Perfect OptimizerNo support or refund

1 Review updated:

I found that perfect optimizer had great ratings and looked as though to be the real deal. Well I bought my computer 3 months ago and wanted something that will keep it going at top speed. Long story short I bought the Perfect optimizer $60. I scanned my computer and it found over 1000 problems. I hit the only option it had (Fix All). after it finished I clicked on my internet and it could not find any address's at all. I restarted and my computer froze up to a screen saying there were to many problems that windows could not fix to continue, I had to restart using a save from a previous date to get my computer to work. After it restarted I have nothing but errors popping up everywhere. They have a live 24/7 support team that apparently is not there 24/6 because I can never get ahold of anyone. I sent a e-mail to there tech department and got a 2 line response saying they need more info. I sent more info and asked nicely for my money back. They say they have a 30 day money back guarantee. It has been 5 days and no response. I finnaly got ahold of the live support and asked for a phone number or contact info and they asked why and I told them I wanted my money back that the program has been deleated less then 24 hours after I bought it and it messed up my computer and he said to take a picture of our conversation and send it to tech support. I told him I told them the problem already and he went ahead and said that he took a pic and sent it to them for me that they will be back to me in 24 hours or less. I told him I simply just want my money back and he then got rude and disconnected the live chat. I still have not heard back from anyone and it has been almost 6 days since I bought it. I do not recommend this to anyone they are a scam and do not do anything they say they will do.

More Perfect Optimizer Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Pi
      Dec 30, 2008

Yes, "Perfect Optimizer" is pure garbage. I downloaded the free trial on December 15th and it found about 3000 plus errors on my computer. So, I purchased the full version, aps $45.00, so the program could "fix" my computer. Well, the registration (serial) number they provided me was absolutely bogus. I attempted to copy and paste the registration code and was provided with an invalid registration code error message. I tried several times but with no success. So, I contacted their help center. What a joke. I sent to online messages, but received no response.

But, to make matters worse. The program ultimately slowed then froze my computer. I tried to remove the program from my computer. But, Perfect Optimizer is a sneaky program. At first, it appeared to be gone. It was off my desktop and off my start up menu. But, the program had a back door. Every time I restarted my computer Perfect Optimizer popped up. Ultimately, I had to run a search on my computer. The program had imbedded itself in several folders (apx 6) on my harddrive. It took me several hours to find each folder and manually delete their program.

In short, a waste of money, criminal because it won't go away and they steal your money.

• Mo
      Jan 12, 2009

pontiacman,

I have the identical experience on my Windows XP, I was able to to register.

I bought the (3) License Deal $59. 66, Lifetime Lincese and Extended Download.

The program not only slowed down XP it has destroyed all Microsoft Applications, and Internet Browsing ability. I need to type in website links on the address bar, I can not click on Internet Explorer or Mozilla and it also freezes my computer. I have not tried to remove the program from my computer. I appreciate the "heads up" on the sneaky program that Perfect Optimizer is.

I have contacted my credit card company to refute the charge.

• So
      Jan 26, 2009

I asolutely HATE Perfect Optimizer! What a scam...what a joke...what a nightmare. I have had the same issues. This stupid program screwed up my computer so bad...I literay had to buy a new one. I have emailed and emailed this company tryting to get a refund. No go...they won't even respond to emails now.

In short...Steer clear of this product and company. All you end up with is a broken slow computer and no chance of ever getting a refund!!!

•   Feb 09, 2009

That is strange that nobody cant get a hold of the company Perfect Optimizer..? Did anyone ever get the phone number to this company.. I allso paid $59.66 for this program but i had not exspirence of any problems yet And I also had 1000 errors... some time a virus or registry error can mess a computer up so much its unfixable through the best programs thats out there... I have to do more research on this matter... Maybee after my 30 day is up, my computer will mess up ????

Feb 11, 2009

I tried to get ahold of them but they don't have a phone number. There is one number and it's in china and when I tried to get ahold of them the number would not work for me. I asked on live support for a phone number and he would not give me one he just said that there support team would get ahold of me through e-mail. They contacted me asking me what my problem was. I answered the e-mail with all of the problems I had. Well eather someone is really dumb or they just keep sending a automated response back because the e-mail I got back was the same one they origanally sent asking what my problem was. Im glad it's working for you but be warned that if something goes wrong you will have no e-mail or live chat support and NO CHANCE at getting your money back.

