Perfect Optimizer / No support or refund

NY, United States Review updated:
I found that perfect optimizer had great ratings and looked as though to be the real deal. Well I bought my computer 3 months ago and wanted something that will keep it going at top speed. Long story short I bought the Perfect optimizer $60. I scanned my computer and it found over 1000 problems. I hit the only option it had (Fix All). after it finished I clicked on my internet and it could not find any address's at all. I restarted and my computer froze up to a screen saying there were to many problems that windows could not fix to continue, I had to restart using a save from a previous date to get my computer to work. After it restarted I have nothing but errors popping up everywhere. They have a live 24/7 support team that apparently is not there 24/6 because I can never get ahold of anyone. I sent a e-mail to there tech department and got a 2 line response saying they need more info. I sent more info and asked nicely for my money back. They say they have a 30 day money back guarantee. It has been 5 days and no response. I finnaly got ahold of the live support and asked for a phone number or contact info and they asked why and I told them I wanted my money back that the program has been deleated less then 24 hours after I bought it and it messed up my computer and he said to take a picture of our conversation and send it to tech support. I told him I told them the problem already and he went ahead and said that he took a pic and sent it to them for me that they will be back to me in 24 hours or less. I told him I simply just want my money back and he then got rude and disconnected the live chat. I still have not heard back from anyone and it has been almost 6 days since I bought it. I do not recommend this to anyone they are a scam and do not do anything they say they will do.

Comments

Pi
  30th of Dec, 2008
Yes, "Perfect Optimizer" is pure garbage. I downloaded the free trial on December 15th and it found about 3000 plus errors on my computer. So, I purchased the full version, aps $45.00, so the program could "fix" my computer. Well, the registration (serial) number they provided me was absolutely bogus. I attempted to copy and paste the registration code and was provided with an invalid registration code error message. I tried several times but with no success. So, I contacted their help center. What a joke. I sent to online messages, but received no response.

But, to make matters worse. The program ultimately slowed then froze my computer. I tried to remove the program from my computer. But, Perfect Optimizer is a sneaky program. At first, it appeared to be gone. It was off my desktop and off my start up menu. But, the program had a back door. Every time I restarted my computer Perfect Optimizer popped up. Ultimately, I had to run a search on my computer. The program had imbedded itself in several folders (apx 6) on my harddrive. It took me several hours to find each folder and manually delete their program.

In short, a waste of money, criminal because it won't go away and they steal your money.
  12th of Jan, 2009
pontiacman,

I have the identical experience on my Windows XP, I was able to to register.

I bought the (3) License Deal $59. 66, Lifetime Lincese and Extended Download.

The program not only slowed down XP it has destroyed all Microsoft Applications, and Internet Browsing ability. I need to type in website links on the address bar, I can not click on Internet Explorer or Mozilla and it also freezes my computer. I have not tried to remove the program from my computer. I appreciate the "heads up" on the sneaky program that Perfect Optimizer is.

I have contacted my credit card company to refute the charge.
So
  26th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I asolutely HATE Perfect Optimizer! What a scam...what a joke...what a nightmare. I have had the same issues. This stupid program screwed up my computer so bad...I literay had to buy a new one. I have emailed and emailed this company tryting to get a refund. No go...they won't even respond to emails now.

