Pep Boys / terrible service

1 425 sunrise hwyPatchogue, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 631-758-0045

I went to pepboys @ 5 pm 10/11/08 for an auto inspection which I was told would take approx. 1 hr. My car was finally taken in for inspection 2' 40" later after numerous complaints. I left @ 9pm w/out an inspection! My car had failed x's 2 & they wanted to try 3rd time? They admitted having problems w/dyno machine & I don't really know what the issue is, but my car is fine & I have never had a problem w/inspection passage in the past. Ther were 2 other couples that had waited 5'&7' for their cars and they were also extremly dissatisfied w/the service dep't.
I have never encounterd such poor service in the past @ any other auto facility & I really don't know how they stay in business. I will never return!

Li

Comments

• He
      19th of Sep, 2008

Had a fuel pump installed on 03/10/08.Paid a total of $481.98 On 09/18/08 while driving on I-10 van started to loose power I barely made it to a small safe location on the side of Interstate, after which the van died, stopped. I called for help.Before the tow Co. that I called could get there the local Police arrived and attempted to tow me to the City Auto pound.After some explaining that Co. towed me to Pepboys for a fee of $75.00, . Pepboys advisied Me that line leading to the fuel pump was loose.The Tech.also attempted to charge Me a diagnostic fee of $93.00.After much protesting the fee was lowered to $52.96, . I could have been killed.The Tech tried to blame the loose line on probable theives, stating with the high price of gas someone may have tampered with the line.Oh how impossible .I informed him that drove the van the day before without any problems.I Parked in my driveway with a half of tank of gas, and I have an alarm. Shame on you pepboys ripping off good customers.

• Sn
      19th of Jun, 2009

Im confused, what makes it poor service? The fact that they needed the car for a day for the inspection? Or the fact you got "x's" when you havnt before? This is not even a complaint. Your just venting like a ###.