbers to try to cancel and never got to a real person...just lots of time on hold. I plan on canceling my credit card so no further charges are made. I could kick myself for getting dupped like this!! I will join a class action suit if it is started. Just a thought...no one should injest these capsules we all got, who knows what is in them!!!

• Co
      25th of Aug, 2008

i too got ripped off by ordering a free sample and charged 77.00, now i can"t get a hold of them if they were a good company they would be easy to get in touch with i am sick of all the scams and ready to smash my computer!! or THE SCAMMERS!!IM READY TO SUE BUT YA HAVE TO FIND THEM FIRST connie reams

• Co
      25th of Aug, 2008

another company is ID THEFT PROTECTION i was applying to something else and that site poped up and i clicked on thedecline box they charged my account 33.00 and would continue but i cancelled my card they took my information from the other site and used it SO BE CAREFULL WHAT YOU DO

• Do
      25th of Aug, 2008

I ordered a free sample of PureAcaiBerry I paid $4.95 for shipping. They sent me another bottle which I did not send for and charged my account for $74.95. I have been trying tyo reach them all day and they will not answer their phone. Please advise I cannot aford $74.95.

Should I send the bottle back to them?

26th of Aug, 2008

I order sample free and paid shipping & handling 4.95 Then I rec big bottle and was charged 79.95 and 5.95 shipping and hndling I returned bottle with note and was refunded the 79.95 but not he 5.95 and now they have charged me another 5.95 and I called and they said could not refund or give credit because I agreed I did not agree and want my money back this is a rip off if there ever was one