In short...Steer clear of this product and company. All you end up with is a broken slow computer and no chance of ever getting a refund!!!
  9th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
That is strange that nobody cant get a hold of the company Perfect Optimizer..? Did anyone ever get the phone number to this company.. I allso paid $59.66 for this program but i had not exspirence of any problems yet And I also had 1000 errors... some time a virus or registry error can mess a computer up so much its unfixable through the best programs thats out there... I have to do more research on this matter... Maybee after my 30 day is up, my computer will mess up ????
  11th of Feb, 2009
I tried to get ahold of them but they don't have a phone number. There is one number and it's in china and when I tried to get ahold of them the number would not work for me. I asked on live support for a phone number and he would not give me one he just said that there support team would get ahold of me through e-mail. They contacted me asking me what my problem was. I answered the e-mail with all of the problems I had. Well eather someone is really dumb or they just keep sending a automated response back because the e-mail I got back was the same one they origanally sent asking what my problem was. Im glad it's working for you but be warned that if something goes wrong you will have no e-mail or live chat support and NO CHANCE at getting your money back.
  12th of Feb, 2009
I've email then numerus time to ask them if I have to have another virus protection program other than perfect optimizer and get no reply, its been 3 weeks now and still no reply... I have a web site to go to and report suspected scams and it is http://www.ic3.gov/contact/default.aspx copy this url to report... maybee they will get theres if many people report this and investigate this matter...!
  16th of Feb, 2009
I've contacted Clickbank for a full refund on Perfect Optimizer... They said it will be 4-6 week to recieve it back into my account, "Will see" ??? It took me a week and half for somebody to reply to my Emails for questions. I starting to have problems with my computer that never has happend before, very strange.. I know this because I am very computer savy, I know my computer... Pontiaman you are rite, it is threw a third party, you cant contact the company. On my last post is a web site for reporting scams. I hope it will useful to others...

They said I dont have to have another protection program other than Perfect Optimizer, that it will stop all worms and viruses.. My computer is saying its not protected and the sheild keeps popping up resaulting in downloading free Avg program... I should have got the Avg program instead!!! I will learn by my mistakes.
Sn
  5th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I bought this crappy program...it deleted ALL my files..had to take it to the shop and get a complete reformat done...DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS... I have tried repeatedly to get a refund...I guess it's hopeless, I am out 50 bucks.
Ne
  8th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It works fine on my computer and I like it.
Pe
  8th of May, 2009
Hello everyone here,

Thanks for your support our Perfect Optimizer. Here we will give an explanation to your complaints.

To Mr. pontiacman,
1. Can’t find address on your internet.
It is because that you use Evidence Cleaner to clean cookies. The Evidence Cleaner is used to clean your browser history and protect your personal information like username, password, bank accounts etc. For your privacy security concerned, we recommend that you use it, though you need to re-type them when you want to login next time.
2. Refund issue.
We will refund our users if they ask for. It will reach you within 5 business day.

To Mr. Pissed Off,
Registration issue
There are 2 possible reasons why you can’t register:
1. You typed wrong serial number. We recommend that you copy first and paste it to register.
2. Invalid. As you said it is one-month period, so if it is over 1 month, it will become invalid. Now we suggest that you use other serial number to activate the software.

To Mrs. Mari Hedberg,

To Mrs. South Texas,
We will refund everyone if they ask for a refund by giving us a reasonable reason. We don’t know which functions you used when the problems happened. But we suggest that you upgrade your hardware, too.

To Mr. Monty,
Good to hear that Perfect Optimizer works fine on your computer. These 2 months we will update it to version 5.0 with a new look and more functions and it will have about 45 functions this year. Please update it to enjoy latest technology. For your other 2 questions, we would like to say that you can have some antivirus software. And you can email us all the problems you encountered on your computer. We will do our best to help you solve them.

To Mrs. Snowbirdmo62,
We don’t know which functions you used when you have this problem, it can fix registry errors and remove junk files. If you have any problem, you can contact us first and also we will do our best to help you.

To Mr. neailee,
Thanks for your support. You can update it regularly.

We will do our best to help you and provide high quality software.