• Mo
      Feb 12, 2009

I've email then numerus time to ask them if I have to have another virus protection program other than perfect optimizer and get no reply, its been 3 weeks now and still no reply... I have a web site to go to and report suspected scams and it is http://www.ic3.gov/contact/default.aspx copy this url to report... maybee they will get theres if many people report this and investigate this matter...!

•   Feb 16, 2009

I've contacted Clickbank for a full refund on Perfect Optimizer... They said it will be 4-6 week to recieve it back into my account, "Will see" ??? It took me a week and half for somebody to reply to my Emails for questions. I starting to have problems with my computer that never has happend before, very strange.. I know this because I am very computer savy, I know my computer... Pontiaman you are rite, it is threw a third party, you cant contact the company. On my last post is a web site for reporting scams. I hope it will useful to others...

They said I dont have to have another protection program other than Perfect Optimizer, that it will stop all worms and viruses.. My computer is saying its not protected and the sheild keeps popping up resaulting in downloading free Avg program... I should have got the Avg program instead!!! I will learn by my mistakes.

• Sn
      Mar 05, 2009

I bought this crappy program...it deleted ALL my files..had to take it to the shop and get a complete reformat done...DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS... I have tried repeatedly to get a refund...I guess it's hopeless, I am out 50 bucks.

May 08, 2009

It works fine on my computer and I like it.

• Pe
      May 08, 2009

Hello everyone here,

Thanks for your support our Perfect Optimizer. Here we will give an explanation to your complaints.

To Mr. pontiacman,
    1. Can’t find address on your internet.
    It is because that you use Evidence Cleaner to clean cookies. The Evidence Cleaner is used to clean your browser history and protect your personal information like username, password, bank accounts etc. For your privacy security concerned, we recommend that you use it, though you need to re-type them when you want to login next time.
    2. Refund issue.
    We will refund our users if they ask for. It will reach you within 5 business day.

To Mr. Pissed Off,
    Registration issue
    There are 2 possible reasons why you can’t register:
    1. You typed wrong serial number. We recommend that you copy first and paste it to register.
    2. Invalid. As you said it is one-month period, so if it is over 1 month, it will become invalid. Now we suggest that you use other serial number to activate the software.

To Mrs. Mari Hedberg,

To Mrs. South Texas,
    We will refund everyone if they ask for a refund by giving us a reasonable reason. We don’t know which functions you used when the problems happened. But we suggest that you upgrade your hardware, too.

To Mr. Monty,
    Good to hear that Perfect Optimizer works fine on your computer. These 2 months we will update it to version 5.0 with a new look and more functions and it will have about 45 functions this year. Please update it to enjoy latest technology. For your other 2 questions, we would like to say that you can have some antivirus software. And you can email us all the problems you encountered on your computer. We will do our best to help you solve them.

To Mrs. Snowbirdmo62,
    We don’t know which functions you used when you have this problem, it can fix registry errors and remove junk files. If you have any problem, you can contact us first and also we will do our best to help you.

To Mr. neailee,
    Thanks for your support. You can update it regularly.

We will do our best to help you and provide high quality software.

Best Wishes,

Perfect Optimizer Support Team
    www.perfectoptimizer.com

• Ad
      May 14, 2009

Lol you guys don't know anything about computers? I debugged the program and found out that sometimes it says '1000' errors when it is only 50... this is pure crap*

To fix the browser problem I recommend that you download a Registry Repairer or find a registry backup to use.

May 23, 2009

Wow.. Im at a loss of words I sent honestly about 30 e-mails to perfect optimizer for a refund. I even had HP send me all the info to give to perfect optimizer to show what I had to do to restore my computer not once but twice because of your program. I out of the 30 e-mails I have sent to perfect optimizer I got about 10 responses. I got a fast response the first time asking what the problem was that I was having. Well in the first e-mail I sent them I described my problem and how I had to have my computer reformatted because of the program. So I re-explained my problem asking for a refund because they say they will give a refund if your not happy. Well after I sent the second e-mail explaining the problem again and answering all the questions they sent me a 2nd e-mail back. Of course not saying they would give me a refund but asking me what the problem was that I was having. As a matter of fact here is the exact response I got.
    Hello Chris,

Please tell us the following so that we can better help you.

1, version of Perfect Optimizer
    2, which functions you had used when the problems happened in details

Best Regards!
    Kate
    Miracle Technology Support Team

I answered it again with a full description for the 3rd time and never got a response. I tried a few times more and then got the SAME EXACT response again. If im telling you the problem and that im not happy with the product and want a refund why would you keep asking me what the problem is. Just give the 60 dollers back. I would have never complained if you stood by your product and the money back guaruntee.

