Pepsi Corporation / Pledge of Allegiance

I am complaining about the new so-called "patriotic" cans that Pepsi is producing. While putting the Pledge of Allegiance on the can is indeed a patriotic thought, I am deeply saddened by the fact that Pepsi left off "In God we trust." When Pepsi says that they "don't want to offend anyone, " they are indeed offending people like me who feel that "in God we trust" is an integral part of the Pledge. What right does Pepsi have in leaving those necessary words off of their cans? Needless to say, I will never buy a Pepsi product again, and I will be telling everyone I know not to buy Pepsi, either. If this is Pepsi's way of trying to gain a larger share of the market, they have it completely backwards. I used to love drinking Pepsi, but my mind is made up. From now on, it is Coca-Cola products only. Sorry Pepsi, you BLEW IT!

Comments

• Re
      13th of May, 2009

I just have to say that you yourself must not be very patriotic. "In God we trust" is on our paper currancy, not in the pledge of allegiance. "I pledge allegiance to the flag... one nation UNDER GOD..."
    Besides that I can respect the fact that they did not put that on because they would have offended a lot of people by doing so. I think that people had faith in their customers who believed in God to be understanding and accepting enough to understand why they didn't, because after all believers are supposed to be ACCEPTING are they. SO for you to stop buying a great product for this, well you are the one missing out. Besides, you not buying the product is in no way going to hurt them.

• Th
      25th of May, 2009

Never mind that your complaint is completely and totally bogus unless you are drinking REALLY OLD Pepsi. And you're stupid because they only used three words of the Pledge to begin with... Oh, and the original Pledge didn't use the words "under god" anyway, that was a byproduct of the McCarthy "Red Scare" era. But anyway, the only cans with the pledge at all were from November 2001- Feb 2002.

• Re
      25th of May, 2009

I like you the realist mom

• Ne
      20th of Jun, 2009

Realist and RealistMom. What are you smoking. You couldn't be more wrong. Put down the drugs and open your eyes. National Emergency Services will never buy Pepsi products for our Law Enforcement, Medical Techs and Firefighters and we do have a large following and we do make a difference. This is being passed to all of our emergency personnel nation wide and most of them have families. We are drinking Cokes right now and joking about RealistMom. FYI... 86% of AMERICANS believe in God. Pepsi is catoring to 14% of the population. What Good business. LOL

• Wh
      14th of Jul, 2009

You all might be a bit confused this is just an urban ledgend thats been going through the internet since 2001 pepsi has not came out with this can and does not plan on it so you dont have to stop drinking pepsi uless you hate the taste like me. dont hold this myth against pepsi until you have physical proof of a can containing the pledge of allegiance without "under God" in it. Sheesh and all this coming from a 14 year old who took the time to gather reliable information about the Pepsi scare

• Pa
      20th of Jul, 2009

I will no longer buy Pepsi products for sure. this also includes: taco bell, kfc, speedway, and the other pepsico companies that I can't think of now.

• Eb
      2nd of Aug, 2009

you are all idiots it's an urban legend made to boost sales of coke products its been going on for years, GOOGLE it!

• Lh
      16th of Mar, 2011

First off - Pepsi stinks - even on ice!
    B. Obama drinks it - For the love of Monkees, everything he does stinks - even on ice! The communist!
    3. Even if they do make a bogus can with a bogus version of the Pledge of Allegiance, it only goes to show their utter ignorance and their disrespect for Americans.
    Finally - Pepsi stinks - even on ice!

• Ca
      12th of Aug, 2011

The Pepsi company has published the following statement on its website denying the rumour:
    You've received an erroneous email about a "patriotic can" that Pepsi allegedly produced with an edited version of America's Pledge of Allegiance. The truth is, Pepsi never produced such a can. In fact, this is a hoax that has been circulating on the Internet for more than four years. A patriotic package used in 2001 by Dr Pepper (which is not a part of PepsiCo) was inappropriately linked to Pepsi.

30th of Mar, 2014

Now I know why I never bought that much Pepsi products what is this world coming to???WOW WOW WOW.!!! I can't believe a big company like yours would do such a unbelievable thing as that! God is the only reason this country and your company does so well in the first place!!! If people don't believe in God that doesn't mean you can leave his name off of something that has been around for decades!!! WOW WOW WOW !!!???? Now I know for sure I'll never buy your products ever again!!! Like others have said if you can't honor God by putting his name on a can of pop how can we honor you with our money that says just what you won't print on your cans!!!There is no other way our world would be here if it wasn't FOR OUR DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN!!! Next time ask the public with one of your polls do you or do you not want in God we trust on our cans of pop!!??