Perfect Uninstaller / Overcharged/Didn't work

1 Yarra Glen, Victoria, Australia Review updated:

I had to uninstall some software that windoes wouldn't. Found this company on the internet - Perfect Uninstaller and it said FREE! download. Downloaded, ran the scan, selected the program I wanted to remove and I then was prompted to register. I go through fill in various details. NO MENTION OF MONEY. OK cool! Hit the submit button and it has a bit about $8. Well Ok then. Fill in credit card details - submit - THEN IT TELLS ME $79. After I've paid! I am angry. OH WELL - I really need to remove this program, so I can re-install. I check my e-mail there's the activation code. Copy and paste. Run the bloody thing. Oh good it's done. Check the Program Files folder. It's still there. Check Windows - uninstall programs - it's still listed! Go to Perfect Uninstaller's website - I eventually find tech support. Fire off an e-mail. Go to Safecart.com as I've received an e-mail from them re. the bill. I eventually find a phone # - ring the number. My phone provider says - no such number. Well then I realise I've been well and truly ripped off! I've rung the bank and will persue these people with a vengance. Now I am really upset because I don't have a lot of money and for these people to operate a business like this is wrong.

Comments

• Fa
      10th of Sep, 2009

Should you even be using a computer if you'd fall for one of those 'free software' downloads that are either a SCAM or a VIRUS?

18th of Sep, 2009

SafeCart.com to their credit refunfed my money so I withdraw any and all complaints against them

9th of Nov, 2009

Good to know, I'll never download the program and lost time...Mariott

9th of Nov, 2009

Thanks for letting me know you save me a lot of time...Marriot

• Wi
      1st of Feb, 2010

I purchased perfect uninstaller last week and cannot log on to your site keep getting a invalid ser# responce ser#pu1cd-43m1t-e2f7c-f88dh bank order#5hce48jn.

• Wi