• Ho
      Jun 15, 2009

i had the same problem as Pissed Off. i had just recently bought the Sims 3, and tried to install it. however, it crashed and told me that my crappy computer had a CRC error which needed to be prepared. i search up this problem on the internet and find many replies saying to download the Perfect Optimizer. So i did, and i even bought the full version. it was all fine and dandy til when i tried ACTIVATING my account. it wouldn't accept NEITHER of my serial numbers and wouldn't let me use my order e-mail because the "host connection failed." perfect optimizer is indeed a piece of garbage.

Jun 17, 2009

Nope sorry as far as I know no one has ever gotton a refund. I tried for almost 6 months and got the same run around. As you can see in my posts before I got a runaround and was not dealing with the same person and eventually they just stop replying to me and I never heard from them again. There is no contact number for them eather. There is a corperate number that is based out of I think eather china or japan but you can't get ahold of anyone on it. But there is always a first time for anything so good luck maybe you will be the first to get a refund.

Jun 17, 2009

Hi everyone here,

We refund everyone when they ask for a refund request.

If you are our users, just email us with your order email address, 8-digit order number and your full name.

• Go
      Jun 28, 2009

I also bought the Perfect Optimizer to try to install the Sims 3.
    Trying to get my money back from them,
    they keep e-mailing me to download the newer version.
    I just e-mailed them back and said that if my money wasn't back on my card ASAP
    I will notify the BBB

• Go
      Jun 28, 2009

will not refund my money

Jun 28, 2009

Good luck I tried that also and got no where because they are from another country with no contact info (That works anyhow)

• Wi
      Jul 26, 2009

I have requested a refund from Perfect Optimizer several times and no response. It Neither speeds up computer nor does it clean registry. Same errors continue to pop up on different scans. Computer freezes and had to do System recovery on two computers. So I down loaded a reputable virus Scanner and it said that Perfect Optimizer was a fraud site and that they sell information once you down load their product. Lost out on $71

• Mk
      Aug 03, 2009

You guys just scsred the crap out of me. Just bought Perfect Optimizer to fix Vista (s really sorry OS) errors. Was running on a daily basis. Found 179 registy problems, 1150 privacy data problems and 105 junk files after ONE DAYS use. Removed only one JUNK file! saying some things could not be fixed because they were in use! What program could be in use using 104 junk files.

Clicked on help hoping to find an e-mail contact. Windows Defender opened instead w/ all kinds of dire warnings. Side the site was stealing personal and financial info from PCs. Said NOT to continue to their website. Unfortunetly I enabled Defender after I bought P.O. Found out it had to be enabled when I googled "anti-spyware."

Going to try to e-mail their support and see what happens. Wish me luck.

mkstahl

Aug 03, 2009
    Perfect Optimizer - dosn't work
    Phone: [protected]

dosn't anyone know how to get a refund or should i just forget
    about it and mark it as a loss.

Aug 21, 2009

I just purchased the Perfect Optimizer 5.1 version 2 days ago. After that I was shock that this products was blocked by my AVG antivirus and said to have contain Win32/Induc virus. I have also received message from "Microsoft error reporting" that confirmed it is Win32/Induc virus. Dated this 22 Aug 2009.

• St
      Aug 30, 2009

Thank you! I was just about to download and install Perfect Optimizer because some ***hole on yahoo answers, with the username "miracle", copy-pasted some text from the website and changed a few words so it matched my problem . I go to the site and my antivirus tells me that the website I was going to proceed to is unsafe.
    This made me very suspicious so I investigated using google the reliablity of Perfect Optimizer and I came across this website. I think Perfect Optimizer is just another bogus malware/vunerability scanner that urges you to download garbage that ultimately ruins your computer. You saved me alot of headaches. Thanks.