Best Wishes,

Perfect Optimizer Support Team
www.perfectoptimizer.com
Ad
  14th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Lol you guys don't know anything about computers? I debugged the program and found out that sometimes it says '1000' errors when it is only 50... this is pure crap*

To fix the browser problem I recommend that you download a Registry Repairer or find a registry backup to use.
  23rd of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Wow.. Im at a loss of words I sent honestly about 30 e-mails to perfect optimizer for a refund. I even had HP send me all the info to give to perfect optimizer to show what I had to do to restore my computer not once but twice because of your program. I out of the 30 e-mails I have sent to perfect optimizer I got about 10 responses. I got a fast response the first time asking what the problem was that I was having. Well in the first e-mail I sent them I described my problem and how I had to have my computer reformatted because of the program. So I re-explained my problem asking for a refund because they say they will give a refund if your not happy. Well after I sent the second e-mail explaining the problem again and answering all the questions they sent me a 2nd e-mail back. Of course not saying they would give me a refund but asking me what the problem was that I was having. As a matter of fact here is the exact response I got.
Hello Chris,

Please tell us the following so that we can better help you.

1, version of Perfect Optimizer
2, which functions you had used when the problems happened in details

Best Regards!
Kate
Miracle Technology Support Team

I answered it again with a full description for the 3rd time and never got a response. I tried a few times more and then got the SAME EXACT response again. If im telling you the problem and that im not happy with the product and want a refund why would you keep asking me what the problem is. Just give the 60 dollers back. I would have never complained if you stood by your product and the money back guaruntee.
Ho
  15th of Jun, 2009
i had the same problem as Pissed Off. i had just recently bought the Sims 3, and tried to install it. however, it crashed and told me that my crappy computer had a CRC error which needed to be prepared. i search up this problem on the internet and find many replies saying to download the Perfect Optimizer. So i did, and i even bought the full version. it was all fine and dandy til when i tried ACTIVATING my account. it wouldn't accept NEITHER of my serial numbers and wouldn't let me use my order e-mail because the "host connection failed." perfect optimizer is indeed a piece of garbage.
  17th of Jun, 2009
Nope sorry as far as I know no one has ever gotton a refund. I tried for almost 6 months and got the same run around. As you can see in my posts before I got a runaround and was not dealing with the same person and eventually they just stop replying to me and I never heard from them again. There is no contact number for them eather. There is a corperate number that is based out of I think eather china or japan but you can't get ahold of anyone on it. But there is always a first time for anything so good luck maybe you will be the first to get a refund.
Ne
  17th of Jun, 2009
Hi everyone here,

We refund everyone when they ask for a refund request.

If you are our users, just email us with your order email address, 8-digit order number and your full name.
Go
  28th of Jun, 2009
I also bought the Perfect Optimizer to try to install the Sims 3.
Trying to get my money back from them,
they keep e-mailing me to download the newer version.
I just e-mailed them back and said that if my money wasn't back on my card ASAP
I will notify the BBB
Go
  28th of Jun, 2009
will not refund my money
  28th of Jun, 2009
Good luck I tried that also and got no where because they are from another country with no contact info (That works anyhow)
Wi
  26th of Jul, 2009
I have requested a refund from Perfect Optimizer several times and no response. It Neither speeds up computer nor does it clean registry. Same errors continue to pop up on different scans. Computer freezes and had to do System recovery on two computers. So I down loaded a reputable virus Scanner and it said that Perfect Optimizer was a fraud site and that they sell information once you down load their product. Lost out on $71
Mk
  3rd of Aug, 2009
You guys just scsred the crap out of me. Just bought Perfect Optimizer to fix Vista (s really sorry OS) errors. Was running on a daily basis. Found 179 registy problems, 1150 privacy data problems and 105 junk files after ONE DAYS use. Removed only one JUNK file! saying some things could not be fixed because they were in use! What program could be in use using 104 junk files.

Clicked on help hoping to find an e-mail contact. Windows Defender opened instead w/ all kinds of dire warnings. Side the site was stealing personal and financial info from PCs. Said NOT to continue to their website. Unfortunetly I enabled Defender after I bought P.O. Found out it had to be enabled when I googled "anti-spyware."

Going to try to e-mail their support and see what happens. Wish me luck.

mkstahl