Sep 07, 2009

I bought the program in March, 2009. Almost as soon as I got the program, I stqrteed asking for a refub=nd because of the quirky performance of the program. Regardless of the schedule I had set for it to scan, it would pop up every 10 minutes, interrupting whatever I was working on and starting a scan.ent numerous emails asking for a refund with no luck. I downloaded the newestr version and tried it. It did the samde things the old software did, caused many problems with my computer. Just recently, I wrote and threatened to write to every site I could find and tell everyone what a crappy program it is. The Lancy /Family wrote back and told me that I needed to send my order number to them and theyt would send me a refund. I sent the order number and all the details of my purchase. I got an email back telling me that too much time had passed, that I had to ask for a refund within the first 60 days of purchasing the program. I had done that, in fact I have been asking for a refund for over 6 months now. I will not give up Lancy family. I will hound you to the gates of hell if I must to get my money back on what is obviously a scam program. I am even more determinede now that I have read all of the other customers complaints about how they had their money stolen by your company. I want my money back and I want it soon. I am reporting you to the FTC and whatever other government program I can find that deals with scams on the internet. I will also follow through on my promise to go to every chat board I can find and tell them how crappy your program is and how you do not keep your promises to refund. There is always an excuse why no refund is forthcoming. If by chance I doi get my full purchase price refunded, I will mention that on the sites I go to in order to complain also, saying that I got a refund and that you were good about giving it to me. It is up to you.

[protected]@aol.com

Sep 08, 2009

I spell checked the complaint before I sent it. I am obsessive about typos and misspelled words so I know that all of the errors in my complaint are not my doing. I am very careful about what I write and how I write it. In business, a typo usually means immediate round file, so I am very careful. Just another example of the Perfectoptimizer people doing whatever they can do to discredit the people who complain about their product.

It took them two weeks to respond to my last request for a refund. When I provided the information that they asked for, they then told me that it was only a 60 day money back guarantee, something they neglected to mention at first. The fact is that I have been asking for my refund monthly at least for almost a year, from the first week I got the program and have gotten nothig but a run-a-round the entire time. I do not ever expect to see a refund. The only satisfaction I have is that I see that the price has gone down from around $50.00 when I bought it a year ago to around $25.00 now. That tells me that the word is getting out about what a piece of junk this program is, and the company is desperately dropping the price to try and continue to sell it. I am not going to waste anymore of my life chasing a bunch of scammers for $50.00. My own peace and serenity is worth too much to be stirred up all of the time because of some unscrupulous people. They will get theirs.

[protected]@aol.com

Sep 08, 2009

Well im glad to see that atleast a few people read the post I started and saved some money by not buying into this scam. I gave up trying to get my money back about 5 months ago. I did everything in my power and it just was a waste of time. Now the only thing I can do is hope to stop a few more people from buying this crap program and stop them from getting scammed and from getting there computer messed up.

• Ra
      Oct 22, 2009

May I receive a refund from Perfect Optimizer, please...My computer repairman removed it and added a different optimizer...How do I contact Perfect Optimizer in a more private customer support manner...Thank you...ranimalpals

Oct 23, 2009

Perfect Optimizer is rogue claimed my malware bytes antimalware

ranimalpals,

As far as I have heard there is no way to contact Perfect Optimizer and get a refund. There is a support e-mail address on there web page but all you will get is the same response over and over again. Your more then welcome to try but to be honest they already took you for your money don't bother giving them the benefit of taking up your time aswell. Wright it off as a loss and save yourself the agrivation. Good luck!

• Pi
      Oct 23, 2009

I downloaded windows defender sept. 30. one day later I asked for a refund because this download just froze up my comp. and would not activate, after numerous attempts with tech. support they finally said they will refund my money...Ihave this in email to prove this...and so far nothing, since this is the end of oct. I am afraid they will say my time for a refund is over...
    I cannot get in touch with anyone, I have called and clled this 877 number but the wait time is over 1 hour...
    this is extremely frustrating...
    all I want is my money back!!!

• Co
      Dec 16, 2009

Could have saved you guys along time ago and told you to download Ccleaner. Free registry cleaner that actually works and IT'S FREE. It will never ask you to "Upgrade Now To Clean Your Computer". It just works.

As for the "Perfect Optimizer Support Team" and their great response to complaints about their product... hmm some of your responses sound like you assume people are stupid. Which I guess you account for since they did eventually pay for your falsely advertised software. That turns out does more damage than if they would have never heard of it. Good Job "Team". Your snake oil made you and your company just as good as your product. Crap.

• Un
      Jan 20, 2010

downloaded Perfect Optimizer, and have had no problems what so ever. I've been using it for 2 months. I have a HP HDX Premiun, Vista Ultimate 64 Bit. I also have a Virtual OS installed,
    XP Pro with no problems, IT is a work station I use. I have my Optimizer set up, so that it doesn't start up, unless I want to use it. When it runs a scan, I always verify the information. Like any program out there whether it's freeware or not, you have to be careful how you use it. Programs are only as smart as the people who use them. So the moral to this story is, when you use any kind of Registration Cleaner/Optimizer, and you don't verify what it's doing, SHAME ON YOU!

• Ha
      May 05, 2010

up above me, unbiased third observer, a company workman trying to change peoples minds about the situation that is happening, is obviously a fraud. this is a 100 to 1 complaint situation. and to add to that i downloaded the trial version last night and today my computer has been acting up, internet being disabled, previous trojans returning. Perfect Optimizer, answer me this, how come before i downloaded the program, my spybod S&D only discovered 17 errors on my computer, and when i downloaded perfect optimizer, spybot found about 32 more errors? its just a matter of scamming. Perfect optimizer also alerted me about false errors, and the error count is way off any of the other products i have on my computer. did not buy, so suck it perfect optimizer.

• Vi
      May 23, 2010

I bought Perfect Optimizer and ran it. It found 286 registry errors and 3 file assoc errors. Cool. I fixed them. Next week it found 286 reg errors and 3 file assoc errors. I fixed them, cool. Next week same thing. Hmmmmm. Next I ran the software and repaired errors then ran it again and again and again and each time it 'found' the same errors and 'repaired' them. WTF.

• Sh
      May 26, 2010

I purchased this product and within a few days my credit card was hacked and over $1500.00 charged to my account and my address was changed on the card. I purchased it with PayPal and filed a dispute with clickbank.com who issued me a full refund. Also, Malwarebytes said this was a rogue program and deleted it. I got an email from the Lancy Family saying the program was fine...tested by some other group and instructed me to reinstall it... sure... I guess $1500.00 wasn't enough for them.

• My
      Jun 25, 2010

I just went through the process to get a refund for this product. My requests for a refund through Perfect Optimizer Customer Support were ignored and I was given the run-around. I submitted a request for a refund through ClickBank (the website that processes payment) and I have been issued a refund one day after my request. If you want a refund, go through ClickBank! (www.clickbank.com) Luckily, I found this site shortly after downloading Perfect Optimizer so I was able to start the process quickly. I was disappointed with the product, the company, and especially the customer service.

• 50
      Jul 04, 2010

[censor] Perfect Optimizer. And [censor] the Perfect Optimizer Support Team--a useless mother[censor]er who thinks its funny to pretend to be one of the staff, which really doesn't exist. People, don't ever use these kind of products, unless of course you are [censor]ed. They will absolutely NOT guarantee a 100% fix.

• Ix
      Jul 09, 2010

I downloaded the free scan and though it looked a bit sketchy and found out it works completely off the file in
    c:programsperfect optimizer there a file called perfect optimizer.ini that controls the whole freaking thing instead of any of its other files and even is made to try and give u a so called legit answer it records the number it gave u last time and then subtracts it by how much it clams to have helped while most likely installing viruses into your computer during that wait time

it just runs off that 1 freaking script and does basic math i was very skeptical and decided to try emailing them i typed
    "You suck monkey d***" they said "please be more specific about the problem you are having" so its obvious its just a response bot

i tryed about 3 more times and same response from the same person (some person called "Kate") same exact response
    but the bot just ends chat after it says be specific

im at a lose for words cuz after reading the disclaimer they basicly stole all your rights to getting your money back my response to this is try going to court against these people if you can get a lawyer to go through there disclaimer and find atleast 1 right you didn't sign off on but other wise theirs NO way your going to get your money back

on top of that i decided to open up all perfect optimizers other scripts NONE of them had any role EXEPT linking all the pictures together and making it look like a program 1 of the scripts were said to activate in 30 days which i am lead to believe is a virus
    i used AVG on the script and AVG told me straight up it was a virus it seems like it "sleeps" until your 30 day guarantee is up

to backup my proof even i ask any none believers to open up the perfect optimizer.ini file with notepad and tell me thats not just a calculator

im just glad that when i tryed using it Kaspersky went into lock down and told it to [censor] off (almost literally)
    (kaspersky is the [censor] when you actually need it other times it just slows your whole computer down)

Jul 29, 2010

Perfect Optimizer works GREAT!

It does exactly what it says and I love the program. I don't understand all these claims that it slows down your pc and deletes files and all, thats really not true with me at least it works well and I love it!

No problems at all with this program!

I'm glad I bought iot!

Jul 29, 2010

I Love Perfect Optimizer!

It works and keeps my system running at full speed and removed all the svchost.exe errors I had!

I am sorry everyone has had so many problems with it, I have had no problems with it at all.

Piano Man